Remind me to avoid ATL!

Old Jan 5, 20, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
OP, you could have entered through one of the domestic terminals with TSA Pre still open, and boarded the airside train to your departure gate/terminal.

Originally Posted by Adstring View Post
It's quite poor inbound too. Arrive at international terminal but then all the shuttles leave from domestic. This involves a landslide transfer on the worlds oldest bus with all your luggage. Not sure if there's a way to do this on the connector train, but I was told I'd need to be connecting to a domestic flight to do that.
No US airports have airside transfers on INTL inbound unless arrivals come from one of the pre-cleared airports.

From a logistic standpoint, ATL is a great airport. A lot of good eats too, as mentioned. The INTL terminal spacious, which is rare for a US airport, especially.
Old Jan 5, 20, 3:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, BA silver, Crystal Society Double Diamond
Add SEA to the list

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Yes, it is probably the worst entry/departure point on BA's USA network. though ORD's inter terminal experience is temporarily giving them a good run too. Still for probably related reasons ATL can give good redemption opportunities outside the business travel days of the week.

I remind the OP to avoid ATL altogether.
After PDX flights are added do not, I repeat do not let friends or family fly via SEA. It is a mess in every respect.
Old Jan 5, 20, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Avoid ATL!

You're welcome...

Old Jan 5, 20, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Although I'm flying back from IAD later this week...and every time I do, i say never again!
Old Jan 5, 20, 5:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post

From a logistic standpoint, ATL is a great airport. A lot of good eats too, as mentioned. The INTL terminal spacious, which is rare for a US airport, especially.
It really has a great set-up to handle very high volume connecting traffic and is my preferred hub to use after departing Podunk Field. However, there are ways that a better O&D set-up was sacrificed to make that happen, and the international arrivals baggage process, especially if you arrive at Concourse E, or a number of other O&D things associated with E&F International, are less than optimal.
Old Jan 6, 20, 1:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Spire Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
OP, you could have entered through one of the domestic terminals with TSA Pre still open, and boarded the airside train to your departure gate/terminal.

No US airports have airside transfers on INTL inbound unless arrivals come from one of the pre-cleared airports.

Thanks, but how would that work with luggage?

Incidentally our bags came off almost first!!
Old Jan 6, 20, 1:21 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Spire Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Adstring View Post
It's quite poor inbound too. Arrive at international terminal but then all the shuttles leave from domestic. This involves a landslide transfer on the worlds oldest bus with all your luggage. Not sure if there's a way to do this on the connector train, but I was told I'd need to be connecting to a domestic flight to do that.
Might be quicker to get the bus to the car hire and then the train back to domestic.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: