Old Jun 12, 22, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Old Nov 25, 21, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by CABNcrew View Post
I am flying ORD-LHR-CDG and back in December. CW/CE there, and CE/FIRST on the return.

Just to clarify, I currently cannot PRE-order any meals for any flight........ with the exception of Special meals?
Hi

Yes, thats right.

Regards

TBS
BAW845_Matt likes this.
Old Nov 25, 21, 5:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
I can't find the First version of this thread - are the menus just as repetitive and unimpressive?! What has changed from the pre covid service?
Old Nov 26, 21, 12:01 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
Random BA advert appeared on my Facebook today. Probably one of the few times BA is honest with the catering....
Old Nov 26, 21, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
Random BA advert appeared on my Facebook today. Probably one of the few times BA is honest with the catering....
lol at this point i'd take that tiny berry dessert over another white chocolate mousse (?) with gooseberry (?) or apple compote.

and how small is this woman because this pic makes the seat look as spacious as a cathay first seat lol.
chrism20 and ermis177 like this.
Old Nov 26, 21, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
Raspberry panna cotta, the dessert I liked the best on BA. Chocolate mousse and passionfruit mousse were nice too.
Old Nov 26, 21, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
I doubt it will make any difference but I complained with photos.. Makes me feel better for it.
noFODplease likes this.
Old Nov 26, 21, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by u01sss3 View Post
I doubt it will make any difference but I complained with photos.. Makes me feel better for it.
i feel i will be marked or something but submitted six complaints today from the 24 BA segments ive taken since sept 10. i mean they want to tie the complaint to each flight, but it had to be said.
Old Nov 26, 21, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by VSLover View Post
i feel i will be marked or something but submitted six complaints today from the 24 BA segments ive taken since sept 10. i mean they want to tie the complaint to each flight, but it had to be said.
We all need to do this! Well done.

I firmly believe they will let this slide until there is enough momentum of unhappy customers,,
mrow, bafan, Tobias-UK and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 26, 21, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by noFODplease View Post
We all need to do this! Well done.

I firmly believe they will let this slide until there is enough momentum of unhappy customers,,
i was enocouraged by everyone here. at first the few complaints were met with a phone call the same day. i was never in a place to discuss more, but who knows what will happen now since i did these all today now that i have time, but i do have a load of issues with service and food since i started flying again in mid-sept, and it isnt ok for what they promise v deliver anymore. especially given the inconvenience of severely reduce schedules killing most flights requiring inconvenient and super long layovers. i can deal with that but combined with onboard service, no. not so much.
ColOrd and becks1 like this.
Old Nov 26, 21, 2:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by u01sss3 View Post
I trust you made reference to the catering provided on the BA1 press flight to JFK on 8 November? Demonstrating the catering provided can no longer be excused as a COVID precaution.
mrow, noFODplease and PGberkshire like this.
Old Nov 26, 21, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
I made reference to several flights too including the shuttle where the cooked breakfast on the EDI shuttle has been replaced with a ham and cheese croissant.
I'll see you in the naughty seats at the back of the plane.
​​​​

​​
Old Nov 26, 21, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
JFK to LHR yesterday (25/11), the butter chicken item was substituted with Thanksgiving turkey which was nice.

The breakfast was rather meagre and low quality - I point blank refused to eat the Nutri- grain bar which was met with full understanding from an embarrassed crew. Wasnt this part of Y breakfast snack boxes previously? The orange juice was cordial-like.

Carfield likes this.
Old Nov 26, 21, 5:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
What on earth is that breakfast main? It looks like a quarter of a brekky burrito.
And the Nutrigrain can sack off
Old Nov 26, 21, 5:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I just realised I posted the dinner menu which has already been posted above, the same breakfast menu was provided - this was the scrambled egg, spinach and tomato wrap.

It felt like it was bought from Co-op (alongside the nutri grain bar in a meal deal) and sawn into 4 pieces to save money.

My AA transcon business breakfast the day before was far better (Id eaten half the bagel and salmon before taking the pic! Salmon lox, cream cheese, boiled egg, salad and capers)

Old Nov 27, 21, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nh1980 View Post
JFK to LHR yesterday (25/11), the butter chicken item was substituted with Thanksgiving turkey which was nice.

For comparison - CW LHR-IAD Thanksgiving 2019. The 2019 starter is (of course) much, much better, while the turkey appears to be a more generous proportion.

Carfield, VSLover, bafan and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread