Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Mits10
Menu for tonight’s BA172 20.55 departure from
JFK to LHR…

as always I won’t eat dinner, and will prob eat breakfast in the arrivals lounge.

I could not eat either of those breakfasts. I can't stand egg (neither can my body) and it looks like it would be hard to scrape it off either of those dishes. I remember flying Qatar when I was feeling a bit queasy, and I was able to order as many bowls of cornflakes as I wanted. Sometimes you need something simple. The sight of either of those two dishes would make me want to vomit, even on a good day.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by sb1982
I’ve travelled in Club World in the last year and never needed to take extra food on board - even through there was a one-tray service, the nuts, meal and 2nd meal/breakfast seemed enough for me.

Worth considering you can eat in the lounge before the flight too, but I believe the Club Kitchen is also back from this month? So there should be extra snacks onboard. Can’t comment on economy.
They're surely not still serving nuts?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ttama
They're surely not still serving nuts?
They serve nuts with the drinks service after take off, did pre-pandemic (in a bowl) and more recently in a packet. Nice nuts, Belazu brand.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
You may not be aware yet but an intern is in charge of catering at BA the same one who decided on half portioned sandwiches for WT/WTP
The crew looked embarrassed handing out the sad brown paper bag with half a sandwich and half a Kit Kat in it, on our WT+ outbound to JFK in May. No lemon for the G&T either. Shock horror. But in CW on the inbound we were quite impressed with the food - a night flight it was all served on one tray and was speedy and suitably stodgy 😝
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:56 am

JFK to LHR…

as always I won’t eat dinner, and will prob eat breakfast in the arrivals lounge.

I am sure a menu posted above suggested the outbound was Lamb Shank too! That breakfast sounds dire
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:14 am

JFK to LHR…

was on the same flight. Did nor eat as well. Those late night flights must have loads of meals thrown away. Breakfast disgusting

off topic : crew quite good (better then in F on the inbound). Cabin much to hot and club suites is an awful seat If you’re tall

Last edited by jeroen100; Aug 9, 2022 at 11:52 am
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
On the topic of thrown away meals and with sustainability being increasingly an area of focus, I am intrigued as to why BA don't allow an option of meal choice at online check-in. This seems logical given the volume of people who check-in online these days and in-doing so avoids the dreaded 'we've now only got 1 choice available' which seems to happen on most flights now.

I have utilised this feature in F in years gone by but wonder now why they don't have this in all cabins let alone in J/F.

There must be logical reasons (presumably ££ saving) as to why this isn't offered but seeing as it is relatively straight forward to order a 'special' meal prior to departure, this could surely be a fairly easy way for BA to try and improve their experience whilst reducing waste at the same time. Anyone have any insights here?
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I have never eaten ants. (Not that I know of, anyway). Does the fact that the ant is cross make it taste better?

(Hat, coat.....)
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A plea to please not quote photos in this thread (per the wiki); duplication makes it very confusing when trying to find particular menus or meals.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Has any of our well informed sources (you know who you are!) been able to spy on the September menus? Trying to decide whether to stick to the regular menu or order ksml at least on he outbound… thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:57 am

From yesterday’s PHX to LHR. Sorry I don’t know how to rotate the photos.
Attached Images   
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lemonpie
From yesterday’s PHX to LHR. Sorry I don’t know how to rotate the photos.
Well that all looks pretty good, tbf. Did the reality match the description ?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:37 pm

Do flights to Delhi still have an Indian curry type option? Flying on 3rd Sep
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes, one meat and one vegetarian.
orbitmic and mcmichael like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by bafan
Well that all looks pretty good, tbf. Did the reality match the description ?
I had the chicken and the omelette. Both were pretty good. I also saw crisps, wine and what looked like a cheese roll in the Club Kitchen.
bafan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.