Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by greg5
Is Cognac still missing from CW?
Its made a return!
greg5 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by TheMan123
Its made a return!
Fantastic! What kind?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hmmmm still no bourbon though. 3 Gins on my flight from PHX to LHR yesterday but no bourbon. At least it was Club Suite and everything worked.

And, just like the outbound to Seattle, the whole menu seemed to be either containing mushrooms or in a mushroom sauce. I'm surprised it wasn't in the desserts as well. I don't mind this but one of the family really doesn't like mushrooms so for her it was eat mushrooms or go hungry. Fortunately she decided not to go hungry. But did BA hedge on mushrooms some time ago and are now getting them at a great price or something??
DelTroon likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
Travelling to Mauritius next month. I know it will be dinner and breakfast but what can I expect. Do I need something in my hand luggage. Have a friend in economy do I need to give her similar advice?

many thanks
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by martin102
Travelling to Mauritius next month. I know it will be dinner and breakfast but what can I expect. Do I need something in my hand luggage. Have a friend in economy do I need to give her similar advice?

many thanks
I too am interested in the reply as we are off at the beginning of October. Have a lovely time!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by martin102

many thanks
I’ve travelled in Club World in the last year and never needed to take extra food on board - even through there was a one-tray service, the nuts, meal and 2nd meal/breakfast seemed enough for me.

Worth considering you can eat in the lounge before the flight too, but I believe the Club Kitchen is also back from this month? So there should be extra snacks onboard. Can’t comment on economy.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
Originally Posted by marshy11
I too am interested in the reply as we are off at the beginning of October. Have a lovely time!
Will do and hope you do too!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Good Evening all

We're off the IAD at the end of the month returning at the beginning of September - out in CW and back in CS.

I can see that CW/CS has ended up as BA's ugly step-child as far as in-flight catering is concerned - good to see that F and WTP have had their post covid tweaks, whereas good 'ol CW (have you seen the fares recently?) lingers on in post apocalypse gloom. Nothing much appears to have changed since the dreadful culinary experience we had in March, still no pre-booking and the mediocre food all on one tray. All pretty much the same as you'd get on a 2 or 3 hour Eurojaunt but with flat beds. Happy to buy in to the one-tray C-19 necessity (nice little Willie Walsh/Alex Cruz legacy there) but is it really necessary to serve such dross?

Before I change my religion - does anyone have the current bill of fare for August to the East Coast?

And does anyone have any insight into what Kosher meals on longhaul BA look like?

Have they beefed up the Club Kitchen beyond bags of crisps (chips)?

We are on BA 293 outbound (5pm) and BA 216 inbound (worth eating in town before the off or is there decent lounge food at IAD?).

Yeah, I know - First World problems and all that, but having paid through the nose here......
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold; BAEC Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Plat
Menu for tonight’s BA172 20.55 departure from
JFK to LHR…

as always I won’t eat dinner, and will prob eat breakfast in the arrivals lounge.

Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Mits10
Menu for tonight’s BA172 20.55 departure from
JFK to LHR…

as always I won’t eat dinner, and will prob eat breakfast in the arrivals lounge.

They spelled croissant wrong…. Also what’s the second breakfast option? Just some random stuff put together?
Sealink, orbitmic and marshy11 like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by ermis177
They spelled croissant wrong…. Also what’s the second breakfast option? Just some random stuff put together?
Leftovers/remnants of the missing other half of the cold sandwich served in WT/WTP

Also the cheese “board” is more like a cheese “bowl”
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
Leftovers/remnants of the missing other half of the cold sandwich served in WT/WTP

Also the cheese “board” is more like a cheese “bowl”
The breakfast really is quite disgusting, I've had it a few times. Definitely not worth waking up for, even though a marching band would make less noise than the breakfast service on most night flights.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by JessicaB
The breakfast really is quite disgusting, I've had it a few times. Definitely not worth waking up for, even though a marching band would make less noise than the breakfast service on most night flights.
You may not be aware yet but an intern is in charge of catering at BA the same one who decided on half portioned sandwiches for WT/WTP, the same one who can’t be bothered to spellcheck menus before printing and would rather spend days finding creative words to over-describe what is no more than a sad one tray meal
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB
I thought the CE breakfast out of LHR was actually ok, bar being a bit small. If cooked correctly, it's reasonably tasty.

I do agree on the CW portion size. I just do not get it. I've said before a 10 hour CW flight receives almost the same one-tray meal as a 2.5 hour CE flight.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I am feeling rather disappointed that CW haven’t improved much and I recently saw video of Virgin Upper Class and their dinner looks so lovely and no one try nonsense
choosethedrew likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.