Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 25, 22, 4:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...t-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 31, 22, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
For me, it's the sweet wafting of baked pastries that stirs me awake!
Coming back from YYZ the pastries had been replaced with a cereal bar 😫😭.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 31, 22, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I suspect there may be a tongue as well as a cheek involved here but a farmer writes: beef cheeks are ideal for what BA are doing with them, since it's the most worked flesh area of cattle, so you're not going to get a tough piece of meat no matter what happens to the cooking. But it's also a relatively niche part of cattle, the market is for more traditional cuts - sirloin, T bone, rump. Cheeks don't make good beef mince and it's not an expensive cut. So using them in particular dishes for human food (rather than say pet food) is a sustainable idea in terms of making full use of cattle.
I don't do tongue in any sort of cheek apart from my significant other's.
orbitmic and Schwann like this.
Old Jul 31, 22, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by tmac100 View Post
This looks almost identical to my BA99 flight (LHR-YYZ) on July 25th. The beef cheeks were excellent on that flight, as was the salad, etc. Alas, my 74 y.o. body is not "enjoying" a pre-meal tipple as it did in years gone by (pre-covid), but 2 Camomile teas with a slice of lemon sets me right again.
I'm in my 40s and feel the same. I barely drink these days, so a welcome drink and couple of small G&Ts on the plane and I can feel it for sure.
Old Aug 1, 22, 11:25 am

Flying in CW to Orlando on Thursday. Have requested child meals for our 8 and 6-year old. Any ideas what we can expect?
Old Aug 1, 22, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by JonnyA View Post
Flying in CW to Orlando on Thursday. Have requested child meals for our 8 and 6-year old. Any ideas what we can expect?
In our experience childrens meals (because theyre classed as special) are not cabin specific so they get the same in CW as in Economy - just plated differently. This will generally be things like tomato & cheese pasta or chicken nuggets & mash. Our daughters (3 & 7) usually prefer to have the normal catering instead so theres a chance of steak.
Old Aug 1, 22, 11:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jp-mco View Post
In our experience childrens meals (because theyre classed as special) are not cabin specific so they get the same in CW as in Economy - just plated differently. This will generally be things like tomato & cheese pasta or chicken nuggets & mash. Our daughters (3 & 7) usually prefer to have the normal catering instead so theres a chance of steak.
In October to IAD, my son ordered the child meal and just got one of the entrees (I cant remember which) with a tomato and mozzarella salad starter with pesto, the same moose, and the same cheese!

Last week to IAD, my son (same one) got tomato sauce with dry chicken breast on top (not one of the adult entrees) with the exact same salad as above (which was better than the single bit cauliflower but admittedly not child friendly), with the same moose and the same cheese. The mouse however had a smiley face rather than the Do and Co chip.

Pre-pandemic the options tended to be better designed for children. Now, I don't see the point.
Old Aug 1, 22, 12:16 pm

Im currently onboard BA227 to ATL and we didnt bother to order childrens meals. So far my daughters are happy with the lamb shank from the regular menu although Im told its not as good as grandmas. I cant see them getting on with the tiramisu dessert however.
Old Aug 1, 22, 1:06 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Speedbird676 View Post
These cheeks have been in the freezer the last two years waiting for all the short ribs to be used.
they got it on bulk discount from Lidl alongside the famous chicken piesam so sick of seeing the same pie over and over again both in CW and WTP ex-LHR, its been more than a year nowridiculous
andymcdonnell likes this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 4:40 pm

My friend just got back from Orlando with his little one and ordered a kids meal. Outbound it was literally the Chicken and Leek Pie with a chocolate smilie face on top of the dessert
Old Aug 1, 22, 5:01 pm

Thanks for the thoughts. So, should I cancel the child meals and go with the adult option? Assume theres no way to see the current menus running?
Old Aug 1, 22, 5:05 pm

Thanks for the thoughts. So, should I cancel the child meals and go with the adult option? Assume theres no way to see the current menus running?
The outbound menu was the same quoted on here with the beef cheeks and the pie. Not sure if its changed today. The kids meal on the way back from Orlando was more the usual breaded chicken, some veg and pasta affair.
Im having the same dilemma about ordering a kids meal for a few weeks time to NYC
Old Aug 1, 22, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Stopwatch430 View Post
In October to IAD, my son ordered the child meal and just got one of the entrees (I cant remember which) with a tomato and mozzarella salad starter with pesto, the same moose, and the same cheese!

Last week to IAD, my son (same one) got tomato sauce with dry chicken breast on top (not one of the adult entrees) with the exact same salad as above (which was better than the single bit cauliflower but admittedly not child friendly), with the same moose and the same cheese. The mouse however had a smiley face rather than the Do and Co chip.

Pre-pandemic the options tended to be better designed for children. Now, I don't see the point.
Moose cheeks will at least make a change from beef cheeks. 😀
Old Aug 2, 22, 8:46 am

This was the breakfast that was served on BA98 YYZ-LHR last month.

I wasn't going to bother, but I awoke earlier than expected and couldn't get back to sleep.

I'll try and dig out the full menu and post it later.
Most of the cabin appeared to partake in dinner on a sub 6 hour 10pm departure (please bring back the sleeper services BA!), lights on full and lots of noise made sleep almost impossible for the first 90 mins.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 2, 22, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
What is that?? A long burger or a bacon roll? and if either, where are the sachets of ketchup/mustard to reinforce the Dining at McDonalds sensation?
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
What is that?? A long burger or a bacon roll? and if either, where are the sachets of ketchup/mustard to reinforce the Dining at McDonalds sensation?
Canadian bacon and sliced tomato. No sauce sachets in sight (or offered).
T8191 likes this.

Search this Thread