Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by VisaGlobalEntry

LHR-MEX and return a few weeks ago
Flying route tomorrow so will try and remember to take a photo
Speedbird676 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Indeed.....I'd rather have cheap as chips fares myself.
Let's not pretend BA has reduced their fares in light of them giving Do&Co a pittance in a catering budget...
mrow, orbitmic, bafan and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Could you explain the link between massaging egos and decent food? I’m not being facetious BTW.
It's a reference to the genre of "How dare BA treat me like this!" complaints on FT, of which there are many. "How dare BA serve such me poor food!" is a sub-set of those.
Originally Posted by Schwann
Let's not pretend BA has reduced their fares in light of them giving Do&Co a pittance in a catering budget...
But equally, let's not pretend that airline fares are set on a cost-plus basis.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Schwann
There is no indication or example that BA fares (specially premium ones) are lower than what they used to be. As per usual, a few FT members will say anything to defend BA. Specially the ones that do not fly....

I recently booked my trip to Rio from London via Zurich with Swiss 1.3K in C. BA was 1.2K for PE...
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: British Airways Exec Club
Does anyone have any recent experiences with the menus on LHR-IAH? (I suppose it'd be the same to places such as Dallas and Nashville)
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's a reference to the genre of "How dare BA treat me like this!" complaints on FT, of which there are many. "How dare BA serve such me poor food!" is a sub-set of those.But equally, let's not pretend that airline fares are set on a cost-plus basis.
I understand where you are coming from, but vehemently disagree that just because BA management have decided to do something that will, in their opinion, increase short-term profits that passengers should then just suck it up without complaining if they don’t like it. BA management are not omniscient, it’s quite possible for cost cutting to accidentally go to far and also for short term decisions to be taken which aren’t in BA’s long term interests. Whining is very different from expressing a valid negative opinion.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:20 pm

So I don’t like seeing piles of food on one tray or plastic lids on the food. If I asked for the food to be served separately would they do it?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I’m afraid not, at present they are keeping contact between customers and crew as less frequent as possible.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:32 pm

Presumably I can just order starter and pudding? Lids off?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The tray will be presented to you with all the lids on minus the hot meal.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:35 pm

If the whole airport experience had covid in mind that’s fine but it’s random. Having being stuck in an airport bus to the plane that was getting fuller and fuller. Someone actually told the driver he needed to drive off as it was getting very squashed,
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree none of this makes any sense any longer, hopefully change is just around the corner.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:52 pm

Thank you for responding. Yes, hopefully...
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's a reference to the genre of "How dare BA treat me like this!" complaints on FT, of which there are many. "How dare BA serve such me poor food!" is a sub-set of those.But equally, let's not pretend that airline fares are set on a cost-plus basis.
I would appear to be reading something totally different then as I have seen few, if any, food complaints which are taken as a personal slight. That would be ridiculous, and thankfully I have not read much of it unless I am totally blindsided, which is of course a possibility given how unilaterally bad the food is on BA at the moment and the volume of complaints that follow (to be clear, I do not take this as a ‘diss’!) Perhaps you could indicate some examples of where posts have personified the impact of the poor catering as I am genuinely interested.
SW7London and mrow like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I understand where you are coming from, but vehemently disagree that just because BA management have decided to do something that will, in their opinion, increase short-term profits that passengers should then just suck it up without complaining if they don’t like it.
I agree. What they should do is to buy their tickets from another airline that offers a level of service more aligned to what they want.

So long as they don't do that, and so long as they keep buying BA tickets in the knowledge that the service levels are below what they expect, they reduce the incentive that BA has to improve those service levels.

The current catering standards are actually only a notable current example of this phenomenon. Whinges about BA (sub-)standards are always around.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.