Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | First

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes. That went some years ago when First catering was improved. You now have canapés served with the first drink. A very welcome improvement too 👍🏻

If you’d prefer nuts, just ask.
At one point just after the relaunch nuts and a hot towel were served with the pre departure drink though. Sadly these haven't returned.
camdentown likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
LHR-MEX. I was slightly disappointed as the food was similar to what I had to Chicago back in February but was delicious.

Jamon & Manchego, baba ghanoush & olives

Roast beef carpaccio

Slow cooked beef cheeks with sweet corn gnocchi & Mediterranean vegetables.

Chocolate & creme brűlée tort

Cheese board.

Pulled chicken slider & coleslaw.
Sealink, JTXC and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
BA 16 SIN-LHR 9th June
Not normally a champagne lover but getting to like the LPGS, Mrs B can’t get enough.

I had the smoothie a bit watery but fine. Mrs B was greedy and had the breakfast which she enjoyed.

Couldn’t finish my glass of the Late Harvest Vidal, love dessert wines but not this and certainly clashed with the cheesecake.
Had the Shiraz with the beef, drinkable.

Normally have the cheese but didn’t fancy the choices so went for the cheesecake which was excellent.

Mrs B and I had our orders taken first so had all our picks, status paid off as things ran out very quickly.

About the worst canapés served on BA in my and Mrs B’s experience

Rice paper prawn roll Not particularly enjoyed by myself and Mrs B. Had started before remembering to take photo.

Main of grilled tenderloin of beef, enjoyed by both.

Great dessert, there is a chocolate disc missing from the photo, Mrs B snaffled that as it was being served, guts!!

Last edited by BESTEDIFLYER; Jun 11, 2022 at 12:45 am
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:49 pm

Does anyone have the current menu for JFK-LHR? We are taking a night flight tonight and are trying to decide whether to have dinner in the CCR or onboard.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by stun
Does anyone have the current menu for JFK-LHR? We are taking a night flight tonight and are trying to decide whether to have dinner in the CCR or onboard.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:00 pm

This is the menu for the 11pm flight later this month.

And the desserts!
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
[QUOTE=westmidlandsguy;34325293]LHR-MEX. I was slightly disappointed as the food was similar to what I had to Chicago back in February but was delicious.

Roast beef carpaccio

Had this to JFK in feb also, and BOS in May. Am flying to IAH shortly i hope I dont see it again 😭😭😭
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Does anyone have this month's BA 278 F SJC-LHR jun19? I contacted Youfirst via their contact form last week and silence so far.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Originally Posted by ferg2k
Does anyone have this month's BA 278 F SJC-LHR jun19? I contacted Youfirst via their contact form last week and silence so far.
They don't have menus on the plane either! Poor old staff having to verbally outline the options.
  • Beef terrine
  • Cod something or other
  • Beancurd noodles.
Starters include asparagus, but that's such a fuss.

Wines include a white burgundy and a poilly fume.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
The A380 in F previously had a "tasting menu", any rumor of this coming back in the future?

Thanks,

LcS
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
The A380 in F previously had a "tasting menu", any rumor of this coming back in the future?

Thanks,

LcS
No. That was removed quite a few years ago.
mikeyfly and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
193 to DFW today

Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas

Thanks,

LcS
That is a blast from the past. I think the last time I was offered a A380 tasting menu was from HKG in 2015. Never enjoyed it and doubt I would partake if it was reintroduced.
bafan, Tobias-UK and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I have contacted YouFirst multiple times for the menu for my early-July DFW-LHR flight. I've been given various responses, some of which are plain wrong: a) we never have those here so check BA.com for them (obviously false); b) your flight has no menu (obviously false); c) menus only come out at the start of the month in which the flight takes place so try again July 1; d) we have no idea what you are asking for (unhelpful). The only response that seemed sensible was option (c). I explained to the agent who gave this reply that it seemed as if people here are getting them 30-days out and the reply was rather cheeky: 'it may work out for someone who calls June 1 for a flight June 30 that it would be 30 days'. Is there a change from July, am I getting horribly misinformed agents, or is it true that menus only appear for YouFirst at the start of the month for flights that same month (meaning someone who flies on the first day of the month would never be able to see their menu ahead of time)? I tried emailing them, hoping to get a more informed agent, but it was radio silence.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Flew LHR-IAD yesterday. Beef carpaccio was lovely--one of the nicest things I have had on a plane in a while. Great crew too. Was on a 777 with 14F--they had four crew working the cabin instead of the usual three (is this a recent change or could it be due to downstage from the 380?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.