Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
I fly back to the UK for the holidays - the BA catering on the outbound (JFK - LHR) was dreadful - the second meal was literally half a sandwich (afraid I didn’t take pictures). This was the 8am departure, so that meal was effectively dinner.

Ended up switching my return to an American flight, and found the food was excellent. They had a proper starter and salad, a really tasty sea bass dish and then the ice cream sundaes have returned! Apparently they brought back full catering around mid-Dec. I’d recommend making the switch to AA metal if available.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by RG1X
That is a crime against humanity.
Perhaps you’re being a little melodramatic?

Originally Posted by Cheapskate22
Ended up switching my return to an American flight, and found the food was excellent. They had a proper starter and salad, a really tasty sea bass dish and then the ice cream sundaes have returned! Apparently they brought back full catering around mid-Dec. I’d recommend making the switch to AA metal if available.
Interesting. I’ve always found AA catering to be worse than BA (but maybe that’s just my taste). Glad to hear the fish they served was good.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Interesting. I’ve always found AA catering to be worse than BA (but maybe that’s just my taste). Glad to hear the fish they served was good.[/QUOTE]

Historically I’d agree with you - a sign of how poor BA is now.
SxMan and KSVVZ2015 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:12 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by salut0
I mean, it’s not that much more hyperbolic than BA’s website claiming Club World offers “delicious global cuisine”. I’m not even sure the global cuisine bit is accurate on flights from the U.K. any more since so many menus are badly executed ‘British classics’.
NoY, bafan, passy777 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Any recent experiences of dinner and breakfast in CW from an overnight JFK-LHR flight?
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Any recent experiences of dinner and breakfast in CW from an overnight JFK-LHR flight?
I did LAX-LHR and it was the usual breakfast offering (sorry full english eggs one sausage tomato style.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Yes, last month. Eat in the lounge would be my very strong recommendation.
MaxFlyer and tedcruz like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Anyone know when the 'enhanced' catering is due to resume? January was mentioned up thread. Personal interest as flying late next week in J out of LGW.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by firstlight
Anyone know when the 'enhanced' catering is due to resume? January was mentioned up thread. Personal interest as flying late next week in J out of LGW.
The rumour now is that catering will improve with the summer schedule, so towards the end of March.
firstlight and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by firstlight
I think the latest crew rumours were start of the summer season at the end of March. Rumour and subject to change depending on the covid landscape of course.

Edit: Sorry, Genius1 beat me to it!
Genius1 and firstlight like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Genius1
The rumour now is that catering will improve with the summer schedule, so towards the end of March.
ah well at least 3 of the flight segments on this trip are with QR, and maybe the first leg will be rebooked to QR as well looking at the seat allocation with only 15 seats showing reserved on the entire 777 4 days before travel...
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by salut0
Are you new to the internet? It's a joke.

Hyperbole aside, I would be disgusted to be served that. It looks genuinely awful.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
Are you new to the internet? It's a joke.
Ah, don’t forget to put the .

ps. Am I stuck with the smileys on the Flyertalker message ? Strip? Or can I use any of the funky thingies on my keyboard? Asking as a newly senior. 🤣🤣🤣
LCSinTexas and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:48 pm

429, 430 & 431 above, from a week ago?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
BA175 LHR-JFK 11/1/22

The pork was surprisingly nice...except around 1/3 of it was pure fat which is a bit much. The actual flavour was good and the meat was nice and tender.
Carfield likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.