Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | First

Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by aoyamaguy
The pasta main seems very similar if not identical to a CE dish?
The beef cheeks too. Difference is that in First the description is 'herb jus' while in CE menu 'braising jus'.....
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:26 am

That's a First menu
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by firstlight
I contacted you first today (1 min 30 waiting) and apparently the July menus have been released. As soon as I get it I will post the one for our upcoming flight to DXB.
And here it is: not very inspiring to be honest, glad I used a GUF2 to upgrade from CW although the menu looks pretty close to CW anyway. Beef cheeks in first ? Looking at the date code on the document the menu document was generated in mid May.

I actually prefer this menu over what they just sent me for DFW-LHR. I’ll post as soon as I can get to a computer but it’s ironically pretty close to the ultimate horror menu I designed a few posts above.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by zen100
That's a First menu
Yes, I feel a complaint coming on and I haven't even flown yet. The return menu is even worse (although that's a night flight so is vaguely more acceptable)
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
I actually prefer this menu over what they just sent me for DFW-LHR. I’ll post as soon as I can get to a computer but it’s ironically pretty close to the ultimate horror menu I designed a few posts above.
Oh dear
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
And here they are. The food and wine menus I've been sent for the July BA 192, DFW-LHR. Distinctly BLAH to me. Very disappointing all around for every course and the wine is acceptable but not much more. What are 'yam noodles'? I've eaten the British Airways filet steak a gazillion times in F and CW over the past decade and I don't know if I can face it again, but I don't love a single thing here (including starters). As I wrote above, I had a horrific cod dish once before to DXB and it was the worst meal I've ever eaten on a plane (including in coach). Maybe this one is different? I'd have to go back to see if I have a menu for that flight to see if I know which cod I attempted to eat. These starters are also disappointing, as is the cheesecake. (edible, sure, but...meh).

Last edited by OneWorldSapphire; Jul 1, 2022 at 11:19 am
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
What are 'yam noodles'?
yam noodles are...yam noodles. sweet potato noodles. like zucchini noodles or any other various vegetable spiralized noodle.

can be quite good but have never trusted BA to make them anything other than bland so stick to the non-veg courses if that is the only veg option! but agree that this continues to be rather underwhelming.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by orbitmic
everyone to their own I guess - I used to really like the tasting menus (which indeed disappeared from the 388 years ago when the bistro options were also removed and replaced “normal” choices instead) ans would order it every time I was on the 388 in f. I also liked the surprise element it entailed.
Seconded. The tasting menu was one of the last things that really made me think someone at BA still cared about creating an F product pitched above lowest common denominator.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
Myself and the PA’s meals on the BA109 LHR-DXB on 30/06, a very delayed service with 4hrs spent onboard before a 1am departure. Dinner served while still parked at C54:

Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
BA108 DXB-LHR on 05/07

Service felt rushed, as if the crew were doing an express club Europe service, after lunch didn’t see them again until the second meal. I don’t feel I should have to use the call bell or go up to the galley in F. The PA had ordered the starter described as stuffed pepper but it was laughable once it arrived.

Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by TarquinMontague
BA108 DXB-LHR on 05/07

Service felt rushed, as if the crew were doing an express club Europe service, after lunch didn’t see them again until the second meal. I don’t feel I should have to use the call bell or go up to the galley in F. The PA had ordered the starter described as stuffed pepper but it was laughable once it arrived.
I assume they were doing double duty in CW due to shortages ? I guess disappearing is fine on an overnight but not on a day flight. Did you get introduction to IFM and did you complain?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by firstlight
I assume they were doing double duty in CW due to shortages ? I guess disappearing is fine on an overnight but not on a day flight. Did you get introduction to IFM and did you complain?
Actually no we didn’t get an introduction from the IFM, the first time we saw her was at the door while disembarking. It wasn’t the end of the world as we just snoozed during the flight but it’s more the principle of it.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
[QUOTE=TarquinMontague;34401002]BA108 DXB-LHR on 05/07

Hi,

On my LHR-DXB-LHR F flights I felt the overnight flight DXB-LHR was more rushed as after take off everyone seemed to want to eat at once ( short flight also at 6hrs) esp with the 2 crew in 8F cabin. ( crew were good esp with my non reclining seat and sent them a well done message). The return DXB-LHR flight lunch and tea service was more relaxed ( I dozed between lunch and tea so did not notice them in the cabin)

Regads

TBS
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: AA
LHR - IAH July

Canepes

Salmon starter - Doesn't look like much, but very tasty especially with bread

Salmon main, with all sides

Cheese plate

Tort and ice cream

Proscuitto starter

Angolotti main - lots of sauce, quite good

Strawberries - only thing that was not great

Overall, everything tasted either good or very good, however I echo other comments in that the catering feels more J than F.

Last edited by golfer20; Jul 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
What route was that @golfer20? Can't spot it in your review

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.