Long haul in-flight catering | First

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 28, 22, 2:45 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Genius1
Wiki Link
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 15, 22, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
I was on LHR-SEA the day before on Feb 13.

I ended up with the chicken too which was a bit on the dry side. They need to get consistent on plating presentation.

Still at least this time the sides came out separately.

Chicken - rosemary jus
Looks like a naked McNugget
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Feb 15, 22, 4:07 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
Looks like a naked McNugget
I think you mean chicken selects....

Anyhow, how is the chicken option described on the menu? 2 chicken breasts with some sauce?
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Feb 15, 22, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post

Anyhow, how is the chicken option described on the menu? 2 chicken breasts with some sauce?
Actually, you're not far off. It just says:
Chicken
Rosemary jus

So I guess in a way it was accurate...
Old Feb 16, 22, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
First menu LHR - ORD

I have Emailed YouFirst for the above flight on 1st March. They replied saying they only know the menu 3 days before the flight. How can this be when you used to be able to order 30 days before?
Old Feb 16, 22, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by iceandaslicegandt View Post
I have Emailed YouFirst for the above flight on 1st March. They replied saying they only know the menu 3 days before the flight. How can this be when you used to be able to order 30 days before?
Clearly it's to do with the 3-day pre-flight covid test for the food... .
ENTP likes this.
Old Feb 16, 22, 12:50 pm

Breakfast (which is the main meal...) on the BA117 (LHR - JFK) last week.
Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 16, 22, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by iceandaslicegandt View Post
I emailed YouFirst on Sunday to see if I could get our menu for an early March flight. After 72 hours without a response, I decided to call instead. 30 minutes on hold and got connected to an advisor who spent about 10 minutes trying to find the menu, 10 minutes trying to work out when the menu might be released (finally advised to call back around 3 days before the end of the month) only to be told that I should continue to check the website as the information on there is usually more up to date than they have access to!
Old Feb 18, 22, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
I had the delight of the LAX-LHR vegan meal today.

Start was quinoa on a bed of sliced tomato

Main was some vegetables, rice and tofu thrown in to a pile

Desert was under-ripe fruit

Breakfast was some surprisingly juicy fruit followed by undercooked potatoes, tomatoes and some surprisingly nice mushrooms with the toast thrown on top

Identical to Dec '21

Old Feb 18, 22, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Originally Posted by guytp View Post
I had the delight of the LAX-LHR vegan meal today.
Start was quinoa on a bed of sliced tomato
Main was some vegetables, rice and tofu thrown in to a pile
Desert was under-ripe fruit
Breakfast was some surprisingly juicy fruit followed by undercooked potatoes, tomatoes and some surprisingly nice mushrooms with the toast thrown on top
Wow, that all looks pretty disgusting. Are the 777 tray tables that small that the plates don't fit??
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 18, 22, 12:35 pm

Does the chef's chat still exist? Can I contact You First in advance and ask for allergen information? I usually have a gluten free meal booked, but I'm considering going standard meal just in order to have something vaguely OK and then suffer the consequences later.
​​​​​
Old Feb 18, 22, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Wow, that all looks pretty disgusting. Are the 777 tray tables that small that the plates don't fit??
Nope my tray wasn’t working, nor were various other aspects of the seat but that’s just par for the course
Old Feb 18, 22, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
The tables are not small but the main course plates are too big considering that you are supposed to serve the vegetables separately.
Old Feb 18, 22, 12:47 pm

Nope my tray wasn’t working, nor were various other aspects of the seat but that’s just par for the course
Oh, I had issue with parts of my seat not working on the LAX-LHR flight the night before yours...! Tbh, the whole cabin looked really tired, and my seat area was pretty dirty.
Old Feb 18, 22, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ben1991 View Post
Oh, I had issue with parts of my seat not working on the LAX-LHR flight the night before yours...! Tbh, the whole cabin looked really tired, and my seat area was pretty dirty.
There was someone else with a TV falling off the hinge. SCCM said “they’ve given me a pile of junk but with everything from the last 3 years we make do with what we have”. Still I got a good sleep, a safe landing in crazy weather and at least my melon was ripe so I’ll take the positives!
SxMan and ben1991 like this.
Old Feb 18, 22, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Melon

There was someone else with a TV falling off the hinge. SCCM said “they’ve given me a pile of junk but with everything from the last 3 years we make do with what we have”. Still I got a good sleep, a safe landing in crazy weather and at least my melon was ripe so I’ll take the positives!
that’s a bit rude to refer to senior cabin staff as a melon!
guytp likes this.

Search this Thread