Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AMEX Travel - Spend 200£ or more, get £50 back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Travel - Spend 200£ or more, get £50 back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CanaryWharf
The travel offer must be the first useful offer I received in the past 6 months or so - and I have both the Gold and Platinum.

Luckily there are other significant benefits...but the offers definitely have a lot room of improvement.
Agreed.. there are some useful offers sometimes but that £200 off £600 or whatever it was that appeared nearly every year justified the annual payment for the Plat card. If it doesn't show up it might be time to bin the card.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Got this offer on my AMEX Gold - sadly the flights I need to book with AA are £60 pp more expensive than booking directly
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Schwann
As per usual my Amex offers are just full of hoity toity shops selling tat to posh people with too much money and no sign of the Amex Travel offer!
You must have missed out on the Hungry Horse offer
Schwann and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ttama
You must have missed out on the Hungry Horse offer
I use the Laithwaites offers regularly but just missed out on the spend £2,000 get £1,000 back on some gaudy £50k diamond watch.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:54 am
WLX

Originally Posted by parklife
No offer for me on any cards - was hoping the £200 off £600 would be making an appearance!
Same here. A great shame as that £200 makes post-Christmas spending on travel much more appealing. I am wondering if I didn’t get it this year because last year I managed to spend just a hair over £600…

For those in the thread having difficulty with higher fares on AmEx travel: sometimes there is a (pretty well hidden) ability to select different fares for the same flight (such as a HBO fare). Alternatively, in the past I have booked flights by phone where the booking was not possible online and received a manual credit.
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:22 am

Not in my 2plat, ba black and Costco...

Hope 200 off offer will be again in February like last year
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by CanaryWharf
The travel offer must be the first useful offer I received in the past 6 months or so - and I have both the Gold and Platinum.

Luckily there are other significant benefits...but the offers definitely have a lot room of improvement.
Yeah agreed. I find the 50 GBP off offer good, I also used the Lufthansa 15 pound off offer earlier in the year and of course the famous shop small where I got like 35 GBP back. Looks like they are cutting back on the good stuff.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by milkyway88
I've got both (plus Oliver's Travels) on my lowly emex gold.
Exactly the same here. I've never made a purchase through Amex travel (yet) if that makes any difference.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: QF Gold
I got it Plat card (CC), no purchases on amex travel.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I think the same happened last year. The 200/50 was followed by the 600/200 some time later. I'm holding out for the 600200
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:02 pm

I also remember that I didnt have 50 off last year on boths cards but later I got 2 times 200 off which I used.....
Per year I have savings at least 1k on 2 amex plat wich nicely cover yearly fee
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
So we’re in March already and there’s no sign of 200 off 600 spend on amex travel. Is the general consensus that that’s gone and not coming back? 😢
Old Mar 5, 2020, 3:15 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by wmaciej
So we’re in March already and there’s no sign of 200 off 600 spend on amex travel. Is the general consensus that that’s gone and not coming back? 😢
Yeah, I'm thinking this will be my last year of Amex Plat. £575 was already getting expensive, and if there's no £200 cashback...
Old Mar 5, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I had the spend £200, get £50 off offer on Platinum x 2, but the flights I wanted to book were more than £50 more expensive than on BA.com, so didn't bother. The hotels I wanted to book were closer to the same price, but then I won't get Hilton Diamond perks, which are normally worth something to me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.