Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Is everyone complaining here also complaining on board?

We all must, every time. Or they’ll keep it as is!
bafan and passy777 like this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
LOl. I really don't blame you I must say. Although it's ridiculous to think that some of us (including me!) are considering bringing there own food on board premium cabin. Sigh.
...certainly was a necessity last year with their packet of crisps and M&Ms in CW - should not be necessary now.

Originally Posted by noFODplease
... but it is British Airways.... (we are allowed to suffer appalling service, moan about it, but complaining about it is just not on...)
NoY and noFODplease like this.

Last edited by CKBA; Nov 22, 2021 at 1:03 pm
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:26 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by noFODplease

I did complain to the IFM (on my last flight in CW) & he just shrugged & said he hoped for better soon! Don't we all, LOL. Thankfully I only have a handful of BA operated flights left & then its QR/EY/AY in J & then a few EK in F
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I had no reason to moan…. Although outbound wasn’t too good. However Thank You sent this afternoon, the CSM (?) was excellent and all crew super chirpy considering it’s a short stop and a night flight for them
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:05 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Will be on the 1225 to DXB on Sunday and have got a cheap insulated lunch bag and will grab some sushi at Itsu prior to boarding for a starter ( although to be fair the main course looks ok and reports are that the quality is reasonable for the main)

Regards

TBS
will try the t5 arrivals lounge.

Actually this will be my first time in the t5 arrivals lounge as am on separate tickets back to edi and the edi flight does not leave till 1400 ( earlier flights were mega expensive) so will relax in the arrivals lounge after an 0625 arrival them may pop into London for a couple of hours)
Honestly Honey, I don’t think that you’ll be disappointed. I’d take cheese from the Lounge as the 20gm x 2 on the plate is a bit meagre. I would rather cheese than desert most often. HI considers a meal unfinished with deserts so I have had to learn quite a repertoire over the years as I will not have a boiled pudding in the house - him apart that is
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Looking upthread, I think we have all the outbound LHR meals in photos, the one that's missing is the vegetarian option inbound to LHR, namely the asparagus and green pea risotto, with grilled trumpet mushrooms, shaved Parmesan and crčme fraîche. I thought this was pretty good for something before sleep, though I was tempted by the salmon.

SW7London, Beergander and becks1 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Looking upthread, I think we have all the outbound LHR meals in photos, the one that's missing is the vegetarian option inbound to LHR, namely the asparagus and green pea risotto, with grilled trumpet mushrooms, shaved Parmesan and crčme fraîche. I thought this was pretty good for something before sleep, though I was tempted by the salmon.
ha! that was my first choice but they were out when they took my order (last as a ggl in the last row) and i asked "why is there no risotto?" to which she went away and came back immediately with one found!

i ended up with the salmon having in the quick interaction made peace with that being my only choice but it is difficult to really mess up risotto!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC

I had the butter chicken which wasn't bad but again not exactly luxury.
I didn't bother with the panini in favour of sleep and had something to eat in GF instead.

​​​​​​
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by NoY
LOl. I really don't blame you I must say. Although it's ridiculous to think that some of us (including me!) are considering bringing there own food on board premium cabin. Sigh.
Given what i am seeing on here I am certainly considering taking my own cheese selection with me on my flight in a couple of weeks, rather than endure the plastic wrapped erasers which seem to be on offer. Has anyone tried this? I assume that unless it's a particularly ripe soft cheese, it would not come under the liquid limit in carry-on (and in any case I recognise something that ripe would be a little anti-social in a constriccted enviroment)?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:57 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mjghughes
Given what i am seeing on here I am certainly considering taking my own cheese selection with me on my flight in a couple of weeks, rather than endure the plastic wrapped erasers which seem to be on offer. Has anyone tried this? I assume that unless it's a particularly ripe soft cheese, it would not come under the liquid limit in carry-on (and in any case I recognise something that ripe would be a little anti-social in a constriccted enviroment)?
Haven't tried this but what's to lose? I say go for it!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Just back from a Club World return and was keen to see if the fuss here is justified.

For a roast, it is well cooked. Tender chicken, tasty sauces, crispy potatoes, gently cooked veg. So good effort for what it is, but I agree it’s not exactly Club.

The small portions, strange menu items (a cauliflower florets with a red sauce as a starter?) and 2nd meal meant I left both flights genuinely hungry.

The outstation catered meals were much more of a disappointment compared with the Do & Co meals out of Heathrow.

It wasn’t too long since there was a decorated trolley going down the aisle with3x starters (including tasty soups), 3x mains, and 3x desert options where every dish had some imagination and was generally substantive too. Prices certainly haven’t moved much since then either.

Whilst the hard product is good, the soft product doesn’t justify the leap in price for me when a flatbed isn’t critical to a trip. Will be back when the service improves (CSM mentioned something about the new year?) but for now, goodbye Club.

The great crew are in the back too
bafan and becks1 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:21 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by u01sss3

I had the butter chicken which wasn't bad but again not exactly luxury.
I didn't bother with the panini in favour of sleep and had something to eat in GF instead.

​​​​​​
This looks like an economy meal in a nicer dish.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ziz
This looks like an economy meal in a nicer dish.
I had something similar in Etihad Y class when they flew from EDI.
The breakfast is a joke for long haul business too when I can recall getting a cooked breakfast in Y on BA shuttles not too long ago.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by u01sss3
I had something similar in Etihad Y class when they flew from EDI.
The breakfast is a joke for long haul business too when I can recall getting a cooked breakfast in Y on BA shuttles not too long ago.
I’ve had a lukewarm butter chicken on QR in first class.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:15 pm

I am flying ORD-LHR-CDG and back in December. CW/CE there, and CE/FIRST on the return.

Just to clarify, I currently cannot PRE-order any meals for any flight........ with the exception of Special meals?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.