Wiki Posts
Search

Change to UUA'd ticket *after* departure

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Change to UUA'd ticket *after* departure

I have UUA'd WT->J the return portion of an itinerary, and have already flown the outbound.

Should it be possible to:

a) cancel the UUA, go back to WT and have avios (and maybe some fees) refunded? (out of two calls, once I was said yes and once I was said no. But the agent who said yes wasn't able to do it anyway).

b) change the ticket (paying corresponding change/difference fee, but no avios) to a new flight that has award availability in J?

This seems to be a gray area since changes to awards made after departure are not allowed, but there seems to be nothing specific about UUA's in the published rules.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:48 am

I have done both in the past without difficulty, the conditions of the underlying ticket haven't changed when you UuA
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
I have done both in the past without difficulty, the conditions of the underlying ticket haven't changed when you UuA
Thanks! Can you confirm that you have done both *after flying the outbound*? From previous posts it seems certain that one can do it before starting travel.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:24 am

Yes, always after departure as I wanted to avoid the ticket being repriced , just pay the change fee (if the original fare class was available)
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Yes, always after departure as I wanted to avoid the ticket being repriced , just pay the change fee (if the original fare class was available)
Thanks, exactly the reason why I waited until flying the outbound
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:16 am
Original Poster

FWIW, I was not able to do (a). I tried to HUACA but it seems the first agent noted the reservation because the second one said "I believe you were informed earlier by my colleague that this isn't possible". I was able to do (b), sort of, as the change fee hasn't been charged to the credit card nor, it seems, has the reservation been reticketed (one day after call).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.