Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I didn’t see burrata listed on the menu, have I missed it?
It never was which gave rise to a hot debate on the origins of what adorned the tomato.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold

PHX-LHR last night - had requested Kosher … third time in a row not loaded !
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
… PHX-LHR last night - had requested Kosher … third time in a row not loaded !
Think yourself lucky, it’s the Passover!

Still, I’d certainly raise a complaint, once can be forgiven, but three in a row?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, and others
Muslim meal loading

So I ordered a Muslim meal on my CW to west coast today, basically just to change up from the regular options and hoping for a spicy curry or Briyani or something.

Anyhoo, the CSD came to me and confirmed my special meal was loaded. Great.

However, later, When served the meal, the crew member mentioned that the Muslim meal today is just one of the normal options (the Lamb shank) and served the complete normal tray with the normal cheese, dessert, etc.

Is this normal? Just curious. Doesn’t really impact me either way but was surprising!
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by evacboy
So I ordered a Muslim meal on my CW to west coast today, basically just to change up from the regular options and hoping for a spicy curry or Briyani or something.

Anyhoo, the CSD came to me and confirmed my special meal was loaded. Great.

However, later, When served the meal, the crew member mentioned that the Muslim meal today is just one of the normal options (the Lamb shank) and served the complete normal tray with the normal cheese, dessert, etc.

Is this normal? Just curious. Doesn’t really impact me either way but was surprising!
Yes this is normal and in my experience has been the case for many years. A Muslim meal doesn’t have to be a curry, it just needs to meet certain criteria.

If you want a more spicy type of meal you need to order the Hindu or Asian Vegetarian meal options.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, and others
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Yes this is normal and in my experience has been the case for many years. A Muslim meal doesn’t have to be a curry, it just needs to meet certain criteria.

If you want a more spicy type of meal you need to order the Hindu or Asian Vegetarian meal options.
Make sense! At one point Hindu included non-beef meats so you could get a chicken curry or something, but I think as it was causing confusion for vegetarian Hindu pax, they swapped it to basically the same as Asian Veg. That leaves us who want a guaranteed meat-based curry without a choice!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
MCO-LGW last night. The beef was ok and apparently the veggie pasta was lovely. Mrs BF enjoys all of her CW meals and I’m wondering whether her lack of travel weariness plays a part?!

Ele73 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:16 am

Woe betide anyone with a dislike (or worse) for cheese on that flight!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Cspnvdl
Woe betide anyone with a dislike (or worse) for cheese on that flight!
That would be me then! I don't get BA's obsession with Cheese on everything leaving little choice.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Is there a confirmed date yet for the return to normal service (not having everything platted on one tray)?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JTXC
Is there a confirmed date yet for the return to normal service (not having everything platted on one tray)?
Sometime in November I believe.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JTXC
no firm date, but the suggestions were probably September/October.
Cw novice likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by hp12c
I got the fish pie this time. It was actually quite good. The cheese plate, however, is really weak. It’s like a lame AA domestic cheese selection. BA could certainly do better.
Also, the butter façade thing has to be intentional - every single butter dish is the same way. So funny.

And here was the pre-arrival avocado and ricotta on rye, which was not good.

They really need to get rid of that avocado and ricotta on rye - it’s anything but premium. So frustrating that it’s still being served.
citiflyerUK likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Gold.
Originally Posted by KARFA
no firm date, but the suggestions were probably September/October.
I only hope for for September as I have a LAX-LHR flight in October. Knowing my luck it will be Nov/Dec.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GfL, IHG Diamond, HH Diamond
Agree - why do we have to have cheese with everything! MrsBB changed to low lactose after a dreadful chick pea meal in CW on our trip to Inverness last July and got an excellent cheese and chocolate free chicken meal and dessert on our trip to IBZ earlier this week. More of the same for normal meals would be welcome..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.