Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:11 pm

And to complete the picture for the menu above, here is the Tikka Masala, also from LHR - BGI this week. It tasted fine, but 4 lumps of chicken seemed really tight to me.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:59 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Here's the menu from my LHR-RUH CW flight this weekend. I chose the lamb which was delicious, soft & flavoursome. The rest of the meal (cheeses aside) was meh. Awful wet appetiser & forgettable supermarket-style one pot dessert cheapness. The dreaded toasties! - they must have got a great deal on these because they've been around since at least August IIRC!

Note repurposing of crockery to allow ability to eat & enjoy the cheese properly rather than from that stupid little bowl!

By way of comparison I attach a pic of an Iberia LHR-MAD lunchtime flight - need I say more?

LHR-RUH CW MENU

VSLover and becks1 like this.

Last edited by NoY; Dec 6, 2021 at 1:43 am Reason: additional pics
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
On a flight to Riyadh, food is probably the least important part of the catering!
NoY and Neilgcal like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:50 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Longton
On a flight to Riyadh, food is probably the least important part of the catering!
LOL, you are not wrong. The hilarious (well, its not that funny if you don't know about it!) is that the crew stop serving alcohol when entering Saudi airspace even if their interpretation of when/where this occurs is somewhat debatable!
81romeo likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s not debatable, we close the bars when the flight crew tell us we are entering Saudi airspace.
GWFan likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Anyone know if BA have restarted (or plan to) offer a halal meat option on the Middle East routes?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:00 am
NoY

Originally Posted by Can I help you
It’s not debatable, we close the bars when the flight crew tell us we are entering Saudi airspace.
Well it is, in my experience, always well early. Just saying. And they don't ever advise customers of this (again IME) who are enjoying adult beverages.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You are right we do not announce as it is not of interest to all customers on this route and to those who are the last thing we need is customers throwing it down there necks and arriving in KSA pissed!
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:13 pm

LAS-LHR 5th December.

Cod Goan curry and wilted spinach.

It was ok, very mild tomato based curry. Forgot to take the lids off but starter was some cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto base. Dessert was a Hazlenut mousse thing which was fine.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Originally Posted by hillwalker2004

LAS-LHR 5th December.

Cod with Goan curry and wilted spinach.

It was ok, very mild tomato based curry. Forgot to take the lids off but starter was some cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto base. Dessert was a Hazlenut mousse thing which was fine.
It’s the subtitles for me..
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hillwalker2004

LAS-LHR 5th December.

Cod Goan curry and wilted spinach.

subtitles providing some subtext, eh?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SKRan
The reading light is doing a good job. Visuals of food are fairly important.
A great job of emphasising the burnt bits.
SKRan likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:57 pm

The whole thing looks wilted, not just the spinach.
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by MH1981
BA275 LHR - LAS on 22/11

No surprise to see the chicken and hotpot on the menu. I had the chicken and to their credit it was actually delicious. Cooked perfectly and the potatoes were crispy. Starter was tasty too (I’d eaten it before taking a pic, sorry). I wasn’t expecting the apple crumble to be fridge cold though and the bowl of cheese (as I’ve said a number of times already) is embarrassing!

I opted out of the 2nd meal in favour of eating out in LAS. The curry smelled good though.

I was just watching a trip report of BA LHR - JFK and noticed that two of the three main courses were served in First!

Sorry if I have missed this but thought it remarkable.
mrdisco likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I was just watching a trip report of BA LHR - JFK and noticed that two of the three main courses were served in First!

Sorry if I have missed this but thought it remarkable.
So First get corn-fed chicken, maybe CW gets free range, WTP gets battery caged chicken, and economy gets wafer thin sandwich chicken?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.