Old Jun 12, 22, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Old Dec 7, 21, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
I was just watching a trip report of BA LHR - JFK and noticed that two of the three main courses were served in First!

Sorry if I have missed this but thought it remarkable.
My understanding is that at the moment, it is systematically the case with J and F mains being the same with different plating. Starters and desserts (and second meal) remain different.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Dec 7, 21, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Diamond,Amex Platinum
BA208 MIA-LHR Last Night

This was not a good meal. Went out in F to Miami a couple of weeks ago and found the meal pretty decent. This was not. The fish was dry. The rice, albeit nicely cooked was difficult to eat as the 1 tablespoon of sauce plopped on top was just not enough. The pud was horrific! I could imagine a small child eating this and bouncing around the cabin for a couple of hours - we both found it sooo sweet. It was a strange orange colour and really very unpleasant. The cheese bowl was well, a small bowl of cheese....

Only had the yoghurt at breakfast which was the nicest thing on offer, but akin to something I'd find in an M&S garage.

All in all another pretty poor show from BA in Club. We were offered a glass water or orange juice (no top ups) on boarding, but no champagne.
Carfield and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 7, 21, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Lamb Hot Pot? In First? Since when has BA aspired to serve food as good as the Rovers Return?
Old Dec 7, 21, 6:48 pm

LAX-LHR 1st meal service Special VGML

LAX-LHR 2nd meal service Special VGML

Carfield likes this.
Old Dec 7, 21, 11:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL (Gallium Guest List), QRPC Molybdenum, Skywards Zirconium
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
My understanding is that at the moment, it is systematically the case with J and F mains being the same with different plating. Starters and desserts (and second meal) remain different.
BA also seems to be reusing old CE mains too - just had this in F which people may recognise.
​​​​​​​
Old Dec 8, 21, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68 View Post
Lamb Hot Pot? In First? Since when has BA aspired to serve food as good as the Rovers Return?
Unfortunately, it doesn't look as good as 'Betty's Hot Pot'. She would be spinning in her grave if she knew someone had compared her signature dish to that offering.

Joking aside, and I appreciate the current difficulties BA are having to deal with (as other airlines are too), but its depressing reading through the current catering threads seeing the 'Delicious Global Cuisine' as described on ba.com being served with the disclaimer that 'some descriptions and images may not represent our current available services as we respond to COVID-19'.

Other airlines at least attempt to maintain a decent menu despite the difficulties.
MaxFlyer and bafan like this.
Old Dec 8, 21, 6:58 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
I think the one tray service is here to stay in J. The new Club Suite aisle is just too narrow for all the upping and downing, and the second reason will be to eliminate all the complaints on slow service and long meal times. I expect a starter option will be reintroduced sooner rather than later, but will just be delivered on the one tray.
Old Dec 8, 21, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by A P Yu View Post
I think the one tray service is here to stay in J. The new Club Suite aisle is just too narrow for all the upping and downing, and the second reason will be to eliminate all the complaints on slow service and long meal times. I expect a starter option will be reintroduced sooner rather than later, but will just be delivered on the one tray.
Considering the fact other airlines have essentially the exact same seat on their aircraft and can manage to offer a proper meal service, I disagree with your conclusions around the aisle width impacting this.
Old Dec 8, 21, 7:39 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
Considering the fact other airlines have essentially the exact same seat on their aircraft and can manage to offer a proper meal service, I disagree with your conclusions around the aisle width impacting this.
Other airlines may have slimmer crew, or more realistically galley positions at both ends of the cabin which means hand service can be delivered without the need to pass a colleague. Time will tell I guess.
But one of the reasons for the seemingly slow service is waiting for your colleague to return to the galley so you can start your run. Its fun to observe sometimes and has been mentioned as an issue by a number of BA crew - particularly on the refurbed 77W
Old Dec 8, 21, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Regardless of speed of service, for which I have never had a problem, the pictures in this thread are not worthy of a greasy spoon. It all looks awful. If a restaurant presented food that looked like that, it would go straight back. Can we stop with the pretence that it is any more than basic sustenance.
stevie, NoY, MaxFlyer and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 21, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Pickash View Post
LAX-LHR 1st meal service Special VGML

LAX-LHR 2nd meal service Special VGML

Why does BA continue to conflate vegetarian with vegan? It's just sooo annoying. And a rice cake with jam?? Ugh.
Old Dec 8, 21, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Because a vegan meal was ordered!
Old Dec 8, 21, 12:09 pm
POG

Thank you very much for posting this. I was contemplating ordering the VGML for my F flight this weekend. I won’t now.
Old Dec 8, 21, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
Because a vegan meal was ordered!
I'm sure the last time I bothered ordering a VGML meal (i.e. years ago) there was no VLML alternative, hence the obviously incorrect assumption that BA lumped vegetarian and vegan together.
Old Dec 8, 21, 12:44 pm

Full English breakfast back on PHX-LHR on 7 Dec. Didnt appreciate the crew telling me hurry, not much time for breakfast when we had over an hour left flight.

Chicken breast with risotto? I forgot to take a picture of the menu, but it didnt indicate the chicken would be breaded (gross) and that certainly was an odd risotto.

Search this Thread