Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
This is all super depressing. And a huge shame given the efforts that BA went to with the new CW service pattern and food options launched a couple of years back. We have family flying CW next week to visit us in the States, feedback is going to be interesting.
Depressing not just compared to a couple of years back but even a couple of weeks ago when they relaunched flights to the US!

Who would have thought BA would do such a thing!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Like how it says “selection of desserts and cheese”. Surely it should read “selection of dessert and cheeses” given there’re several cheese pieces (but you can’t select) so really it should just read “dessert and cheese selection” (which should be really written with an or instead of and)….
and i was excited for an actual cheese BOARD, not the small club europe bowl of cheese. 🙄
u01sss3 and ColOrd like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:20 pm

Flew LHR-JFK today on the 173 in J. This thread had prepared me for the worst and though it was edible, the food was average at best

3 mains - Roast chicken, lamb hotpot, ricotta pasta. Had the chicken, dry as a bone even with the sauce/gravy. Starter was vile, a lump of cauliflower in a hummus, dessert cheese (babybell) or an apple crumble

According to CSM (or whatever they’re called these days) they’ve been inundated with complaints over the food and there’s a “full reset” due in January
NoY, mrdisco, RoyalSwazi and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Many thanks to all those posters who have sent in pictures of the current CW food and menus. Certainly ex-LHR it's all rather repetitive isn't it?

So now we know. All the lovely pictures of the food - and the food/selection did look good - on the BA001 that were posted on various blogs ended up being a 'spoof' or were intentionally misleading. Hopefully someone will write in to let the bloggers know that they've had the wool pulled over their eyes here. Perhaps it was to fool Mr Doyle that all was well and good with the catering generally when it plainly isn't. And the cynics here were proven correct. It was just window dressing whereas BA in reality continues to have a really sub par offering as far as food/beverage is concerned. As such I believe BA has acted disgracefully here and the 'sod you' attitude of Willie Walsh and Alex Cruz clearly lives on.

Yes, times are tough. But it's the same for everyone. So whereas other carriers have returned to (near) normality, BA decides to kick you in the teeth (taking into account some of the outrageous fares being asked - yup, I know - supply and demand). Is this really the way to go in terms of attracting people back?

I hope that BA gets more and more competition on more and more routes so that we start to get a real and proper choice - not just JVs - and I suspect that only then will BA wake up and start to remember who pays their wages.

I've got a JFK booked on BA in the new year. I probably need to go to BOM in January/February - not yet booked - but I can see that heading to EK or QR at this rate (not brave enough to try AI). If I'm going to get scalped on the fare I sure as hell want something better than this 'because of Covid' dross.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Flew LHR-JFK today on the 173 in J. This thread had prepared me for the worst and though it was edible, the food was average at best

3 mains - Roast chicken, lamb hotpot, ricotta pasta. Had the chicken, dry as a bone even with the sauce/gravy. Starter was vile, a lump of cauliflower in a hummus, dessert cheese (babybell) or an apple crumble

According to CSM (or whatever they’re called these days) they’ve been inundated with complaints over the food and there’s a “full reset” due in January
Hope the Jan reset deffo happens. I appeared to get better food on a two hour hop from.DFW to MEX which says a lot. I think the key is just to keep complaining and hopefully BA will realize. If they managed decent food with Do and Co before, hopefully they can do it again.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by VSLover
and i was excited for an actual cheese BOARD, not the small club europe bowl of cheese. 🙄
That’s been enhanced to aid customers with post pandemic weight management.

Roll on January and full reset. I wonder what Excel has dreamt up for us cost centres.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
I hope we get some sort of new menu for December. How often are the menus rotating?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
That’s been enhanced to aid customers with post pandemic weight management.

Roll on January and full reset. I wonder what Excel has dreamt up for us cost centres.
I fear that if this is the their approach to weight management, post-Christmas/New Year offerings could be even less!
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:43 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I’m here to tell you that the meal that we were served on our LHR - MIA was perfectly pleasant for an upgraded Economy meal. I had the chicken amd Him Indoors had the Lamb Hotpot. My Chicken was excellent. It was moist and tasty and copious. HI thoroughly enjoyed his Lamb. The wines were Waitrose monthly specials, and whilst there was nothing wrong with them, They were nothing exceptional. The cabin on the 777 was full.

The second meal was the Welsh Rarebit and was OK.

Frankly the sooner that this Best of British phase runs out of steam the better.
chucko, JimEddie, chrism20 and 5 others like this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:08 am

Is there any menu other than the roast chicken / lamb hot pot / pasta? I had it 6 weeks ago going to DXB and its on my BGI flight today and every other post mentions the same. Although at least we get afternoon tea rather than the toasted sarnie for 2nd meal (never thought I'd be grateful for BA afternoon tea)
oceanscape and becks1 like this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last night’s CUN-LGW BA2202.

Food, especially the salmon was far nicer than I’ve had exLON for quite a while. All very tasty

Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:24 am

So is it safe to assume that an inbound longhaul flight to LHR will will have better catering than the outbound?
At least for the next few weeks anyway?
A P Yu likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:49 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Am travelling on the BA104 DXB-LHR (10.20am departure) this week & will post an update regarding the menu - one thing is for sure - I am not looking forward to the meal service!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by NoY
Am travelling on the BA104 DXB-LHR (10.20am departure) this week & will post an update regarding the menu - one thing is for sure - I am not looking forward to the meal service!
Hi,

Will be on the 1225 to DXB on Sunday and have got a cheap insulated lunch bag and will grab some sushi at Itsu prior to boarding for a starter ( although to be fair the main course looks ok and reports are that the quality is reasonable for the main)

Regards

TBS
will try the t5 arrivals lounge.

Actually this will be my first time in the t5 arrivals lounge as am on separate tickets back to edi and the edi flight does not leave till 1400 ( earlier flights were mega expensive) so will relax in the arrivals lounge after an 0625 arrival them may pop into London for a couple of hours)
Beergander likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 22, 2021 at 7:10 am
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:02 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Will be on the 1225 to DXB on Sunday and have got a cheap insulated lunch bag and will grab some sushi at Itsu prior to boarding for a starter ( although to be fair the main course looks ok and reports are that the quality is reasonable for the main)

Regards

TBS
LOl. I really don't blame you I must say. Although it's ridiculous to think that some of us (including me!) are considering bringing there own food on board premium cabin. Sigh.

Regarding the main courses ex-LHR, I have had the bl****y chicken/hotpot/pasta menu on the last 3 ex-LHR flights (RUH/DXB) & am a bit fed up with it to say the least! Ex-DXB food (on any airline) is typically poor IME so I will be having a substantial brekkie before going to the airport & may well be heading to Pret pre-flight methinks - lets see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.