Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Old Nov 13, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Here is the roast dinner they served from LHR - JFK yesterday. There were no menus so had to guess what everything was:

Roast chicken, potatoes, vegetables, gazpacho, apple crumble and cheese.

Welsh rarebit:

I don't know what everyone is complaining about - I thought it was delicious! Just like being back at school again.

Last edited by doctoravios; Nov 13, 2021 at 9:44 am
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Flying CDG-LHR-EWR next week, really wish I had taken the AA option now rather than BA.
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by eddy67
Flying CDG-LHR-EWR next week, really wish I had taken the AA option now rather than BA.
Same, have a jfk-lhr-bcn trip next week, and really wishing I took the AA, or even IB option over BA. At least my trip back the following week will be on AA
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by doctoravios
gazpacho
Glad to see the soup is back!
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Here is the roast dinner they served from LHR - JFK yesterday. There were no menus so had to guess what everything was:

Welsh rarebit:

I don't know what everyone is complaining about - I thought it was delicious! Just like being back at school again.
That first meal is like a beige colour chart.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Traveling on Tuesday LHR-DFW and now debating if I should accept the food offered as pre-booking food is still not allowed, or stick with my KSML. :/
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:54 pm

Welsh rarebit:

Schools dinners were 1.50..
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
my experience last week shows you made a very wise choice.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass
Showing your age there ! And even with our school dinners, post primary school, we had a choice of puddings
mrow and doctoravios like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass
10p in my day (and yes, that is post decimalisation...). Looking at the BA offering they probably only spent 1.50 on it anyway.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
I had the exact same question, because Hermolis KSML on CE flights was wonderful in the pre-Covid past. But I am afraid that BA may have switched to an inferior provider these days as a way to cut costs, and one might end up getting the disgusting shelf-stable mush that lower-end KSML caterers put out...
I think you have your facts(speculation) wrong - Hermolis still provide BA CE KSML catering. I have consumed x6/7 meals during/post covid and they are all better than the standard CE offering.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by fender5787
Same, have a jfk-lhr-bcn trip next week, and really wishing I took the AA, or even IB option over BA. At least my trip back the following week will be on AA
Originally Posted by botham
my experience last week shows you made a very wise choice.
Oh, come on. When are you ever going to get the chance to try a delicious Welsh rarebit on AA?! Honestly, it was lovely. Much nicer than your fancy salads and sundaes...
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I asked this question on the Dubai thread but then realized it probably belongs on this one. Does anyone know:

(1) What meals are served in Club World on the BA 106 (2:15 AM departure from DXB) overnight flight to LHR? Is it a snack followed by full breakfast?

(2) How about meals in WT Plus on the BA 109 (8:00 PM departure from LHR) overnight flight to DXB? Is it dinner or breakfast or both?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:34 am

What is served in Club on the 0950 BA 175 (LHR to JFK)?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Oh, come on. When are you ever going to get the chance to try a delicious Welsh rarebit on AA?! Honestly, it was lovely. Much nicer than your fancy salads and sundaes...
I shall find out on in a couple of days ... hmmm yum yum
doctoravios likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.