Wiki Posts
Search

GRU first reward availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA gold, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold, Avis President's
Question GRU first reward availability

What is happening with reward availability to GRU? I follow it closely as I tend to use my 2for1 on this route but it has been a while that all availability have disappeared after September/October. BA is not changing the plane to a 787-8 or 3 class 777 as first tickets are on sale up to the end of the year.
Appreciate any clues. Safe flying to all.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No F guaranteed - nothing has changed.....

However I personally think F capacity is lower on a lot of routes into autumn / winter - perhaps safeguarding against more planes with either no F or only 8 F
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA gold, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold, Avis President's
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
No F guaranteed - nothing has changed.....

However I personally think F capacity is lower on a lot of routes into autumn / winter - perhaps safeguarding against more planes with either no F or only 8 F
Thanks for the info mikeyfly. So if nothing changes I guess soon I will be on the phone at 12:01 on day -355 to get the outbound. Woukld that qualify as another enhancement????
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Big picture: BA are significantly reducing the amount of F seats they'll be flying across the fleet in 2020 and 2021. The idea isn't to reduce paid tickets and avios tickets equally: the brunt of the reduction will fall on Avios tickets, AUPs, etc. Get used to it.

GRU specific: LATAM(BA's codeshare partner on the route) leave Oneworld on 1st October 2020

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.