Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
With the new Club Suites fitted there should be 5 crew including the IFM there are currently only 4.
Ah makes sense thank you.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by WryMartini
(Does anyone actually like cauliflower?)
No-one I know. But maybe it's a keto thing - ie a low-carb vegetable? I was on a keto diet for a while and it's amazing what disgusting recipes there are for cauliflower.

Mind you, I prefer cauliflower to brussels sprouts, which seem hugely popular in the USA these days. Maybe they weren't made to eat "at least three" with their Christmas dinner

Brassicas can smell pretty sulfurous both before and after digestion so I'm surprised they feature so heavily in airline meals.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ttama
Originally Posted by WryMartini
(Does anyone actually like cauliflower?)
No-one I know.
You know one now, at least as a disembodied presence on FT. I will happily eat a whole cauliflower, or a whole broccoli, or a pound of Brussels sprouts, for dinner (when suitably cooked, of course).
Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:24 pm

SFO to LHR, June 6, 2022

Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Any recent experiences of the meal service in CW on the morning flight from JFK?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by ttama
No-one I know. But maybe it's a keto thing - ie a low-carb vegetable? I was on a keto diet for a while and it's amazing what disgusting recipes there are for cauliflower.

Mind you, I prefer cauliflower to brussels sprouts, which seem hugely popular in the USA these days. Maybe they weren't made to eat "at least three" with their Christmas dinner

Brassicas can smell pretty sulfurous both before and after digestion so I'm surprised they feature so heavily in airline meals.
For those of us 'genetically blessed' with the bitter receptor TAS2R38, it can mean no choice.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by TangoOneSeven
Does anyone have any knowledge or recent experience as to what the "Vegan-Vegetarian" meal is from USA to LHR? Wife is travelling SFO to LHR in a week and wondered as she is Vegan and this is what she pre-ordered.
See if this thread is any help: The vegan / vegetarian food thread
TangoOneSeven likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dwugson
Any recent experiences of the meal service in CW on the morning flight from JFK?
Breakfast followed by a pre-landing light meal.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC

BA287 LHR- SFO 7 June 2022 - the tedious menu again ...
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Hydebear

Oh no. Looking at this just made me order Kosher meal for my LHR-YYZ flight this week. I usually find it too heavy (was served what looked like a whole lamb leg which was delicious but way too much).
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:15 pm

Menu

Menu

Menu

I had the pork wrapped in pork. The pork elements were actually rather tasty. The potatoes were al dente.

St Lucia to LGW last week
SW7London likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hydebear

I had this (main menu) last Thursday - LHR to JFK. I must say I did enjoy the starter and chicken pie. The cheese board was meh though

Sealink likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by abraxias
Is "Our Cellar Selection" shorthand for "whatever leftovers we can find that are getting worryingly close to turning to vinegar"?
that sort of implies it might have once been good wine.

im betting these are bulk wines not worth the expense of bottling to sell at retail,
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
I had this (main menu) last Thursday - LHR to JFK. I must say I did enjoy the starter and chicken pie. The cheese board was meh though

you’ve given me hope. I have the same menu, making the ground hold more depressing as I read the food reviews of the on board menu after experiencing really poor food at Galleries First (other than the salad, and somewhat passable smoked salmon sandwiches).
Sealink likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

it really should be called the cheese bowl.

I have found the main course tasty enough but the one tray service is meh

Regards

Tbs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.