Problem with GGL Partner Card nomination

Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Problem with GGL Partner Card nomination

I tried to make two partner card nominations this morning and received the following message:

"Sorry, there is a technical problem with your nominee's Executive Club account, and we are unable to provide them with your discretionary card at this time. This problem should be cleared on 2 February 2020, at which time you should be able to re-nominate them, if you are still eligible to do so"

Has anyone else come across this before and does anyone know how this may be sorted out?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
I see this all of the time and in all cases it resolved itself on the indicated date. GGL people were not able to do anything. I still find this very strange.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Have you tried calling? I did some nominations a few weeks ago and didn't see any messages like that.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
That would be annoying if your nominee had travel plans before 2 Feb (and no existing status).
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This is not the message about your F&F list being locked? That would normally look like this.

Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
This is not the message about your F&F list being locked? That would normally look like this.

No. definitely not that.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mikebg
I tried to make two partner card nominations this morning and received the following message:

"Sorry, there is a technical problem with your nominee's Executive Club account, and we are unable to provide them with your discretionary card at this time. This problem should be cleared on 2 February 2020, at which time you should be able to re-nominate them, if you are still eligible to do so"

Has anyone else come across this before and does anyone know how this may be sorted out?
I had a similar message when I tried to nominate somebody after their TP year ended but before their card expired. The date given in the email was a day or two after their card expired, and when I tried again then it worked fine. And given they had just started their new TP collection year, they had two years of status.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Last20
I had a similar message when I tried to nominate somebody after their TP year ended but before their card expired. The date given in the email was a day or two after their card expired, and when I tried again then it worked fine. And given they had just started their new TP collection year, they had two years of status.
This is the most common reason for the system preventing a nomination. It’s generally positive in that it ensures the recipient will get two full years of the nominated status rather than 12-13.5 months. However, it can be an issue for those who will be gaining a higher status than currently held via the nomination, and would like to utilise the higher status benefits before the existing status benefit period expires.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
This is the most common reason for the system preventing a nomination. It’s generally positive in that it ensures the recipient will get two full years of the nominated status rather than 12-13.5 months. However, it can be an issue for those who will be gaining a higher status than currently held via the nomination, and would like to utilise the higher status benefits before the existing status benefit period expires.
I get it. Thanks. That is exactly my position here. I don't think that he will need to use the status in the 2 days between 31st Jan and 2nd Feb, so it should be OK.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:20 am

Reviving a slightly old thread, because I'm facing a similar problem when trying to do a nomination today (2 Oct 2022 @ 09:00 UK time).

The message I got was: "Sorry, we cannot complete your nomination due to a problem with our system. Please try again. If the problem continues, you can contact your Loyalty Service Centre to complete your nomination."

The message now no longer mentions a date on which the problem will be cleared. Has anyone faced a similar situation recently, and know what's going on and when it's best to re-nominate?

Last edited by carrotjuice; Oct 2, 2022 at 2:36 am
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Reviving a slightly old thread, because I'm facing a similar problem when trying to do a nomination today (2 Oct 2022 @ 09:00 UK time).

The message I got was: "Sorry, we cannot complete your nomination due to a problem with our system. Please try again. If the problem continues, you can contact your Loyalty Service Centre to complete your nomination."

The message now no longer mentions a date on which the problem will be cleared. Has anyone faced a similar situation recently, and know what's going on and when it's best to re-nominate?
You can't put any genuine hope in BA's IT being resolved any time soon, In your shoes I'd be on the phone to the GGL team and get your nomination completed manually.
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:24 pm

A quick update. I resubmitted the nomination online on 2 Oct 2022 @ 11PM UK time, and it now went through okay. Seems BA has "prevented" any nominations up to a certain point in time when it crosses the new month, although it's no longer explicit when this threshold is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.