Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Nicking of Airline Cutlery, glassware and blankets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicking of Airline Cutlery, glassware and blankets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I found a UA F spoon in my small (ex-BA) toiletries bag, a smallish one that I often took on long haul flights.

It's a brilliant spoon. - Other than the branding . Bigger than a tea spoon, but smaller than a pudding spoon. I use it daily for my meusli/cereal.

Some years after this, I was a guest at an Aviation function, and sat next to the then UA CEO. I told him about my spoon, and he said that I could keep it.
I have several UA (pre CO) teaspoons in my kitchen cutlery drawer.

Not sure how they got there, but they are my go to teaspoons.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
I have several of the Marc Newson QF cutlery items. The only thing I have ever taken and they are iconic IMO. I often look at them forlornly and wonder if I can ever go to Australia again. Not that it justifies half inching them, sorry Qantas
nancypants and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Some many years ago now I flew to Isle of Man on biz with my then manager, a Japanese ex-pat actually employed by JAL

After the meeting with the supplier at thier facility they took us for lunch at an Italian restaurant.
When it came to serving coffee at the end of the meal, the spoon they served with his had the JAL logo on it!

He had a laugh teasing the restaurant manager, even showing his airline employee card.

Now did he pull a spoon from his pocket as a party stunt..? Took many trips with him around Europe over a few years and it never happened again, so I do still believe it was a total fluke
ENTP likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
And I have to keep scrolling past your continued moaning and demands that someone else makes the effort you dont feel inclined to.
Says the person that responds to an almost two year old post. It wasn't moaning, it was an on-point observation regarding the size of certain attached photos.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
My name is jahason, I keep taking two packets of crisps from the lounge on every visit, and I need help.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:14 am

I still have the tiny butter dish from CX J class that I used as an ash tray. I no longer smoke but kept the dish.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Well, in terms of things being nicked from planes the passenger in front of me on BA275 (LHR - LAS) on 31st December walked off with two unopened bedding packs from the Club cabin. That was definitely a first for me! Also on that flight the passenger behind my wife asked for the "plane noise to be turned down" as it was too loud. I kid you not. You couldn't make this stuff up. Also, another first, we parked up at D22 (instead of the E gates at T3) and then had to take the longish walkway to T3 to clear immigration.
abligh likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:10 am
Original Poster

As the creator of this post. I too have now had to borrow an Emirates Tea Spoon. I forgot my usual Spork I travel with. And not a fan of using in the room cutlery or kettles for my morning Porridge pot. Im sure it ill get further use in my office kitchen draw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.