Long haul in-flight catering | First

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 28, 22, 2:45 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Genius1
Wiki Link
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 15, 22, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Thank you, I would be up for that but sadly they can no longer afford me. 😩 😂
Old Jan 19, 22, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, MUCCI, Fans of MO, Marriott
Originally Posted by AnaTravel View Post
British Airways desperately need an empowered 'Standards Tsar' on the management board. Leadership teams demonstrating a passion for excellence and delivering company promises could turn this current mess around. BA must know how bad things are but cynically exploit Covid circumstances to cheat customers and save money. I nominate 'Can I Help You' and other excellent (present and former) BA employees on the Flyer Talk forum. Passengers can help by stepping up. Point out failures in standards and attention to detail. Complaining is essential if things are to change,
I nominate the gorgeous Pucci
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jan 19, 22, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grande Annee View Post
I nominate the gorgeous Pucci
Gorgeous. 😂🤣😂🤣😂
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Jan 19, 22, 3:10 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground View Post
The Lemon Tart

the menu mentioned Raspberry sorbet with it? Did you not get any or not want it?
Old Jan 20, 22, 1:07 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by SpurMan View Post
Potatoes and carrots with curry?. Only if they're bombay potatoes thanks. Interesting interpretation of Tikka masala. hope that chapati was hot...
I've got to have that on my next F flight, as I don't eat roast pork, and no way am I having a cauliflower main!
BA seem to be notorious for under catering so to avoid disappointment make sure you mention this early otherwise you'll be stuck with Cauliflower.

In all seriousness, has anyone yet come up with a credible reason why BA stopped/withdrew/enhanced the ability to pre-book meals ex LHR? So far BA have, more than anyone else, hidden behind a whole gamut of excuses for reductions in service - 'because of Covid', health and safety, shortage of staff, lack of supplies, badly designed galleys, etc etc - but of course the main driver, as ever, is the unspoken reason of pure cost cutting. Surely, enabling passengers to choose their mains in advance would assist here with cost cutting (not having to ship excess meals), with the added bonus of cutting waste - hitting those green credentials - so what's not to like? This is especially necessary now that the lack of choice often narrows things down to one desirable option - certainly from the recent menus that I have seen.

Any thoughts welcome.
Old Jan 20, 22, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel View Post
BA seem to be notorious for under catering so to avoid disappointment make sure you mention this early otherwise you'll be stuck with Cauliflower.

In all seriousness, has anyone yet come up with a credible reason why BA stopped/withdrew/enhanced the ability to pre-book meals ex LHR? So far BA have, more than anyone else, hidden behind a whole gamut of excuses for reductions in service - 'because of Covid', health and safety, shortage of staff, lack of supplies, badly designed galleys, etc etc - but of course the main driver, as ever, is the unspoken reason of pure cost cutting. Surely, enabling passengers to choose their mains in advance would assist here with cost cutting (not having to ship excess meals), with the added bonus of cutting waste - hitting those green credentials - so what's not to like? This is especially necessary now that the lack of choice often narrows things down to one desirable option - certainly from the recent menus that I have seen.

Any thoughts welcome.
I will mention it as soon as I am on board!.

I don't see the logic in not having pre-order back on BA. As you say it would certainly save on wasted meals. AA have reintroduced the pre-order and their menu seems better. I already have my meal ordered for the return (as I am on AA due to BA cancelling the 116)...
Old Jan 20, 22, 4:02 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel View Post
Surely, enabling passengers to choose their mains in advance would assist here with cost cutting (not having to ship excess meals), with the added bonus of cutting waste - hitting those green credentials - so what's not to like?

Any thoughts welcome.
Any cost saving from reduced wastage needs to be evaluated against the cost of having the complexity of providing the service. They're simplifying as much as they can as you quote rightly say to cut costs. While they continue to be operating around 50% of the programme I can kind of see why.
Old Jan 20, 22, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
Gorgeous. 😂🤣😂🤣😂
and the equally gorgeous CIHY
Old Jan 20, 22, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grande Annee View Post
and the equally gorgeous CIHY
Exactly but why have an old bag when you can have a young buck?
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Jan 20, 22, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
This year will be your 20th as a Flyertalker - assume you were very IT literate at 5 then?
sl1ppy likes this.
Old Jan 20, 22, 3:22 pm

Old Jan 20, 22, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your idea of a young buck and mine may differ? 🤪
Old Jan 20, 22, 6:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BravoKilo View Post
Just been sent the same menu and wines for my LHR-ATL later this month except no beef pasty or salad.
How do you get the menu in advance? I am in F in less than 48 hours but have no idea what I am getting. I have not been F since just before the pandemic in 2020 so have no idea what to expect.
Old Jan 20, 22, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Surprisingly catering in F for flights originating in the USA is much better these days than flights originating from the UK.
VSLover and zen100 like this.
Old Jan 20, 22, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground View Post
This is the prawn starter!

That prawn starter presented in F on flights ex-UK must be removed ASAP as it is a big shame for BA to introduce such a starter in its First cabin.
dodgeflyer likes this.

Search this Thread