Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by subject2load
And a little disappointing to see (especially from a British airline) an absence of selection where tea is concerned. It’s just ‘Tea’.
C’mon BA …… you can do better than that …… surely … ??

My last menu from Oman Air (a non-British airline) listed a varied selection of seven interesting teas.
I don’t normally travel in Club but it appears BA also have a selection of seven teas, you’ll find a list of which teas are available in the drinks part of the menu:

Originally Posted by hp12c

Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danmushman
what is your subway recipe to survive 8-9 hours? I usually find after 30 minutes they're too soggy...
Definitely couldn't have been a meatball marinara. It would have congealed.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ Tobias-UK - good to see the teas 👍 I stand corrected.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Folks,

This thread is a hugely useful resource and we are so thankful to all who are sharing their experiences.

So that we can improve the signal to gain, can we refrain on commenting/captioning each photo as the photos generally speak for themselves. What would raise the bar here if questions and comments could focus on the quality of the ingredients, presentation, overall taste, offerings from the bar, recommended wine pairings, and timings of meal services.

The discussion relating to the provenance of Signature British Dishes as indicated on BA's menu cards has been moved into its own thread, linked below:

Provenance of BA's "Signature British Dishes"

Thanks for your assistance.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by danmushman
what is your subway recipe to survive 8-9 hours? I usually find after 30 minutes they're too soggy...
Foot long tuna in the lounge, and 6” ham & turkey for the flight. Skip tomato and the mayo/sauces and it isn’t too bad.

Or, put differently, it’s still a lot better than BA’s “breakfast”
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ba48 sea-lhr

First CW flight since the pandemic.
  • PDB’s offered promptly during boarding.
  • Drink and nuts after takeoff.
  • For dinner I had the beef short ribs with a glass of the sauv blanc.
    • Beef was surprisingly good. Moist and very tender.
    • Wine was crisp, lots of citrus.
    • Presentation - well as everyone is pointing out it was crammed onto a tray. Reminded me of LH economy but with better plating. Benefit is it all comes out in one go, including both deserts.
    • Lately I’ve felt the food from Seattle is better than LHR.

Overall the food was good. Actually it was better than the roast beef I had in First last Sept.

First CWS experience too. I felt almost claustrophobic. For sleeping foot coffin was not a good experience and I could only get comfortable on one side due to how the seat narrows.
Still nice to not have to climb over anyone.

For me there’s a significant difference in comfort between CWS and First.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend

We had that wine list. The wine section is terrible. One named wine. Then: any old sauv blanc, any old Chardonnay, and a tombola pick from some reds we have knocking around. Good with foods that, err, we aren’t serving you today. Topped off with the eye-widening claim of “Best Business class cellar Gold winner four years ago”. Who on earth thought that was acceptable copy?
JimEddie and choosethedrew like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Greg66
We had that wine list. The wine section is terrible. One named wine. Then: any old sauv blanc, any old Chardonnay, and a tombola pick from some reds we have knocking around. Good with foods that, err, we aren’t serving you today. Topped off with the eye-widening claim of “Best Business class cellar Gold winner four years ago”. Who on earth thought that was acceptable copy?
One upside of the pandemic is that the wines have far more ageing on them than BA ever intended
bafan likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:51 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
They better be coming up with something spectacular if the return to "normal" catering is now so much longer than the competition.

Pucci - I bet you never thought you would ever utter those words about being thankful for flying AA with the better catering option!
Sandra - I have learned one thing along life's highway is that those who do not give second chances are fools. American was excellent until US Airways got their hands on them. There is some woman who believes that three lettuce leaves and a sliced tomato is a meal fit for a premium cabin. Since British Airways seem intent on producing meals fit for a pensioner's lunch party at a Toby Carvery, then I would suspect that pretty much anyone can do better. Fish Pie and Slices of Pork are not my idea of a premium cabin meal.

Anyhow, we will see what happens - and I love Sundaes - they were one of the highlight of the flights down to the islands from LAX and DFW.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
First CW flight since the pandemic.
  • PDB’s offered promptly during boarding.
  • Drink and nuts after takeoff.
  • For dinner I had the beef short ribs with a glass of the sauv blanc.
    • Beef was surprisingly good. Moist and very tender.
    • Wine was crisp, lots of citrus.
    • Presentation - well as everyone is pointing out it was crammed onto a tray. Reminded me of LH economy but with better plating. Benefit is it all comes out in one go, including both deserts.
    • Lately I’ve felt the food from Seattle is better than LHR.

For me there’s a significant difference in comfort between CWS and First.
I was surprised a hot full breakfast wasn't offered on this much longer flight from West Coast to London. I understood offering a breakfast sandwich on flights from East Coast to London, but it looked a bit cheap not to offer a full hot breakfast on this Seattle to London flight, which is nine hours long.

Carfield
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:51 am

Slightly odd query, but we’re flying CW to SYD next month, and I’m currently pregnant - for those that have had any of the current beef offerings, are they cooked through or pink? Would like to pre-plan how many snacks I’ll need if the options I can eat are limited.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
BOS-LHR

Food and drink orders were taken on the ground. Service was quick. Salmon was OK. Disappointingly both of our seats were broken and we had to move after departure. My son's new seat had a dodgy door that took two cabin crew to force it into the locked position. If you'd like a movie recommendation, The Ice Road is worth watching. You're welcome.

Genius1 and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
For comparison this was AA’s business class fruit bowl breakfast option on today’s AA104.

Carfield, our_kid, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Eitrohs
Slightly odd query, but we’re flying CW to SYD next month, and I’m currently pregnant - for those that have had any of the current beef offerings, are they cooked through or pink? Would like to pre-plan how many snacks I’ll need if the options I can eat are limited.
It’s cooked through and can also be used as wheel chocks when you arrive at Sydney.

Sarcasm aside, I’ve never seen pink beef in Club World or First.

Let us know how your catering goes as I’m on the same route in late May.
SW7London, choosethedrew and bafan like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by Eitrohs
The only thing pink would be the Rose wine or the undergarments of the crew or fellow passengers
choosethedrew, Schwann and Ldnn1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.