Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 4:05 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by yokozuma
Thank you.

Anyone know if this a standard looking menu at the moment for most long haul out of LHR?

I'll bring my own dessert if so!
Yes. Amusingly (or not), you'll get the added option of either ice cream or Lindt truffles in F but the same winter berry trifle.
yokozuma likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
What the heck is a seasonal winter berry? Especially under British climate? An appleberry? A tangerineberry? Or a chestnutberry perhaps? I think those people who label menu items don't know what to invent any more...
yokozuma, Klrduks and AnaTravel like this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Didn't have the Cornish pasty myself, but saw one and it was a decent size. Half expected one of those canapé sized ones.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:43 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by orbitmic
What the heck is a seasonal winter berry? Especially under British climate? An appleberry? A tangerineberry? Or a chestnutberry perhaps? I think those people who label menu items don't know what to invent any more...
It “can cause nausea … if ingested”, apparently… - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilex_verticillata

I generally take it to mean some sort of spiced blackberry or similar.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
What the heck is a seasonal winter berry? Especially under British climate?
... whatever is left hanging on the bushes in the hedgerows... . (or leftovers at the supermarkets for townies).
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
What the heck is a seasonal winter berry?
I think it's a Ho-Ho-Ho-ganberry.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 6:54 am

In short cherries, blackberries, blackcurrants and cranberries. Don't just go wildly foraging for this stuff unless you know what you are doing as it can be deadly. The idea of a winter berry trifle does sound good!
Can I help you likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:48 am

😀 I'm so glad you asked this as the same question flashed through my mind. I was struggling to think of winter berries that are seasonal in the UK. Holly? You came up with a better selection. 😑😀
orbitmic and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Menu last week for IAD-LHR CW was the same it has been since August...
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by yokozuma
Anyone know if this a standard looking menu at the moment for most long haul out of LHR?
Yes it is, certainly from LHR to the Americas. The WTP dish from that being the chicken tikka and vegetarian ricotta pasta. It changed about 2 weeks ago, so I think they are on a monthly / 6 week or 2 month rotation.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Is it safe to assume they won’t put the pork on the MLE route?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
BA106 DXB-LHR 4th Dec

Hi,

The menu and breakfast ( 2nd meal ) on the BA 106 ( A380) DXB-LHR on 4th Dec . I skipped the first meal as due to a delay we did not get airborne till 0400 local ( sch 0215)

Menu

Belgian Waffles ( hot and fresh), with pastries, fruit salad ( inc a slice of papaya), mango youghurt coffee and chilled orange juice. Sorry for the poor quality . Takem with mobile in low light before main cabin lights came on

Wonderful to be back on an A380 ( view from 51k) and on the upper deck
VSLover, mikeyfly and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The menu and breakfast ( 2nd meal ) on the BA 106 ( A380) DXB-LHR on 4th Dec . I skipped the first meal as due to a delay we did not get airborne till 0400 local ( sch 0215)

Menu

Belgian Waffles ( hot and fresh), with pastries, fruit salad ( inc a slice of papaya), mango youghurt coffee and chilled orange juice. Sorry for the poor quality . Takem with mobile in low light before main cabin lights came on

Wonderful to be back on an A380 ( view from 51k) and on the upper deck
Wow that actually looks EDIBLE! BTW what was the first meal service? (Your menu pic is difficult to read).

FWIW I have ordered Asian Vegetarian on this route for next month, since I reckon Dubai flight kitchens make decent Indian food (unless BA double-caters this flight from LHR?). I hope it does not turn out to be a mistake.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
Wow that actually looks EDIBLE! BTW what was the first meal service? (Your menu pic is difficult to read).

FWIW I have ordered Asian Vegetarian on this route for next month, since I reckon Dubai flight kitchens make decent Indian food (unless BA double-caters this flight from LHR?). I hope it does not turn out to be a mistake.

Hi

Sorry .picture looked okish before uploading

The first light meal choices were
beef brisket and emmental cheese panini

Or

Warm emmental cheese and tomato on toasted sourdough

Fruit savarin (mango, orange syrup)

The other 2 hot breakfast choices were
Chive scrambled eggs with sausage mushroom & tomato

Cheese omelette with mushrooms baked beans and tomato.

I had 2 johnnie ginger cocktails as a nightcap after take off plus some orange juice mid-flight from the club kitchen
Now that I recall j don't think any water bottles were distributed on board ( I had a couple of bottles with me so not bothered you much). Amenity kits were offered though.
The waffles were very good.

Regards

Tbs

Ps I do not think meals are double catered on long haul.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Dec 13, 2021 at 3:04 am
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:54 am

KSML CW
Oh dear, BA really should put their CW crew through some plating skills a la SQ. This dish really looks like someone threw up on a plate...
NoY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.