Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
Yes, they have been (and still do) and did a great job pre-COVID. Now for safety reasons BA has cut their CW budget to a one tray Club Europe style offering.

The only exception is LGW CW which uses a different company

Probably best to say thank you at ba.com/welldone
im sorry “has cut there budget due to safety reasons” 🤔 you could provide the pre covid catering on one tray instead of this Micky take, £6k return to Male and you get this ….
Schwann and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I've mentioned it before, but I do find it reprehensible that if you look at the BA website it extols the excellent offerings of their food service - albeit with a one-liner caveat of maybe not available due to covid... . They have had 20 months to change the pictures of their catering!
NoY, bafan, Schwann and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by cosmo74
well that looks awful. I was going to ask where the Yorkshire pud is then realised it’s in the plastic bag. Classy
The blueish lighting certainly isn't making the food looking more delicious. Yellowish lighting helps a lot. Maybe BA should consider this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by SKRan
The blueish lighting certainly isn't making the food looking more delicious. Yellowish lighting helps a lot. Maybe BA should consider this.
they’ll just cut lighting next.

the new club suite sucks - how BA can get it do wrong copying an old product flown by AA, CX and QR for years beats me. Lumpy cushion and really bad to sleep on.

the abysmal food, lack of loos, and really cramped narrow aisles and we’re looking at taking a voucher on three bookings instead of CW again.
haroon145 and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Originally Posted by ermis177
At least the panini is a whole one compare to a quarter toast we have seen before... Is it me or it looks like the panini who was the hot option years ago in CE?
It wouldn’t surprise me if they are those vending machine style ones with a shelf life of several years so BA can use them still. 😂
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The blueish lighting certainly isn't making the food looking more delicious.
If I am honest, of all the reasons why those photos seem so uninspiring (single tray, boring mains, tiny salad starters like in the bad days of AA, industrial "CE" cheese selection, dull bread, dull desserts, unexciting choices throughout, etc), I'm not sure the lighting is the most likely to blame
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The bread used to be a highlight.
agree and on my last flight i couldnt even eat it it was a weird combo of hot bits, cold bits, too chewy and despite being slathered in something...completely flavorless.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:52 pm

Serving delicious food would be my preferred method of making the pictures look delicious.
Swanhunter, NoY, JimEddie and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Strangely enough JetBlue also has the same blue lighting, their food manages to still look delicious. It must all be in the Pantone they choose.
ENTP and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:04 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Strangely enough JetBlue also has the same blue lighting, their food manages to still look delicious. It must all be in the Pantone they choose.
household of one GGL and one GGL4L. It seems BA are using skimpflation. Using cv19 as an excuse to make cuts. It’s poor ;and also insulting to those genuinely affected by cv19).

after one dreadful CW meal we are not going to wait for the promise of better. All summer long haul getting booked on Lufi (who still run a proper F cabin), JetBlue, Swiss etc.

BA is in total denial. They won’t recover profits been cheap and rubbish. AA discovered that after 9/11. A lesson BA has yet to learn.
NoY, choosethedrew, mrow and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
LHR-BGI today

Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
DFB you are harsh but entirely correct, BA management don’t care, I have recent experience of working with them, and they are shocking in their ineptitude. Sadly the company I used to work for seem to love BA and their style.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by atcodave
DFB you are harsh but entirely correct, BA management don’t care, I have recent experience of working with them, and they are shocking in their ineptitude. Sadly the company I used to work for seem to love BA and their style.
BA’s current style is all ‘fur coat and no knickers’. The menu posted above looks great (except for the ‘desserts’ typo), until you get it all plonked in front of you on one tray. And then you realise it’s like an economy meal from 20 years ago, with the especially insulting quarters of sandwich for afternoon tea.

Talk is easy, but BA needs to put its words into action and stop being so cheap…
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by orbitmic
what was the rest of the menu? looks like you are the first to report on the new December menu!!
Looks pretty similar to the offering on lhr-mco I was on last week (november)
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:56 am

Does BA still use Do & Co to do the catering? I noticed there are no longer references on menus or with the food itself anymore. I wonder if they have know seen the light of BA's ways which is destroying their reputation and hence keeping their distance.
NoY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.