Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Cw novice

The butter is a disgrace and BA should be embarrassed about it. How much more for a full portion.
British Airways Club World butter and flat thimbles of warm, pre-departure champagne (on certain routes) are small, persistent symbols of what is wrong with its catering. The butter is some weird blended or whipped concoction that no one on FlyerTalk has ever been able to identify for me. For some reason, passengers in every other cabin get real butter. J gets 'I can't believe this is butter". 🧈
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:34 pm

The real maddening thing is that the Club Suites are tremendous. Was in 5K and the whole setup felt classy then they ruin it somewhat with the food.

Am coming back on CW on the A380 albeit in 58K. Will feel retro somewhat.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lattegirl13
Do I dare ask how the 2021 Rhône red wine tastes?? 😱😱😱 oh dear
Well, none was offered with dinner on my 14 hour flight yesterday. After the aperitif, we were only offered still or sparkling water and the crew, whilst really nice, seemed so overwhelmed that I did not have the heart to ask them for more.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:08 pm

Had the pinot noir which was passable.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
I had it several times over the past two weeks. It's fine. Certainly drinkable. But, BA can and should do much better on the wines. The Business Class wine selection hasn't been great for decades, but it was demonstrably better pre-pandemic.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Well, none was offered with dinner on my 14 hour flight yesterday. After the aperitif, we were only offered still or sparkling water and the crew, whilst really nice, seemed so overwhelmed that I did not have the heart to ask them for more.
Overwhelmed ? But, bar runs and serving drinks are *literally* part of the job…?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by Cw novice
The real maddening thing is that the Club Suites are tremendous. Was in 5K and the whole setup felt classy then they ruin it somewhat with the food.

Am coming back on CW on the A380 albeit in 58K. Will feel retro somewhat.
Yeah, enjoy the 'floppy' IFE screen. Make sure you've got some business cards handy to jam into it to keep the screen open. That and the s!*@ food, warm white wine, plus the probable next to non-existent service and you'll be feeling 'underwhelmed'. Enjoy. We've just pulled a couple of CWs and moved them elsewhere - can't be arsed to go for Gold now. Silver will do. Time-out until they actually start throwing us a few bones to justify the fares they're ripping us off for. I'm really struggling to see how the new management are any better for the fare paying public than the utterly, utterly useless Alex Cruz and that berk Willie Walsh.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Yes, exactly my recent experiences too. Great job selling the water guys. We're taking a break from this nonsense - let's try again in 6 months.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Excellent service from both crews on my recent trip to TLV, but maybe it helps that it's a short flight. Breakfast on the way out was underwhelming as always, and not very substantial. Given that you don't arrive until mid-afternoon, they really should do better and go for more of a brunch option than breakfast. Quantity was also pretty meagre. I'll be ordering kosher next time as they got way more food. Food on the return was really tasty, I had a lamb tagine, still disappointed in the one tray set-up though. It will be nice to have proper starters and desserts again.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Ziz
In a shocking turn of events this is the menu for LHr-YYZ
did you actually get NOTHING ???
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Ziz
In a shocking turn of events this is the menu for LHr-YYZ
did you actually get NOTHING ??? Or was the menu the lamb in the post before. We are flying YYZ/LHR in Nov first time in 3 yrs since the pandemic
Is the lounge at YYZ BA lounge or the plaza Premium one from 3 yrs ago
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Yes, exactly my recent experiences too. Great job selling the water guys. We're taking a break from this nonsense - let's try again in 6 months.
I must admit that I've had that experience a few times, but I know what is available and I just make sure that the CC know that I want wine as well as water. Quite often they also don't offer anything after the meal and I always insist on a top-up of wine, a liqueur and some tea, and then a refill of the tea. As long as you know what is available and you ask nicely, the CC have never given me any grief for asking. But yes, they are not always great at telling you what's available.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:19 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bafan
Overwhelmed ? But, bar runs and serving drinks are *literally* part of the job…?
Here here! Enough with the apologies for this cr@p service!
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

It’s rare that I find myself at odds with your posts orbitmic, but in all honesty I think you have yourself to blame every bit as much as the seemingly inefficient (perhaps poorly-trained ?) CC on this.

We all respect the mantra that “the cabin crew are here primarily for your safety” ; but equally true is the undeniable reality that on long-haul flights (especially one of 14 hours) the F & B prep / delivery becomes their main occupation, in terms of actual time spent. As already mentioned above ….it’s their job.

When sitting in a restaurant and anxious to order, say, some wine ……would you hold back and content yourself with water on the basis that the staff look “overwhelmed” ……. ? OR would you tell yourself ‘I’m a paying customer and as such feel entitled to some service’…… ??

You say that your crew were “nice”. Having a ‘nice’ crew is undoubtedly ….. er ….. nice. But on balance I’d always rate efficiency over niceness.
bafan, wrp96, LCSinTexas and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Menu from NBO-LHR this weekend. Given it’s an overnight, we didn’t try any of it. Glad to see named wines again, rather than “our cellar selection”. What’s with all the cheese for breakfast though?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.