Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Old Sep 4, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Muckus
I'd be grateful if someone could upload a photo of the drinks menu for September. I'm eager to see if cognac is back! Thanks!
On JFK-LHR this month, it was the same as this one posted a few weeks ago.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34535013-post1338.html
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I'd be grateful if someone could upload a photo of the drinks menu for September. I'm eager to see if cognac is back! Thanks!

Gatwick - Cancun 2Sep22
Old Sep 4, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Thanks, Dicksbits. So annoying! Still three gins and no brandy. Grrr...
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Last nights BA122 DOH-LHR

Schnitzel was appalling (rock hard / snapped!), salad had no dressing.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Last nights BA122 DOH-LHR

Schnitzel was appalling (rock hard / snapped!), salad had no dressing.
Schnitzel in a ciabatta bread? Really? Not to mention that once again the forgot the U.K. flag next to the description
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Two legs of this trip were on QR - can I post the photos here too ?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Two legs of this trip were on QR - can I post the photos here too ?
The Qatar Airways forum would be the place for that: QR J Menus 2022
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Unless someone posts it before, I'll report on the current contents of KSML in a couple of weeks as the current regular menu is not very inspiring.

Apart from anything else, I'm rather puzzled that on longer flights with two meals, the current offer of main ingredient can be lamb, chicken or pasta for the main meal and chicken or pasta (again!) for the second light meal. Surely, it wouldn't take Einstein to realise that with two meals it would be nicer to diversify main ingredients a little, maybe offering fish on at least one of the two meals?
camdentown likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:51 am

Flew on BA143 LHR-Delhi on Saturday, CW cabin was very quiet, crew were fab, did not hide away and offered service for the full flight and when I was the only one awake in the cabin they said to press the call button or head to the galley, whichever I preferred
Was the super green wasabi salad ‘starter’ which I found tasty enough and mopped up the sauce with the warmed tri-bread
Chicken tikka masala with rice, saag aloo and paratha main which was tasty enough without being anything special - other option were lamb shank and veggie pasta
Tiramisu wasn’t really tiramisu but I like chocolate, coffee and trifle so no complaints
cheese was dull - cheddar and Red Leicester but filled a hole!
Not inspiring and all on one tray but the drinks flowed and I didn’t land hungry
The second meal of ham and cheese panini or avocado on rye was very uninspired, coffee and walnut cake was good though

I had hoped we might get back to ‘normal’ for our return on 1st October but appears not

So whilst not as good as pre covid, I don’t have too many complaints, it just doesn’t feel very premium, though the Italian white was very drinkable

No photos yet as I need to work out how to do them but planning a trip report on our India, Himalayas and Maldives trip so will add to that when home

I’m assuming the BA offering will beat Indigo on tomorrows flight to Leh
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-SIN
April 2022
Dinner and Light Meal

For menus and impressions, see my latest report: Singapore via First and Club on the World’s Favourite Airline
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:52 am

Thanks, Dicksbits. So annoying! Still three gins and no brandy. Grrr...
I actually fed that back to them in the survey that was emailed to me, asking for my thoughts on the outbound flight.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Apart from anything else, I'm rather puzzled that on longer flights with two meals, the current offer of main ingredient can be lamb, chicken or pasta for the main meal and chicken or pasta (again!) for the second light meal. maybe offer fish on at least one of the two meals?
I was asked in a survey emailed to me about the flight I was on a few days ago, and I made that point: More variety please: fish. (However on our flight the non-meat main course was risotto, not pasta).

there was nothing wrong with the taste of the meals, although I would add that if you’re a veggie or a part-time pescatarian, both pasta meals contained Parmesan. I know sometimes people don’t order a VLML so they can have a ‘choice’ etc.

The menu probably reflects cost controls: I have enjoyed more exciting veggie options in the past.

Maybe feedback from crew and pax is that fish isn’t particularly desired?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Maybe feedback from crew and pax is that fish isn’t particularly desired?
On the F catering thread, there was a recent thread mentioning that the fish dish (the turbot, which I tried before!) was the most popular, and it's certainly been my experience on many of my flights both in BA F (which always has a fish option) and on many other airlines, if only because many people like to eat lighter food on planes.

Now of course, BA J might have a fundamentally different clientele from BA F, AF J, QR J, etc (I don't include JL J as the Japanese focus on fish is indeed a bit different) but somehow I doubt it, so my guess is that the fish dishes can actually be quite popular but may just be a bit more expensive to produce unless you go for cheaper fish. But then again, I'd bet almost anything that for instance a decent fish pie (which is not an expensive dish to make) would be very popular.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Pre-pandemic the long-haul menus in C had two meat entrees, one fish entree, and a vegetarian entree (usually pasta of sone sort). I wish they'd return to that as a standard.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Genius1
LHR-SIN
April 2022
Dinner and Light Meal

For menus and impressions, see my latest report: Singapore via First and Club on the World’s Favourite Airline
Chicken and gnocchi in tomato sauce, how was that? Strikes me as a trifle bland and its not like BA grates a load of aged Parmesan over it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.