Fast Track at WAW

Old Jan 6, 20, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GFL/GGL/CCR, SPG Plat for Life, HHDiamond, xG Aegean, Avis President's Circle
Fast Track at WAW

Happy New Year everyone!

Iíve just been turned away at the fast track at Warsaw Airport flying in Club and holding a GGL card.

I was wondering if any member may have further information on the changes introduced-apparently-ď as of the 3rd of Januaryď.

Many thanks and best wishes to everyone
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:29 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by MGUK View Post
Happy New Year everyone!

Iíve just been turned away at the fast track at Warsaw Airport flying in Club and holding a GGL card.

I was wondering if any member may have further information on the changes introduced-apparently-ď as of the 3rd of Januaryď.

Many thanks and best wishes to everyone
After speaking with a friend recently, the change means you need a stamp on your boarding pass by the Check In desk to get Fast Track

megaloman had same issue.
wanderingjock and megaloman like this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold
They insist on seeing a card even though your bp is showing BA GOLD. Never had a problem while showing a physical card or app. They donít extend the benfit to the guests though. Why BA canít code the bps correctly to enable access is beyond me...
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 2:25 pm

Same happened to me today, I'm BA Gold and was flying Club Eutope. Didn't have time to go and find the check-in desk, was travelling hand luggage only anyway. Seems to completely defeat the purpose of having fast track if you need to get to the airport early to queue up at a check in desk to get a pass for fast track security!! Might as well just join the queue for the normal security.

I fly this route very often. Hope BA can slove this issue.
groenroos and TheJayHatch like this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold
Wait, don't they have the big poster with eligible cards next to the fast track podium anymore?
Old Jan 6, 20, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, IHG Gold Elite, Sixt Gold
wow that is good to know, I used to be a regular at WAW and will be there soon!

My BP never worked but I always managed to get through both as Silver and Gold just by showing my mobile boarding pass. I don't mind having to print out one and ask for a stamp, also considering the lounges at WAW are a bit disheartening anyway hence no need to rush through security
Old Jan 6, 20, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by wmaciej View Post
Wait, don't they have the big poster with eligible cards next to the fast track podium anymore?
Nope, it was gone.
Old Jan 6, 20, 7:39 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Hilton Honor Silver
Is there a particular problem with security / passport control at WAW (that is, very long, slow-moving queues)? I ask because I am flying from there this summer, no status but I shall be in J (on a F ticket).
Old Jan 7, 20, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by JTXC View Post
Is there a particular problem with security / passport control at WAW (that is, very long, slow-moving queues)? I ask because I am flying from there this summer, no status but I shall be in J (on a F ticket).
Generally the security queue at Chopin is quite quick. It's rare to have to wait more than 10min.

Passport control has been greatly improved in the last 12 months. There's a bunch of self scan machines for EU passengers which has speeded things up a lot. The last 5 flights I've had through the airport I've been through passport control in seconds. If you don't have a e-gate passport allow 10min to be safe. Sometimes I have seen long ish lines depending on time of day.
Old Jan 7, 20, 12:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Last month they stopped accepting Silvers through fast track, the sheet (as of first week in Dec) read Gold card holders only.

Yet again another example of BA cost cutting and making the experience more and more like Ryanair.

Group Boarding is never enforced here and the check in desks will not open a second before T-2h. The staff even sit there behind the desks looking at the queues, and there is often queues for both lines at T-2.

If taking BA851, Iíve found the security lines by the LOT check in desks a lot quieter at this time of day rather than the ones by the BA desk as there seem to be a number of charters that go at a similar time from that end of the airport.
Old Jan 7, 20, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cameramaker View Post
Last month they stopped accepting Silvers through fast track, the sheet (as of first week in Dec) read Gold card holders only.

Yet again another example of BA cost cutting and making the experience more and more like Ryanair.

Group Boarding is never enforced here and the check in desks will not open a second before T-2h. The staff even sit there behind the desks looking at the queues, and there is often queues for both lines at T-2.

If taking BA851, Iíve found the security lines by the LOT check in desks a lot quieter at this time of day rather than the ones by the BA desk as there seem to be a number of charters that go at a similar time from that end of the airport.
Just to make it clear - Silvers were never allowed through Fast Track at WAW (unless flying business) - and BA told me it's nothing to do with them, it's the airport which decided that only BA golds would be allowed Fast Track - so there was the weird anomaly that WAW assumed BA gold was on a par with other airline 'gold' status levels, and so in effect BA Silver was relegated out of Fast Track, despite other airlines (including Oneworld Sapphires) all at an equivalent level to BA Silver were granted Fast Track - just because someone at WAW who compiled the list just made an assumption the BA Gold was the 2nd to top level (like with most other airlines).
Old Jan 7, 20, 6:10 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by sb1982 View Post
Just to make it clear - Silvers were never allowed through Fast Track at WAW (unless flying business) - and BA told me it's nothing to do with them, it's the airport which decided that only BA golds would be allowed Fast Track - so there was the weird anomaly that WAW assumed BA gold was on a par with other airline 'gold' status levels, and so in effect BA Silver was relegated out of Fast Track, despite other airlines (including Oneworld Sapphires) all at an equivalent level to BA Silver were granted Fast Track - just because someone at WAW who compiled the list just made an assumption the BA Gold was the 2nd to top level (like with most other airlines).
I am not sure if this is entirely the case as my (Silver) colleague has always gotten through without challenge, with a recent DYKWIA exception - the board omission was considered to be a long standing printing error

I am yet to do my first WAW (of many) this year, and so if this new policy is the case it will be extremely annoying given the BA check-in desk is at the other end of the terminal. In most instances it will be quicker to go through the normal security. Seems ridiculous, particularly given the FT security is absolutely never busy (for BA flights, at least) but I wonder if it is part of some underhand policy to discourage BA over LOT. Although BA changing the morning 0730ish flight to 0830 for the winter timetable isn't exactly encouraging more business traffic on what has become, in my 4-5 years of doing the route regularly, incredibly busy.
Old Jan 7, 20, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch View Post
I am not sure if this is entirely the case as my (Silver) colleague has always gotten through without challenge, with a recent DYKWIA exception - the board omission was considered to be a long standing printing error

I am yet to do my first WAW (of many) this year, and so if this new policy is the case it will be extremely annoying given the BA check-in desk is at the other end of the terminal. In most instances it will be quicker to go through the normal security. Seems ridiculous, particularly given the FT security is absolutely never busy (for BA flights, at least) but I wonder if it is part of some underhand policy to discourage BA over LOT. Although BA changing the morning 0730ish flight to 0830 for the winter timetable isn't exactly encouraging more business traffic on what has become, in my 4-5 years of doing the route regularly, incredibly busy.
I'm silver and I've managed to get through on occasion, but the chart always showed gold and I would blag it by showing them I am OneWorld Sapphire, and they turned a blind eye or waved me past after some confusion. But officially just Gold and BA confirmed this and said it was airport's discretion to offer it to BA Golds in the first place.
Old Jan 7, 20, 7:22 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by cameramaker View Post

Group Boarding is never enforced here
I don't think this is always strictly the case, although the Group 1-2-3 queue tends to be a bun fight. And I've noticed more recently that the gate agents have started boarding the two queues simultaneously, which is rather frustrating. the operation tends to run pretty smoothly when Dorota is present and in charge, but otherwise can be a bit haphazard...I've not seen her for a couple of months though.
Old Jan 7, 20, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JTXC View Post
There's no problem with security queues, however Fast Track is usually deserted because it's at the other end of terminal and hardly anyone uses it. I stopped using it couple of years ago, because I found FT security guys bored and more annoying than in standard lanes. They would pick up on my camera and other stuff.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: