Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 25, 22, 4:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...t-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 2, 21, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL)
The portions are just getting ridiculous. It’s like something out of a doll’s house!
JimEddie, bafan and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Dec 2, 21, 7:42 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
At least the panini is a whole one compare to a quarter toast we have seen before... Is it me or it looks like the panini who was the hot option years ago in CE?
Old Dec 2, 21, 8:09 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Do we know if we have a new CW menu ex LHR yet?
Old Dec 2, 21, 11:39 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
On a 77W 76J flight from MLE-LHR last week, there wasn't enough champagne to complete pre-departure beverages so crew offered water or juice only. Post take off, champagne (both types) ran out 45 minutes into an 11 hour 30 minute flight. Allegedly BA do not load any additional bar carts in the hold dedicated for the return anymore, nor have they increased the numbers of drinks available from when it was a 48J cabin.

Customer relations have said there isn't enough galley space to load enough for everybody...despite the aircraft being brand new and only ever fitted with the 76J configuration.

No wash bags were available either. Food was a Club Europe style meal x 2. Food quality was okay but choices were not premium.
u01sss3 and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 2, 21, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tom139 View Post
On a 77W 76J flight from MLE-LHR last week, there wasn't enough champagne to complete pre-departure beverages so crew offered water or juice only. Post take off, champagne (both types) ran out 45 minutes into an 11 hour 30 minute flight. Allegedly BA do not load any additional bar carts in the hold dedicated for the return anymore, nor have they increased the numbers of drinks available from when it was a 48J cabin.
Ditto coming back from CUN last week. Only juice and water for PDB, champagne on request until they ran out, before take off!
Old Dec 2, 21, 1:13 pm

LHR - BGI Club, top Afternoon Tea, i started eating before taking a picture.. Bottom was main course Roast Beef

orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 2, 21, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by pc32435 View Post
LHR - BGI Club, top Afternoon Tea, i started eating before taking a picture.. Bottom was main course Roast Beef

what was the rest of the menu? looks like you are the first to report on the new December menu!!
noFODplease likes this.
Old Dec 2, 21, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by pc32435 View Post

well that looks awful. I was going to ask where the Yorkshire pud is then realised it’s in the plastic bag. Classy
NoY and SxMan like this.

Last edited by cosmo74; Dec 2, 21 at 2:15 pm Reason: Added comment
Old Dec 2, 21, 2:19 pm

My guess is this single tray shameful service will continue until BA return the crew complement back to what it was. Who knows when that will happen but BA are falling behind as others restore their service to something more suitable for long haul business class.
Old Dec 2, 21, 2:25 pm

Proper food is planned to return ‘in the spring’. No mention of when exactly counts as ‘spring’, and I guess STC if this week’s announcements translate into poorer forward bookings than expected. But a positive that it’s being planned.

Christmas will of course deliver turkey dinners, either in roast dinner or sandwich form (depending on flight/lounge).
Old Dec 2, 21, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Confus View Post
Proper food is planned to return ‘in the spring’. No mention of when exactly counts as ‘spring’, and I guess STC if this week’s announcements translate into poorer forward bookings than expected. But a positive that it’s being planned.

Christmas will of course deliver turkey dinners, either in roast dinner or sandwich form (depending on flight/lounge).
Probably the start of the summer season then. That's a long way off!
Old Dec 2, 21, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
What I find really depressing is that perfectly decent chefs are being instructed to churn out such sub-standard food.
NoY and choosethedrew like this.
Old Dec 2, 21, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by cosmo74 View Post
well that looks awful. I was going to ask where the Yorkshire pud is then realised it’s in the plastic bag. Classy

Bread was awful yes, Meat was okish... But yeah the Yorkshire was depressing.. And them Sandwiches.. i got more in a PE flight a few weeks earlier..

It's not a great picture sorry, despite my best efforts the menu kept folding up. My Son had the Chicken pie, which I'm afraid i have no picture as he ate it very quickly.. So it must have been decent as he usually eats nothing on a plane...
orbitmic and Schwann like this.
Old Dec 2, 21, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The bread used to be a highlight.
Old Dec 2, 21, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
The bread used to be a highlight.
Yes, i remember it being very nice, the best experience with the bread rolls was back in 2019 from LGW -MCO, soft and warm

Search this Thread