Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:32 am

CW Vegan options

Hello
Does anyone know if there is a vegan option on almost all CW routes nowadays?
I have ordered the vegan special meal option, however can't get sketchy unimpressive reviews that I've read over the years out of my head. I have seen a fair few menus offering a vegan cottage pie and happy to remove my selection on MMB and take a punt if most flights will have this/something. This is a flight leaving Gatwick if that changes anything.

Thanks so much for any insight
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Leanne Sarah Thompson
Hello
Does anyone know if there is a vegan option on almost all CW routes nowadays?
I have ordered the vegan special meal option, however can't get sketchy unimpressive reviews that I've read over the years out of my head. I have seen a fair few menus offering a vegan cottage pie and happy to remove my selection on MMB and take a punt if most flights will have this/something. This is a flight leaving Gatwick if that changes anything.

Thanks so much for any insight
I absolutely wouldn't take a punt on vegan - maybe vegetarian, but not vegan. You can keep your special preorder, and if there happened to be a vegan alternative you'd be able to swap if there was enough loaded
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Also plenty of stories of the onboard Veggie option running out (even if suitable), so special meal definitely recommended unless prebooking of mains becomes available again!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
I agree - as a veggie, I always order a special meal as, although there is often a veggie option it is not also the case - and I have very rarely seen a main course vegan option on the usual menu
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I absolutely wouldn't take a punt on vegan - maybe vegetarian, but not vegan. You can keep your special preorder, and if there happened to be a vegan alternative you'd be able to swap if there was enough loaded
This is good to know. I had assumed it would be too cheeky to ask to switch once on board! God loves a trier.
Thank you
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
important to point out this can be a bit of a long shot. Crew would (rightly) only allow the swap after every non special meal customer have had their choice, and as we’ve seen in previous reports, BA is not really prone to over catering.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
important to point out this can be a bit of a long shot. Crew would (rightly) only allow the swap after every non special meal customer have had their choice, and as we’ve seen in previous reports, BA is not really prone to over catering.
Agreed, but I do think also it's a long shot to think in a month or few months time there might be a vegan meal on the flight exLGW. Pre the Vegan cottage pie I can't recall seeing vegan options on the standard menu at all
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:13 am

Agreed, but I do think also it's a long shot to think in a month or few months time there might be a vegan meal on the flight exLGW. Pre the Vegan cottage pie I can't recall seeing vegan options on the standard menu at all
Well it seems to me that there is a real risk of Vegan food replacing a lot of the Veggie and special meals as it technically fits the requirements of many of them. Lowest common denominator and all that.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Aston100
Well it seems to me that there is a real risk of Vegan food replacing a lot of the Veggie and special meals as it technically fits the requirements of many of them. Lowest common denominator and all that.
Which as a cheesy / cream loving vegetarian would be disappointing, but understandable from a commercial perspective!

My problem is I can't abide mushrooms which seem to be a main part of often one and sometimes both veggie meals (when 2 meals are served on LH) I do of course realise this is the least of BA's concerns. Pre order, I'm sure would be welcomed back by many others though.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I 100% agree with you!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards

Lunch (chicken curry)

Snack (welsh rarebit)

We're flying in CW roughly monthly and are noticing incremental improvements each time. Still one tray but better quality each time.
Tonight's offering LGW to DOH...
Carfield and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by firstlight

We're flying in CW roughly monthly and are noticing incremental improvements each time. Still one tray but better quality each time.
Tonight's offering LGW to DOH...
It's a shame to fly BA to Doha. Although I do recall a very affordable premium fare from LGW to the Seychelles via DOH with the first leg on BA so we may forgive you!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Schwann
It's a shame to fly BA to Doha. Although I do recall a very affordable premium fare from LGW to the Seychelles via DOH with the first leg on BA so we may forgive you!
this trip gets us 1120 tier points each so we can slum it...
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
heres the cod we had a few days back. LAS LHR. slightly overcooked, but nice all the same.
Attached Images  
TTmex and Aston100 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
tried the asian veg again to give it another go. This time the rice was burnt! Wont order it again.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.