LATAM leaving OneWorld [30 April 2020]

Old Feb 19, 20, 7:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
You'll be able to access whichever lounge IB contracts with. It may or may not be LA's, but I'm sure they won't suspend lounge access entirely.
All the lounges at BOG are bad! Do not have high expectations
Old Mar 5, 20, 5:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Do we have any news from BA on the transition?
Old Mar 6, 20, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Do we have any news from BA on the transition?
Not as far as I've seen, no.
Old May 2, 20, 8:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Now that LATAM has left, BA website still shows it earning. Do we know whether this is a sloppy BA IT, or is LATAM officially gonna continue to earn TPs?
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 2, 20, 8:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by westmidlandsguy View Post
Hi all. I'm flying LATAM from Rio to Sao Paulo. I didn't book through LATAM directly as their website kept crashing everytime I tried to purchase the booking (I tried FIVE times)! So as a result - I booked with Lastminute.com... I couldn't put my BAEC number into the relevant box during the booking process as there wasn't an option! The LATAM team said I can only do it as check in now?! Now LATAM have announced they're leaving earlier than what I expected - I will be flying LATAM after they leave OneWorld.

Will I still be entitled to free checked bags as I booked it under the presumption they wouldn't be leaving OneWorld before I travel with them? I booked it before they made the announcement that they're leaving?! I know I won't get tier points or avios (which I don't care about seeing as it's only 52 avios) but the baggage is a huge thing as I knew I'd get it for free being BA Silver! I would have chosen GOL or Azul otherwise!

I am flying First Class back to Heathrow with BA from Sao Paulo... will BA still be using the Latam lounge in Sao Paulo or will they be using another lounge in Sao Paulo? If the latter is the case - any idea which lounge it could be?

Thanks guys!
To my great surprise, I have always found the American Airlines lounge to be superior to LATAM's at GRU.

AA tends to have better drinks and catering in my experience, and the lounge itself is nicer in my opinion. It's nothing amazing, but it's better and I've always tended to choose their lounge, even when flying LATAM (obviously now this won't be an option)

I am not sad particularly to see LATAM leave oneworld, as I found them pretty atrocious all round tbh.
Old May 2, 20, 8:33 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by drwook View Post
So, what does this mean to us in practical terms - e.g. if we do a round trip to Bogota on Iberia after 1 May, is there a lounge us OWS/OWE's can use or are we stuck in the terminal/hunting for a pay lounge? Or are we expecting BA/IB to maintain a relationship where we can use the LATAM lounges?
Iberia tends to be pretty good at lounge provision, even if some of the lounges are not particularly amazing. For what it's worth, the oneworld website indicates Iberia is going to continue using LATAM's lounge at BOG. It isn't anything worth arriving early for, but it is far superior to Avianca's lounges (but this isn't a hard achievement).
Old May 3, 20, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Now that LATAM has left, BA website still shows it earning. Do we know whether this is a sloppy BA IT, or is LATAM officially gonna continue to earn TPs?
That is strange. When I check the Tier Point calculator it comes up as no TP earned.

Old May 3, 20, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Discovery Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Gold,
Suspect it's just the usual lack of joined-up thinking that plagues BA's IT and they've taken LATAM out of the Tier Point Calculator but forgotten to change their entry under the Avios-earning airlines list to 'Collect Tier Points? No'
Old May 3, 20, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
I read somewhere that LATAM expected to maintain a FFP relationship with most of its former OneWorld partners with the exception of AA (due to the investment by Delta). Perhaps what is in the earning chart is the output of the new relationship?

I can't find the blog article I read previously...

Last edited by plunet; May 3, 20 at 3:11 am
Old May 3, 20, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, Shell Go+
Just found this from the PR:
https://www.oneworld.com/news/2020-0...ive-1-May-2020

A number of oneworld member airlines plan to maintain frequent flyer agreements with LATAM after 30 April. Customers are advised to contact their airlines or visit the airlines’ frequent flyer programme websites for more information.
Old May 3, 20, 6:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
I read somewhere that LATAM expected to maintain a FFP relationship with most of its former OneWorld partners with the exception of AA (due to the investment by Delta). Perhaps what is in the earning chart is the output of the new relationship?

I can't find the blog article I read previously...
It was perhaps in the Falklands thread, indeed it isn't news that LATAM want to continue a relationship with all oneworld airlines with the exception of AA, the latter being for regulatory reasons. I'd lay money on BAEC being particularly the one they wish to continue working with.
Falkland Islands on Avios Points?

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb..._ecavsflights2
Old May 9, 20, 5:19 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
As a datapoint, LATAM flights are still showing and still bookable with Avios. There's also more availability on some routes than when I looked in mid-April. Got 4 seats between Lima and Cusco in February. Hopefully it stays like this. Only downside is the reduced baggage allowance (BA Gold additional luggage allowance is gone).
Old Aug 23, 20, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by rrrrrich View Post
As a datapoint, LATAM flights are still showing and still bookable with Avios. There's also more availability on some routes than when I looked in mid-April. Got 4 seats between Lima and Cusco in February. Hopefully it stays like this. Only downside is the reduced baggage allowance (BA Gold additional luggage allowance is gone).
It's all gone, no LATAM flights are bookable with Avios.
Old Aug 27, 20, 7:57 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
I just saw this - interestingly I had a flight on an an Avios booking cancelled by LATAM but was rebooked automatically by BA.

I also was too late pulling the trigger on one next February so, assuming I can actually get to Peru, am stuck without a flight I intended to book so it'll be a wedge of cash. It's a big loss - I had planned to rebook a trip around Brazil/Argentina next summer which was far more affordable with LATAM.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: