Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Was on BA 191 from LHR to AUS on 2 June, can report that my lunch of the beef cheeks and pre-arrival meal of the prawn curry looked pretty much exactly the same as the previous posters. Was very nice but as previously reported, it didn't feel very premium. Club kitchen was reduced to one bottle of red, one bottle of white, still and sparkling water, some juices, a few cans of soda and shortbread.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:30 am

Flying LGW-MCO on 8 August in CW
with my 8 year old grandson. Would appreciate a photo of the current adult menu as well as any photos of child menu/food on that route to help me decide whether or not to order him a child's meal. Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:20 pm

No offence taken

Originally Posted by SamYeager
I suspect the menus for August may not yet be finalised. In any case, my personal view is that "fussy eaters" in CW should bring their own fodder or else be prepared to not eat. Apologies if that offends.
I've already told them to bring food with them or to eat before we board. They drive me nuts with all of their foibles regarding food 😵‍💫
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Flying Club for the first time post pandemic at the start of next month, and I was just wondering if we know if menu rotation is monthly? Or less frequent?

Just curious as to what I might get, that's all.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Does anyone know the current CW menu for BA48 SEA to LHR?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Just off BA 280 (LAX-LHR, 20 June), CS-equipped 77W. Dinner was a choice of Fillet of Berkshire Pork (oddly w/o the little British flag next to it?), Indian Butter Chicken or Fresh Mezze Rigatoni. Went with the pork, was alright, sauce very nice, pork a bit dry. Accompanying cheese was nice as was the banana chocolate mousse. Had the pinot noir with it, was ok. For breakfast I went with the full English, was a shame there wasn't any fruit served as well other than the orange juice which was a pitiful serve and the green apple bircher muesli. Crew were friendly enough though a bit absent.

BA 280 menu

Dinner: Berkshire pork fillet with pinot noir

Breakfast: Traditional British breakfast with tiny OJ
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Can someone please post AVML menu / pictures, in particular flights to/from Indian subcontinent?
As a vegetarian I am not sure if I should order AVML in my CW flight to India.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There will be Asian vegetarian choices on the menu so if you are happy to choose from the menu with a slight chance of not getting your first choice I would not order a special meal.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
There will probably be one vegetarian option....so if you are a strict vegetarian why wouldn't you order an AVML??
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by pc32435
BA 205 T3 LHR - MCO 31/05

Lamb shank was pretty decent, meat was fairly tender and came apart easily. Below is prebooked kids meal. Also wasn't to bad, tasted nice. Although It looks like I fell victim to the infamous missing butter. I'm not big fan of Tiramisu so I cannot comment. The other half said it was "nice"

The "light meal" was OK, nothing special. My other half said hers was awful and rock solid. Mine was moist.
​​​​​​

Hey! Where's half my butter gone...

That is the ricotta mezzaluna isn’t it? Not a kids meal at all. If they served my kids that after ordering a kids meal I would not be impressed
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:20 am

Just saw something interesting whilst checking in for my BA flight - well 1st portion is thru AA then the rest and return BA.

Anyway, an option for BLAND. Never saw that with BA before. (I have stomach issues and usually bring my own foods). Maybe the norm with AA - or maybe I've stopped paying attention.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Flying Club for the first time post pandemic at the start of next month, and I was just wondering if we know if menu rotation is monthly? Or less frequent?

Just curious as to what I might get, that's all.
definitely not monthly. We flew at the end of December then Mid May on the same route and the menu was exactly the same. Sadly uninspiring and served cafeteria style. Enjoy!!
S_W_S likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Skywards, Hilton Honors and lots of other under-utilised Hotel Schemes
Originally Posted by noob2022
Just saw something interesting whilst checking in for my BA flight - well 1st portion is thru AA then the rest and return BA.

Anyway, an option for BLAND. Never saw that with BA before. (I have stomach issues and usually bring my own foods). Maybe the norm with AA - or maybe I've stopped paying attention.
Best of: Going for an English - Bing video

the scampi is particularly bland.......
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:06 pm

ORD-LHR June 26th

ORD -LHR June 26th
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ryan Harder

ORD-LHR June 26th

ORD -LHR June 26th

Ive said something like this before but seriously, does it not for one second occur to whoever put that menu together ; hmmmm I wonder if it really is the case that everyone really wants to have cheddar for breakfast.

I know the second meal is currently a joke anyway but if youre going to offer a choice offer an actual choice for goodness sake.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.