Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 28, 22, 2:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Genius1
Wiki Link
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 12, 22, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer View Post
For comparison this was AA’s business class fruit bowl breakfast option on today’s AA104.

And AA have nailed it for an East Coast breakfast flight into LHR. I think the BA alternative (East Coast) is now possibly the worst Club World offering in the system. A mass market granola bar, thimble of yoghurt and a soggy congealed muffin that is lower quality than you'd find in 7-Eleven. Some may remember, pre the Club World catering improvements, complaints about the plastic box of fruit and box of Special K. Those look positively decadent compared to what's on offer now.
And I don't get it as the Club Europe meal I had after connecting in LHR gets a big thumbs up.
Old Apr 12, 22, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Flew MEX-LHR-CPT and back recently, so I'll be posting each leg in its seperate posts.

​​​BA243 MEX-LHR March 27th

Nothing special. Gin Zing and dessert were the highlight.

Carfield likes this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 6:34 pm

BA59 LHR-CPT March 28th

Lamb was delicious and the Gin Zing still hit the spot! Omellete seemed pretty healthy (low calorie). It was a bit bland so I had to add some salt.

Carfield likes this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 6:38 pm

BA58 CPT-LHR April 7th

Beef was fine and Omelette was cheesy (which I like). Didn't appreciate the floooded cheese. Gin Zing and self made Spanish Calimotxos helped me sleep a solid 7hrs! 😉

Carfield and Sealink like this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 6:44 pm

BA242 LHR-MEX April 8th.

​​​​​​Same dinner offering as LHR-CPT but with a pre arrival snack rather than brekkie. Again, lamb shank for the win! Pre arrival meal was good as well.

Bonus pic...delicious street tacos right before going to sleep and help us forget the sh!t show that was MEX immigration. Taco cart was near the Hyatt Regency. USD$1.75 each and they were pretty big... Yum!!!

Old Apr 13, 22, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Speaking as someone who likes pink beef, the last time I had the beef was HKG-LHR. I had just come out of hospital that day after surgery to repair a broken wrist. My OH had to saw though the beef to chop it up for me. Basically overcooked and requires plenty chewing! You’ll be fine with the beef!
Originally Posted by Eitrohs View Post
Slightly odd query, but we’re flying CW to SYD next month, and I’m currently pregnant - for those that have had any of the current beef offerings, are they cooked through or pink? Would like to pre-plan how many snacks I’ll need if the options I can eat are limited.
Old Apr 14, 22, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA
Here is from yesterday's LHR-IAD

I forgot to take pics of the actual food

The Lamb was probably one of the best meals I've had on a plane, or at least in a very long time !

Not sure how the tiramisu got a British flag ​​​​​​​

Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 16, 22, 12:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
LGW-MCO yesterday. The pork was actually ok and my partner said that the risotto was delicious. Afternoon tea is minuscule and we were both still hungry afterwards. The piece of cake really was tiny, barely one mouthful.

Old Apr 16, 22, 3:48 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
TLV-LHR April 16

Same menu as post 933. I got the chicken tikka masala which I though was just ok, my wife really enjoyed. My son got the lamb and was incredibly complimentary of it. He’s 7, so take with a grain of salt

here’s my plate - note the bread not in a basket. Everyone else has a basket. My tray also suffered from IBS (incomplete butter syndrome)
Old Apr 17, 22, 11:32 am

PHL>LHR

Breakfast was pretty sad and the beef was dry. I’ve had much better experiences with American.
Old Apr 17, 22, 12:50 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

BA189: LHR-EWR Apr 17

I got the fish pie this time. It was actually quite good. The cheese plate, however, is really weak. It’s like a lame AA domestic cheese selection. BA could certainly do better.
Also, the butter façade thing has to be intentional - every single butter dish is the same way. So funny.

And here was the pre-arrival avocado and ricotta on rye, which was not good.

Carfield and MaxFlyer like this.

Last edited by hp12c; Apr 17, 22 at 3:48 pm
Old Apr 17, 22, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
So my Kosher meal wasn’t loaded today! That’s 2/2 where it’s gone wrong…. So here’s my “best of British” Chicken Tikka

Flying back from PHX shortly, let’s see if my Kosher option happens…. Will update shortly !
Old Apr 18, 22, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by RichieMc View Post
Not going to start a brawl about it but I’m sure it’s burrata. When you cut open burrata it’s lumpy inside unlike more homogenous normal mozzarella. Coleslaw would have cabbage and carrots. This is all white and 100% dairy.
Originally Posted by hp12c View Post
And here was the pre-arrival avocado and ricotta on rye, which was not good.

The Burrata seems to have reverted back to coleslaw
Carfield likes this.

Last edited by choosethedrew; Apr 18, 22 at 5:08 am
Old Apr 18, 22, 6:17 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
indeed. And one bite was more than enough for me.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 22, 6:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
I didn’t see burrata listed on the menu, have I missed it?

Search this Thread