Vueling points to BA Avios

Old Jan 5, 20, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Vueling points to BA Avios

How do I transfer my Vueling points to BA Avios please.
i was able to do this via my Avios account but that has now been closed.
Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 5, 20, 3:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Log into your Vueling Account via Avios.com then Manage My Account / Combine My Avios / Select your programme.

It's just the UK Avios programme, the one semi-independent of BA, that has closed. Avios for Vueling, Aer Lingus and Air Italy continues, and I guess Air Europa will be set up later this year.
Helenp33 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 20, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Jan 5, 20, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Log into your Vueling Account via Avios.com then Manage My Account / Combine My Avios / Select your programme.

It's just the UK Avios programme, the one semi-independent of BA, that has closed. Avios for Vueling, Aer Lingus and Air Italy continues, and I guess Air Europa will be set up later this year.
Iberia (IAG) has promised UX at least one year of status-quo IF (and it's a big IF, since political powers (+press) in Spain are slightly tilting against the merger/acquisition). So, if that status-quo is respected, it's very unlikely "Air Europa will be set up later this year (Avios)".
Old Jan 5, 20, 4:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
Iberia (IAG) has promised UX at least one year of status-quo IF (and it's a big IF, since political powers (+press) in Spain are slightly tilting against the merger/acquisition). So, if that status-quo is respected, it's very unlikely "Air Europa will be set up later this year (Avios)".
I may have missed something there. What I thought was the timeline was that Completion of the deal would be in the second half of 2020, so in theory from July 2020 onwards. Until then there will be no change because both sides can walk away from the deal if regulatory approval is not given, with IAG paying Globalia, UX's ultimate owner, a break fee of 40 million. I agree the regulatory hurdles here are very significant. If there is Completion then the airline becomes an Iberia subsidiary but retaining its brand "for the time being", with Avios confirmed as the loyalty scheme for AIr Europa.
Old Jan 5, 20, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
..... which opens up the interesting idea of whether you should credit SkyTeam flights to Air Europe in the hope of them becoming Avios.
Old Jan 5, 20, 6:55 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post

I'm stuck Love. I enter my password and it immediately takes me to Avios.com/gb - it won't let me change. I have a transaction code but the only phone number that I can find no longer works. Do I call the BA Exec club? Can they transfer these Avios?

At least Avios is showing the Vueling points now!

It is so frustrating
Old Jan 5, 20, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
I'm stuck Love. I enter my password and it immediately takes me to Avios.com/gb - it won't let me change.
I think we need to be a bit more specific. Start here:
https://www.avios.com/gb/en/signin

then login with the long VY number and password and hopefully you will see this. Well, you won't see a big red arrow, that's just me trying not to be too condescending.

Press that button and then continue with Combine Avios steps mentioned above. If that doesn't work, just do a screenshot and I'll probably be able to help further.
Attached Images  
Old May 31, 20, 4:47 pm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I am trying to move vueling avios from avios.com to BA using combine my avios but the web site isn't working. It brings up error 500 (see screenshot) clearly the site is broken.

Any suggestions on how I can still move them?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: