Search

BA Seat Selection short-haul OWR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Silver
BA Seat Selection short-haul OWR

Hi all,
BA Noob here (first time flying the carrier)
Have lowly Oneworld Ruby (Cathay Pacific MPC Silver) was wondering if I have the ability to choose seats without paying a fee?

For two shorthaul flights:
LHR > PRG - Class V - Euro Traveller
BUD > LHR - Class O - Euro Traveller

Will be flying with another person that does not have any status in the same booking. If able to seat select without paying a fee, will I be able to seat select for that person as well?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
I think the answer is yes but only 7 days before the flight
AJA_, BertieBadger, pol212 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
A P Yu has given you the correct answer, just for completeness here is the blurb from BA.com confirming the benefit is extended to all on your booking (highlighting mine)

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ving-your-seat

Bronze/oneworld RubyFree seat selection (excluding exit row seats) from seven days before departure
for everyone in your booking. Exit row seats can be selected for free from 24 hours before departure*.
Note that it is 7 days to the second from the departure time, so you'll need to wait for that to pass at T-7 days.
pol212 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Silver
Thank you! Will I be able to select them online? Or will I have to call BA's hotline to reserve?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver
Originally Posted by pol212
Thank you! Will I be able to select them online? Or will I have to call BA's hotline to reserve?
You will be able to select them online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.