Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | First

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Refreshed every month… hmm… Haven’t the burrata and prawns been on there for a good 6 months now?
by refresh i presume they mean they have four starters and five entrees and three dessert options and each month randomly pick 2, 3 and 1 respectively for that month.

hence, refreshed!

lolol sadly i bet this is their rationale!
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
Flew LHR-ORD.

Amuse bouche

Starter

Main course

Dessert

Light meal - starter

Light meal - main course

Light meal - dessert
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Menu for my upcoming (16th Feb) LAX-LHR flight.

Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Print files

Originally Posted by ben1991
Menu for my upcoming (16th Feb) LAX-LHR flight.

Rather odd that you should have been sent the print files – complete with crop marks and bleed. A little unprofessional to circulate such things.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by SxMan
Rather odd that you should have been sent the print files – complete with crop marks and bleed. A little unprofessional to circulate such things.
This is also after me having cropped out the file name and a few other internal markings

Interestingly YouFirst also wanted my billing address and last 4 digits and expiry date of the my payment card before sending them to me. I said no, don’t worry then, and they still just sent me the menus anyway…!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Strange not to have spuds as a starch for the lamb, unless they are unlisted
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:59 am

I will be flying BA first LHR-JFK on March 18th, will update after the flight with what I ate and what menu was onboard.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ENTP
Strange not to have spuds as a starch for the lamb, unless they are unlisted
Well, stranger is the concept of "fried sushi rice". What on earth does it even mean and who thinks of those things?Are they just trying to terrify the Japanese people on the flight? Tahini creme fraiche also sounds a bit silly to be honest - mixing two types of fats doesn't sound like an appealing idea, a bit like "olive oil and butter dressing" or something.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Tempting fate once again and flying BA First to JNB in a few weeks... BA57 and BA54.
Reading upthread about BA only loading limited quantities of mains, is there an inflight priority as to which pax are offered their first choice of main? By row? by status?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by SFO777
Tempting fate once again and flying BA First to JNB in a few weeks... BA57 and BA54.
Reading upthread about BA only loading limited quantities of mains, is there an inflight priority as to which pax are offered their first choice of main? By row? by status?

Hi,

I think they may take the order by row and if necessary sort it out by status in the galley ( although on one filight pre covid the order taking seemed to be more random). I have to date always received my first choice.

Regards

TBS
SFO777 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Orders are prioritised by status, but as everything with BA it’s hit an miss, if you are not offered your first choice I would have no hesitation it reminding them of this.
The _Banking_Scot and SFO777 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I'm heading off to SCL in March in F which I think is BA's longest route. Do these extra long routes get extra food loaded and do you get more than one main meal + a light meal for the 13-14 hour flight ?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

you will be able to order a light meal during the flight so j don't think you will go hungry.you can dine in the ccr and then dine on demand on board.
I ve done a tokyo lhr flight at 13hrs daytime and with dining in the ounge before hand then lunch on board then napping and a cheese plate mid flight then the light meal prior to landing and did not go hungry

Regards
tbs
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

you will be able to order a light meal during the flight so j don't think you will go hungry.you can dine in the ccr and then dine on demand on board.
I ve done a tokyo lhr flight at 13hrs daytime and with dining in the ounge before hand then lunch on board then napping and a cheese plate mid flight then the light meal prior to landing and did not go hungry

Regards
tbs
My last F menu, under "enjoy a lite bite at any time during your flight" was Popcorn, Tyrrells hand cooked crisps, or seasonal fruit
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
My last F menu, under "enjoy a lite bite at any time during your flight" was Popcorn, Tyrrells hand cooked crisps, or seasonal fruit

hi

OK I admit that does not sound good
Hopefully there is an option for a lighter meal mid flight being reintroduced. ( the addional cost is likely to be minor and it is good to have an option even uf you are not oing to have it on the long overnight flights.

Regards

Tbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.