Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doha F lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
I do not defend the food quality, even the best of what has been on the menu is mediocre in recent years. I too avoid meat. My point is that the variety of foods has always, and continues to be more than Al Mourjan - again simply the range of what can be had including all the same salads/mezze, also asking for things not on the menu if there is some specific requirement or sushi that is simply not available in Al Mourjan.

I am surprised that multiple posters are suggesting the range of foods is greater in Al Mourjan, not at all surprised that the quality is a problem.
My concern is mainly with the quality of food. One you seem to share. For my needs, I prefer Al Mourjan for the reasons stated. I'm not arguing it is world-class - simply that I like the vegetarian self-serve options and snack options. Lunch in Al Safwa has been poor. Memorably mediocre. As for asking for things not on the menu, they can't always properly cook items offered. Is it terrible? No. It's sustenance. The staff are the sweetest I've ever encountered and I like the calm and beauty of the space. ME tension escalations forbidding, I'll review my opinion when next there.
Fly_IAD likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AnaTravel
My concern is mainly with the quality of food. One you seem to share. For my needs, I prefer Al Mourjan for the reasons stated. I'm not arguing it is world-class - simply that I like the vegetarian self-serve options and snack options. Lunch in Al Safwa has been poor. Memorably mediocre. As for asking for things not on the menu, they can't always properly cook items offered. Is it terrible? No. It's sustenance. The staff are the sweetest I've ever encountered and I like the calm and beauty of the space. ME tension escalations forbidding, I'll review my opinion when next there.
My initial surprise with Genius1 was solely regarding the suggestion that the number of items available, food and beverage (irrespective of quality or personal taste) was the same between both lounges. That was all! Its a shame that the quality has gone downhill so much.

I can remember what it was like many years ago - even pre the Al Mourjan/new airport days and the food was really quite good - especially the Indian vegetarian options. Its been a dramatic drop over the years, particularly since the blockade
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
My initial surprise with Genius1 was solely regarding the suggestion that the number of items available, food and beverage (irrespective of quality or personal taste) was the same between both lounges. That was all! Its a shame that the quality has gone downhill so much.

I can remember what it was like many years ago - even pre the Al Mourjan/new airport days and the food was really quite good - especially the Indian vegetarian options. Its been a dramatic drop over the years, particularly since the blockade
Cheers. I was focusing mainly on quality and choice for my specific needs. I like Indian vegetarian options too. Maybe the AS menu offerings are a little 'safe?. The blockade has been frustrating and I fear it will get worse. I hope we both get to enjoy improved food quality in the future.
Fly_IAD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.