Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Nicking of Airline Cutlery, glassware and blankets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicking of Airline Cutlery, glassware and blankets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
It's awful to have users repeatedly post photos in their original size, especially in threads that aren't trip reports. Why is it so hard to be considerate and resize your 4:3 and 16:9 shots to some width that's manageable at a FHD resolution?

I can tell you that even at UHD resolution the page looks ghastly and the writings disappear as one's screen is filled with some crockery photos. And this comment doesn't only apply to this thread, but more widely in this subforum and elsewhere on FT. And it's also an observation I've done at FHD resolution. Please, do not post photos wider than 1200-1600 pixels.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
OT but since you mention it, I must say that I really do miss those airline decks of playing cards! I spent many a childhood flight playing a game of patience on my plane tray table and no electronic game comes anywhere near.
I was born to parents of another era. I remember curb checking our bags (how could you not they were made of Bakelite). Asking if we could get bumped (both ways and it would work). Reading Newsweek magazine with my dad (so the "Kay mer Ro gays" are bad guys dad?) Every flight my mother or father would give me a couple "air sick" pills (benadryl) when we were at the gate. During boarding my mother would ask for a wing pin if an attendant didn't proactively give me one. Then give me a lecture that only big boys get to keep their wings, and if I cried they would be taken by the Captain who might throw me out of the plane. Bribed, threatened, and drugged to the gills, we were often complimented on how polite and well behaved children we were. Other odd motherly things proactively asking for crackers and croutons during food service because "hes a picky eater" then keeping them for her work lunches. Another motherly lesson order your bloody mary prior to take off "I take my bloody marys like i take my men hot and cheep" even if they wont make it on the tarmac you'll get served before drink service. She also kept branded drink stirrers too.

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
Nicking things seems like it will inevitably lead to them being 'enhanced'. If paying for Premium classes of travel, I really don't fancy eating my meal with a plastic knife and fork or drinking out a disposable plastic cup - really would cheapen the experience.

Being 'enhanced' is that the code for when they discontinue a service "to give our customers the opportunity to choose whats right for them" Your in flight movie can be found on your own damn tablet.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:41 pm

I can claim absolutely no hard evidence of this, but BA F pajamas are not reused by BA. BA not only "allows" you to keep them, they "intend" for you to keep them.

The same cannot be said of dishes, blankets, headphones, etc.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
It's awful to have users repeatedly post photos in their original size, especially in threads that aren't trip reports. Why is it so hard to be considerate and resize your 4:3 and 16:9 shots to some width that's manageable at a FHD resolution?

I can tell you that even at UHD resolution the page looks ghastly and the writings disappear as one's screen is filled with some crockery photos. And this comment doesn't only apply to this thread, but more widely in this subforum and elsewhere on FT. And it's also an observation I've done at FHD resolution. Please, do not post photos wider than 1200-1600 pixels.
for those less technologically minded, is there an easy way to change this? They display beautifully on the mobile website which I think implies they have been posted thus
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:44 pm

YES Mother.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:52 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Zero morals about taking anything... just not tacky enough to ever allow any guests to my home to dine or drink out of a piece of airline china or insecure enough broadcast the fact that I regularly turn left where there serve food out of such things.

I do have a set of ‘honestly acquired from the mandarin oriental’ printed on the bottom porcelain chocolate boxes that go perfect with my Alessi table wear and these quite cheap kitschy chinese character table mats.

I would applaud the skills of anyone that can actually make anything stolen from BA work with the rest of their table wear as an interior design genius.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by Momentum57
I was born to parents of another era. I remember curb checking our bags (how could you not they were made of Bakelite). Asking if we could get bumped (both ways and it would work). Reading Newsweek magazine with my dad (so the "Kay mer Ro gays" are bad guys dad?) Every flight my mother or father would give me a couple "air sick" pills (benadryl) when we were at the gate. During boarding my mother would ask for a wing pin if an attendant didn't proactively give me one. Then give me a lecture that only big boys get to keep their wings, and if I cried they would be taken by the Captain who might throw me out of the plane. Bribed, threatened, and drugged to the gills, we were often complimented on how polite and well behaved children we were. Other odd motherly things proactively asking for crackers and croutons during food service because "hes a picky eater" then keeping them for her work lunches. Another motherly lesson order your bloody mary prior to take off "I take my bloody marys like i take my men hot and cheep" even if they wont make it on the tarmac you'll get served before drink service. She also kept branded drink stirrers too.
Are your parent Chinese from post the "Cultural Revolution"? I ask because I see similar behaviors from my parents that lived though those dark times. I was perplexed as to why my mother would save small soy sauce packets when I had bought a Costco sized container of soy sauce. I think in my mothers mind it was due to the possibility that if you did not take everything you could get now, it would be gone if you went back; sort of like when abused kids hoard and hide food.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:37 pm

Holding my hands up here , I do have a knife fork and spoon i swooped from a CW trip many years ago that I keep in my work bag and use daily 😁
jediwisdom likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:45 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
(emphasis mine) But that is precisely my point. Why are you excluding airline pyjamas from the list? What is the common sense logic behind it? Or why for that matter are you presumably excluding Y headsets which are also reusable?
I specifically mentioned BA F pajamas. I think it's almost inconceivable to imagine that they would be washed and reused by the airline.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:48 pm

I liken it to someone improving a lie or not counting every stroke... lots of people do, but I do not. And, I prefer to hang out/play with people who would not "cheat" even a little. A lot of rationalizing in this thread.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I suppose the taking of food and drink from lounges is fair game?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I suppose the taking of food and drink from lounges is fair game?
Are you being deliberately mischievous?
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by golfmad
Are you being deliberately mischievous?
Please don't tell me it's been discussed before?
T8191, golfmad and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:00 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by nancypants
for those less technologically minded, is there an easy way to change this? They display beautifully on the mobile website which I think implies they have been posted thus
They look fine on my tablet and PC in Chrome. Maybe the OP needs to look at his setup before dictating what others should do?
htb likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
They look fine on my tablet and PC in Chrome. Maybe the OP needs to look at his setup before dictating what others should do?
Whether they look fine or not, it's a real pain to have to scroll endlessly past large photographs to read the latest contributions to the debate. Thankfully, the thread has now moved on to a new page so it's not a problem any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.