Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How much of the BA flight network does the BAEC FlyerTalk community fly in 2020?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wilsnunn
The Google sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vid=1896029868

Edited 03/02/2020 to include links with Filter View enabled

COPY of Post 1 (from wilsnunn) for if the thread gets too long:

How much of the BA flight network does the BAEC FlyerTalk community fly in 2020?
It was suggested in another thread (see here: Any Gaps in our collective knowledge?) that it would be a fun/interesting task to see how much of the whole BA network of flights we as a community here on FlyerTalk actually fly in a given year.

After a bit of discussion in the afore mentioned thread, we came up with the idea of a Google Sheets document to track flights taken by the community.

If people here are genuinely interested in persuing this task then I am sure that it would lead to some very interesting results.

Rules:
  • You must only edit the Google Sheet when not logged into your own Google account (personal/business etc) so as to remain anonymous to the community (and to me the owner of the Google sheet using a new account that is not being used for anything else)
  • You can only add your flight to the list once you have flown it (incase of IRROPS, change of plans etc)
  • You have to have flown on the flight using its BA flight number
    • This means that if you flew on BA113 but were ticketed as AA6134 for example this should not be included
    • This also means that if you have flown QR1 but it was actually ticketed as BA7001 this should be included
In addition to when the route is first flown in the year, this could give some insight into the most popular routes for the members of the community here, as such there is a counter built into the spreadsheet (a simple COUNTA() function) so even if you are not the first to fly that route and want to participate in this experiment, it would be great to see how popular certain routes are.

The Google sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vid=1896029868

Obviously this will not be of interest to everybody but for those who are interested, I hope that this proves to be a fun and interesting experiment.

Note: if you wish to participate but wish to add an extra level of anonymity on top of your FT username, then please feel free to assign yourself another pseudonym and participate that way.

If you have any questions then please let me know.

My post from the afore mentioned thread for reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I have made myself an anonymous account and have put together a basic version of the Google Sheet.

It is fully editable by users who are not signed in and my account shows as "wilsnunn Flyertalk" so keeps me in the same position as I am here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vid=1896029868

I suggest people opening in an "In Private" window thus keeping their personal Google accounts out of it.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Thanks Wilsnunn ! That was a very quick response. :-)

I think the idea of someone else editing for those on mobiles would work as long as we are all ok for us to post as I've done. Don't want to clog the thread up too much with requests.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Sounds like fun!

I've just done LHR-GLA and back so will add myself in when I get home.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I also couldn't figure out how to edit this on an iPhone but I was on BA 49 LHR to SEA on Jan 1st 2020.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
This is awesome. Once it starts getting more populated then will be possible to draw up some kind of graphical representation. Probably too complex at this stage to add in class of travel, but that could be for next year.

Well done and looking forward to the results! Will start adding as of Sunday!
florens likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by lily23
I also couldn't figure out how to edit this on an iPhone but I was on BA 49 LHR to SEA on Jan 1st 2020.
Have added your flight to the spreadsheet. It seems that (on iOS at least) you cannot edit using the mobile browser, so a flaw in this way of doing it.
lily23 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC
I have just done LGW-TFS BA2730 (8th Jan). I believe I’m the first one to fly that this year.

Please can it be added to the spreadsheet.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Great idea - I'll be adding to it in due course.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I have just done LGW-TFS BA2730 (8th Jan). I believe I’m the first one to fly that this year.

Please can it be added to the spreadsheet.
Done, you were indeed the first. ^
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:11 am

Line 58 on the spreadsheet currently refers to a flight BA1934 from LHR to MAN. I suspect that the flight number should be BA1394. Could someone, for example Jonathan2712 who took the flight, confirm the error (if such it is) and make the appropriate correction.

More generally, do we need a protocol for the reporting and correction of similar instances of fat finger syndrome?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
This seems to be very interesting. I added a couple of rows.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by ens100
This seems to be very interesting. I added a couple of rows.
And your last one is out of sequence - but I could not work out how to cut and paste to correct it - although I have put the empty row in for you!
ens100 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by antichef
And your last one is out of sequence - but I could not work out how to cut and paste to correct it - although I have put the empty row in for you!
Thank you, Amended my entries so that they are in flight number order with the rest of the list
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RGS5526
Line 58 on the spreadsheet currently refers to a flight BA1934 from LHR to MAN. I suspect that the flight number should be BA1394. Could someone, for example Jonathan2712 who took the flight, confirm the error (if such it is) and make the appropriate correction.

More generally, do we need a protocol for the reporting and correction of similar instances of fat finger syndrome?
Jonathan2712 would you be able to confirm?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
I flew BA976 (LHR to HAJ) on 8 January and return on BA979 on 9 Jan. I don't think those are on there yet.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hahaandy1
I flew BA976 (LHR to HAJ) on 8 January and return on BA979 on 9 Jan. I don't think those are on there yet.
Added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.