Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Old Jul 30, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
That menu looks awful ! About pre-ordering, is there any news that it might restart in early October when we fly BA?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
That menu looks awful ! About pre-ordering, is there any news that it might restart in early October when we fly BA?

hi

No news as yet iirc. Sorry

Regards

Tbs
Old Jul 30, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
i think the other thread suggested end of October?
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
Menu and beef cheeks from BA213 on the 24th July.

tmac100 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20
I don't even think they have bothered with the catalogue and the BA Catering Team have done a visit to Do&Co during the staff dinner hour and stumbled into the canteen, seen the offerings and said "We'll take the lot".

i feel that is what happened too! I think I have started to loose my COVID weight by flying recently.
Vaclav likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by andrewr1985

This actually looks pretty enticing!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by chriswiles
I can never sleep through breakfast service - too noisy and light for one.
For me, it's the sweet wafting of baked pastries that stirs me awake!
DragonSoul likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
We are flying to Orlando on 3rd Sept and are we able to see the menu beforehand to help us to decide if we need to pick up F&M afternoon tea or not.

If so, how can we check this?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Deaf78
We are flying to Orlando on 3rd Sept and are we able to see the menu beforehand to help us to decide if we need to pick up F&M afternoon tea or not.

If so, how can we check this?
you can’t see a menu beforehand, but others will be posting menus and photos on here over the next month so you should get an idea what will be served.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
you can’t see a menu beforehand, but others will be posting menus and photos on here over the next month so you should get an idea what will be served.
Thanks, do they rotate monthly? If so when does this take place? The first day of the month?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by andrewr1985

This looks almost identical to my BA99 flight (LHR-YYZ) on July 25th. The beef cheeks were excellent on that flight, as was the salad, etc. Alas, my 74 y.o. body is not "enjoying" a pre-meal tipple as it did in years gone by (pre-covid), but 2 Camomile teas with a slice of lemon sets me right again.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Deaf78
Thanks, do they rotate monthly? If so when does this take place? The first day of the month?
The menu that someone posted above for BA213 has been around for a while so it might well be that one.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
The mind boggles at the thought of the number of cows being slaughtered to sustain BA's relentless requirement for beef cheeks.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by Postdoc
The mind boggles at the thought of the number of cows being slaughtered to sustain BA's relentless requirement for beef cheeks.
These cheeks have been in the freezer the last two years waiting for all the short ribs to be used.
Vaclav, greg5, camdentown and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Postdoc
I suspect there may be a tongue as well as a cheek involved here but a farmer writes: beef cheeks are ideal for what BA are doing with them, since it's the most worked flesh area of cattle, so you're not going to get a tough piece of meat no matter what happens to the cooking. But it's also a relatively niche part of cattle, the market is for more traditional cuts - sirloin, T bone, rump. Cheeks don't make good beef mince and it's not an expensive cut. So using them in particular dishes for human food (rather than say pet food) is a sustainable idea in terms of making full use of cattle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.