Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by skydelt
An update from my flight, both sides of FAs bounced around the cabins in (what I assume is) order of status and then went front to back with the rest
Sometimes the over-zealous or adventurous ones do that indeed, but that's not how they are supposed to do it. The protocol is pretty clear: take all orders (front to back), then reconcile in the galley based on a fairly specific pecking order and on what is available, and if necessary, return to the customers whose first choice cannot be delivered.
alex67500 and KARFA like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by StuMcGrew

BA175 LHR - JFK today, however still sat on the tarmac with a computer issue!
Hang on, sarnies and scones are back in club?? Is this some bean-counter who got it wrong or have they genuinely recognised that serving a soggy chicken and tomato quarter toastie (with no dressing!) plus that dreadful cake (which I see remains) is not a second meal?

Have done the 2.35, 4.15, 6.05 departures to JFK all year (except Aug) and it was the same old drab. Apart from once when it was a half-decent scotch egg (and nothing else though).

I do love the therapy gained from ranting on this thread.
tmac100 and LancashireFlyer like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
Is there a cheap deal going on coffee? Coffee cake for afternoon tea and tiramisu for dessert. Not much choice for a sweet treat if you don’t like coffee.

Tiramisu is also no longer best of British cuisine…
As someone else posted previously, when was it ever British!
the only dish I think is worthy of praise that is British is the lamb shank with roasties or mash. It really is fantastic, especially when they get the timing right in the oven. I seem to only see it on the LHR-catered flights.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Hang on, sarnies and scones are back in club?? Is this some bean-counter who got it wrong or have they genuinely recognised that serving a soggy chicken and tomato quarter toastie (with no dressing!) plus that dreadful cake (which I see remains) is not a second meal?

Have done the 2.35, 4.15, 6.05 departures to JFK all year (except Aug) and it was the same old drab. Apart from once when it was a half-decent scotch egg (and nothing else though).

I do love the therapy gained from ranting on this thread.
2 slithers of a sandwich but the warm scone with jam and clotted cream was very much appreciated, especially with a 5.5hrs delay
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:47 am

Well travelling as a 4 with one child we managed to get one of each main and kids Swedish meatballs…which I ended up having to trade my curry with my 7 year old as she liked the look of it better! So food wise, the meatballs were like an IKEA special but everyone seemed to enjoy the rest of the mains. I was the only one that had afternoon tea and went for the veggie option as I am not a fan of prawns.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 6:29 am

I love the smiley face on the children's' dessert
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I love the smiley face on the children's' dessert
Is it just me or are others constantly tempted to order the child's meal and the sole deterrent is the harsh judgment of the rest of the cabin
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
As someone who doesn’t frequent CW too often but if often the beneficiary of upgrades from PE on busy TATL routes, I wasn’t surprised when I saw this thread at the top of the Flyertalk pile after my flight yesterday.

London to EWR. Free upgrade to CW received a few days out.

One thing BA usually always nails is a curry imo, down the years that’s usually a safe bet, they can be nicely spiced too.

Selected Chicken Tikka as per menus above. Downright awful. About 3 chunks of over cooked chicken, no sauce, 80% rice, served with potatoes and bread. Carb overload. Starter a few leaves in avocado sauce. I could actually scarcely believe how underpar it was for a business class long haul product.

Service friendly but took 2.5hrs from takeoff to serve food.

Kept thinking if I’d paid for this at the fares they were asking, I’d feel completely ripped off. Not a premium experience at all.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Just did LHR-BOS, same lamb/tikka/mezzaluna menu as seen throughout the thread. I really liked the wasabi "salad," although it was hard to call it a salad. It's also a weird choice to have such a divisive taste and flavor for an appetizer where there's only one option.

Lamb was fine but brutally overcooked, the pre-landing sandwiches were absolutely garbage - go for the ham and cheese toasties instead of the ricotta, but even then, EasyJet does a better one.

Club Kitchen was just crisps, wine, and maybe M&S sandwiches (there was an M&S bag in the fridge, I didn't look in it).
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Off to Toronto later in the week, is it still single tray service in club? Would I be better having a meal in CCR and forgetting about onboard? It always leaves me bloated anyway.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by IThink
Off to Toronto later in the week, is it still single tray service in club? Would I be better having a meal in CCR and forgetting about onboard? It always leaves me bloated anyway.
spoiler: answer just a couple of posts above yours if you look at any of the photos…
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by IThink
Yes and yes, although IMO the quality of the catering in the CCR is mediocre at best, as it is onboard.

Pre-pandemic catering in Club World is back with the winter schedule at the end of October.
IThink likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
StuMcGrew what was the route of your trip? I left my son as a standard meal choice as I didn't know what a kids CW meal would be. Looking at that I'd put him down for a child's meal! Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
StuMcGrew what was the route of your trip? I left my son as a standard meal choice as I didn't know what a kids CW meal would be. Looking at that I'd put him down for a child's meal! Thanks.
It was BA175 London Heathrow to JFK.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
We got that same Swedish meatballs kids meal on LHR DEN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.