Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High US Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Blue
I'm sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but is the advice above also applicable for LHR to LAS in Nov 2020? It seems the historical best prices for CW return is around £1400 and First is £2100 so these are my target prices. The best CW return fare I can find currently in the BA sale is £1789 which is LHR-LAS-LGW. Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Anyone booking this far out is likely completely bound to the timing in question and thus price insensitive. While there is no way to predict 2020 pricing, on a route such as this, it is unlikely to be realistic until 90 days out.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Weebl
I'm sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but is the advice above also applicable for LHR to LAS in Nov 2020? It seems the historical best prices for CW return is around £1400 and First is £2100 so these are my target prices. The best CW return fare I can find currently in the BA sale is £1789 which is LHR-LAS-LGW. Thanks.
The "approx 6 weeks" guideline applies generally.

That fare gap isn't huge, it is close to the lowest for the year, and I can't see much cheaper elsewhere in Europe (INV, DUB and OSL only marginally cheaper). So if bargain hunting is everything, then leave it a few months; if securing the deal is more important book now (and don't look again!). If this is a regular event for you then it's good to have sufficient Avios stashed away if only for flexibility reasons.
Weebl likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Weebl
1789 is very solid I would just book that.
Weebl likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by IWood
Hi

Anyone know why Business Class fares to the US e.g. Miami / New York are so high departing around 1/2/3/ December 2020?

On a number of dates First Class is cheaper than Business with Business to Miami coming in at over £4300?

Seems very odd?
Some other anxious buyers in your party have already purchased some seats, meaning that only crazy expensive full fare seats are currently the only fares available for sale at this remove.

People who buy crazy early are - like those forced to buy at the last minute - exhibiting behaviour that indicates that they are perfect candidates to be fleeced by airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.