Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition

Old Aug 26, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I assume you are flying IB SCL-MAD and within Spain? All flights are booked in I class? And with the BCN-LHR canceled how are you getting to LHR?

SCL-MAD-BCN-LHR-MAD-SCL

160 + 20 + 40 + 40 + 160 = 420

BA marketed or operated flights count as eligible flights. IB marketed and operated flights count as eligible flights.
Thanks again jerry a. laska!

Youre absolutely right about flying IB in I. Just got off the phone to them and was changed to a direct flight from MAD to LHR, despite having tried to convince the agent to route me BCN-MAD-LHR (cant blame me for trying!). I guess this is ok because it means that my daughter wont have to wait around for so long at a lounge-less airport, but its really frustrating since itll leave me just 10 TPs shy of silver.

Anyway, Ive just posted on the TP run thread to see if anyone has any suggestions for whilst Im in the UK. Ill be there for 40 days, although the first 14 will have to be spent in self-isolation. Im now based in Chile And not likely to return to Europe until next year, which means that this is probably my only good chance to reach silver, since LATAM are out of the equation.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by chilglish
Thanks again jerry a. laska!

Youre absolutely right about flying IB in I. Just got off the phone to them and was changed to a direct flight from MAD to LHR, despite having tried to convince the agent to route me BCN-MAD-LHR (cant blame me for trying!). I guess this is ok because it means that my daughter wont have to wait around for so long at a lounge-less airport, but its really frustrating since itll leave me just 10 TPs shy of silver.

Anyway, Ive just posted on the TP run thread to see if anyone has any suggestions for whilst Im in the UK. Ill be there for 40 days, although the first 14 will have to be spent in self-isolation. Im now based in Chile And not likely to return to Europe until next year, which means that this is probably my only good chance to reach silver, since LATAM are out of the equation.
Hi,

If you are just 10 tp's short of silver then a day return ( or B2B) to anywhere in the UK, ie EDI, GLA etc will get you there as the cheapest fares earn 5 tps each way.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 29, 2020, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

If you are just 10 tp's short of silver then a day return ( or B2B) to anywhere in the UK, ie EDI, GLA etc will get you there as the cheapest fares earn 5 tps each way.

Regards

TBS
Thank you @the_Banking_Scot, Ill definitely look into it. BTW, whats B2B? I had a look in the glossary and couldnt find it.
Cheers
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Thank you @the_Banking_Scot, Ill definitely look into it. BTW, whats B2B? I had a look in the glossary and couldnt find it.
Cheers
Back-to back. If you just want the TPs you fly up and back on the same aircraft, if you fancy a day out then you buy a return and spend a bit of time at the other end.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:28 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MADPhil
Back-to back. If you just want the TPs you fly up and back on the same aircraft, if you fancy a day out then you buy a return and spend a bit of time at the other end.
Good to know!
Looking at option of flying CE to Newquay to visit friends (can be bought for as low as 62 o/w) and then treating my daughter to the Riviera sleeper train back to London...
Thanks again
Old Aug 30, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Good to know!
Looking at option of flying CE to Newquay to visit friends (can be bought for as low as 62 o/w) and then treating my daughter to the Riviera sleeper train back to London...
Thanks again
Sounds like a nice outing. I should have noted that they would both be return tickets, unfortunately BA doesn't give a discount for out and back on the same aircraft!
Old Aug 30, 2020, 10:37 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by MADPhil
Sounds like a nice outing. I should have noted that they would both be return tickets, unfortunately BA doesn't give a discount for out and back on the same aircraft!
Yes, of course! Maybe they should give discounts for flying back on the same aircraft! The reason for the o/w in CE would be to net the necessary TPs for both me and my daughter in just the one flight and then enjoy the wonderful sleeper to London!
Old Sep 6, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: krisflyer
Inverness - Heathrow - NYC return for 850 pounds on J. Is this worth biting the bullet for next Easter? 360TP and 12k Avios or so and I'm trying to squeeze 450TP in for Silver...
Old Sep 6, 2020, 4:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by makrxx
Inverness - Heathrow - NYC return for 850 pounds on J. Is this worth biting the bullet for next Easter? 360TP and 12k Avios or so and I'm trying to squeeze 450TP in for Silver...
its a very good fare. Whats your concern? That travel may not be possible by then? You will be covered by BWC/FTV at least.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by KARFA
its a very good fare. Whats your concern? That travel may not be possible by then? You will be covered by BWC/FTV at least.
I fly to Singapore often and I ultimately want the TPs so was thinking if I can do Stockholm/Copenhagen to Singapore on Qatar J for the occasional 1.1-1.3k that might be more worth it.

But yes seems like 850 (or c.1000 if I factor in the London to Inverness flight and a nights stay possibly) is a decent deal. Im based in London.

Indeed the travel voucher will be helpful if I plan to cancel anytime.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I've just looked at my tier points account and this morning I have an entry "Points Reset for New Year Membership" I thought they would stay as my expiry date was extended due to Covid?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by RockyRobin
I've just looked at my tier points account and this morning I have an entry "Points Reset for New Year Membership" I thought they would stay as my expiry date was extended due to Covid?
Your status has been extended but your collection years remain the same and TPs get reset to zero as normal.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:32 am

Oh wow I had not understood that correctly. Shock! Looks like retaining this time next year has just gone.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Oh wow I had not understood that correctly. Shock! Looks like retaining this time next year has just gone.
well you should have maintained status in to your 9 September 2020 to 8 September 2021 year.

Beyond that you only need to earn the reduced threshold between now and 8 September 2021 (so 450 TPs) to maintain silver in to your 9 September 2021 to 8 September 2022 membership year.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:51 am

This is true but my year starts today and I'm not flying anywhere soon unfortunately; all too risky that plans get ruined.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.