Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Ugh these menus are utterly dreary. And one tray - plonk.
The kind of thing I would expect LHR-ATH not LHR-USA!

Very disappointing considering how far we had come just before the pandemic.
IAMORGAN, Schwann and oceanscape like this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Greetings from G-ZBKI, currently 360 km south of KEF en route to DEN.

Here is today's offering in my Flubbed CW 789 service. I had the Lamb Hotpot and very edible it was too.

i was de-flubbed, but wow that apple crumble has found its way to longhaul now? i cant take another one of those after the past few months of club europe! it makes me miss the mousse.
bafan likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I like how they've put a granola bar as a starter on the breakfast menu.
choosethedrew and oceanscape like this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
These menus and pictures will become as monotonous as the food itself ……..

BA175 (LHR-JFK) last week

BA284 (SFO-LHR) this week

I didn’t take a photo of the omelet breakfast I had.

I found the food very underwhelming. The starters and desserts being cold isn’t great, the lack of choice of starters and dessert isn’t great. One glass of wine on the LHR-JFK before the CC disappeared for her hour break not to be seen again until afternoon tea isn’t great. It was just all a bit meh. Thankfully the crew on the way home were amazing and did a great job of making up for the poor food offering as best as they could.

Last edited by BerksFlyer; Nov 19, 2021 at 1:49 pm
Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s so sad to see how far BA has fallen.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC

I'm not sure if this was a special Gold welcome but didn't anyone else get treated to the Club fingernail?
I wasn't sure if it was starter maybe to replace the nuts?
I'm just glad the announcements assured me it's a very well sanitised nail or I might have thought it was gross.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:52 pm

Gosh this is all so depressing. Also had the dreary menu on my LHR-DXB-LHR flights a couple weeks ago but hoped the US flights might be better; apparently not. Pretty shameful of BA to be rolling out this crap in a J cabin.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
This is all super depressing. And a huge shame given the efforts that BA went to with the new CW service pattern and food options launched a couple of years back. We have family flying CW next week to visit us in the States, feedback is going to be interesting.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:45 am

Like how it says “selection of desserts and cheese”. Surely it should read “selection of dessert and cheeses” given there’re several cheese pieces (but you can’t select) so really it should just read “dessert and cheese selection” (which should be really written with an or instead of and)….
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Wow, not pretty, is it?

I'm glad I've gone with American for my next transatlantic, though I've had to take BA on the return.

Hope things improve soon. Hate the oval plates by the way. QR have the same kind - always found them to be something I wrinkle my nose at.

Not premium to me, that's for sure. Very sad
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Wow, not pretty, is it?

I'm glad I've gone with American for my next transatlantic, though I've had to take BA on the return.

Hope things improve soon. Hate the oval plates by the way. QR have the same kind - always found them to be something I wrinkle my nose at.

Not premium to me, that's for sure. Very sad
Oh thank god it’s not just me! I can’t stand the oval plates, nor the silly bread basket. It’s almost like the presentation is trying to distract from the fact the food quality is crap. Just put it on a plain, white round plate and let the food speak for itself (or not, in BAs case)
MaxFlyer and FlightDetective like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:24 am

Hi there, can't seem to see a recent LHR > IAD menu pertaining to a midday departure.
Travel partner is currently meat-free. Was wondering if there might be any possibility of a fish main, else should I assume it will have to be the Ricotta Mezzaluna?
Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Aston100
Hi there, can't seem to see a recent LHR > IAD menu pertaining to a midday departure.
Travel partner is currently meat-free. Was wondering if there might be any possibility of a fish main, else should I assume it will have to be the Ricotta Mezzaluna?
Thanks.
For safety reasons, everyone is getting the same menu at the moment. So scroll up and whoever you see the depressing looking beige chicken boob that's your menu.

Someone else may be able to suggest an alternative special meal which might not be the kids meal pasta.
ENTP and Aston100 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:48 am
wsc

6.10pm flight out of LHR to MLE (arrival c9am local) in CW
Should I be expecting dinner and breakfast? No afternoon tea?

anyone been on this flight recently, curious to see menu, wonder if salmon will be on offer
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct, dinner and hot breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.