Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | First

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by DelTroon
Prawns to start and Prawns for main - really?
It's either that or cheese, cheese and cheese - you would think someone would look at the menus before hand.
bafan, camdentown and DelTroon like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
This is from LHR-JFK last week. I thought it was good and the service was impeccable.

Light meal served about 90 mins before landing

Carfield, Sealink and bafan like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by S_W_S
This is from LHR-JFK last week. I thought it was good and the service was impeccable.
Yes, it does look good. As it should, in First.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Grease on the side of the plate and nobody has bothered to crumb down, I don’t think so! Good but not First Class standard.
Jimmie76, NoY, Genius1 and 9 others like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
That light meal looks a lot better than the afternoon tea effort. Not quite sure why flights on the same route don’t have the same offer (with the exception of the early breakfast one).
Old May 10, 2022, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Grease on the side of the plate and nobody has bothered to crumb down, I don’t think so! Good but not First Class standard.
Your eye for detail is a thing of rare beauty.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So much detail I could comment on, for example the protein on the plate should always be a 6 o’clock.

Last edited by Can I help you; May 10, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Old May 10, 2022, 12:59 pm

Does anyone know what the meal service might look like BOS LHR morning departure? Wondering if someone has menus from the day flights from any US east coast city? Thanks.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
So much detail I could comment on, for example the protein on the plate should always be a 6 o’clock.
You were wasted on BA, you should be running Claridges.
Jimmie76, LCSinTexas and skydelt like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
That light meal looks a lot better than the afternoon tea effort. Not quite sure why flights on the same route don’t have the same offer (with the exception of the early breakfast one).
This looks like a huge amount of food for a 7 hour flight, god forgive me for saying this but almost too much! Is this definitely to JFK as it looks like the meals one would get to LAX?
Old May 10, 2022, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
This looks like a huge amount of food for a 7 hour flight, god forgive me for saying this but almost too much! Is this definitely to JFK as it looks like the meals one would get to LAX?
Definitely JFK, I posted the menus earlier in the thread.

The only thing myself and the crew could think of was afternoon tea was swapped for a light meal because of the 7pm arrival. If you arrive mid afternoon you're going to get some dinner in the city, but 7pm you might not have time to eat on arrival.

I will be totally honest with only 3 hours between services I would have preferred afternoon tea. At least there is the option of dine on demand to have the bigger meal before landing if you preferred.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:14 pm

Your attention to detail is second to none!

The crew member working the galley had been with BA over 30 years, and the one serving was ex MF. It was great seeing them work together so well, and knowledge being passed between the old fleets. The IFM had been with BA the same length of time and was doing it because he enjoyed the job, and it really showed and cascaded down onto all the other crew.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Definitely JFK, I posted the menus earlier in the thread.

The only thing myself and the crew could think of was afternoon tea was swapped for a light meal because of the 7pm arrival. If you arrive mid afternoon you're going to get some dinner in the city, but 7pm you might not have time to eat on arrival.

I will be totally honest with only 3 hours between services I would have preferred afternoon tea. At least there is the option of dine on demand to have the bigger meal before landing if you preferred.
My mistake, it's just I've never seen such a large volume of food for such a short flight! BA is so random, serving up this impressive but ultimately OTT feast, whilst only one cabin down they do an economy-style one tray service with half a toastie for a second meal. I used to think it was all driven by money but given your experience, even that isn't making sense.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be clear I am not saying that the service and crew were not very good, just that it wasn’t picture perfect.
alex67500 and S_W_S like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:07 pm

To be clear I am not saying that the service and crew were not very good, just that it wasn’t picture perfect.
I wasn't criticising either , and I had the same thought when it was placed down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.