Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Nicking of Airline Cutlery, glassware and blankets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicking of Airline Cutlery, glassware and blankets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
The iconic Finnair Ultima Thule glass collection can be bought in an airport shop in Helsinki, and, boy, they're not cheap. Then again neither is beer at 7.30 Euros for two thirds of a pint when the AY lounge is full on Schengen side.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I checked a few of the service items on Qatar, they are made by the Japanese company Narumi. But are not part of any collection for sale. I always liked the little ramekins for warm nuts.
thanks! Sadly they don’t ship or have options for them in Austria but they seem to have classy elegant plates, would def consider if they were an option around here
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I will admit to being disappointed when they collect the salt and pepper pots in First.

I suspect a lot of those go missing.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 4:56 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
There were no salt and pepper pots on the recent LHR-DXB flight in F. The cabin crew raided their own meals to extract the paper salt and pepper sachets for the F passengers.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
We had long ago come to the conclusion that when you came to tea, Mother counted the spoons after you left. That you blame your poor wife for this ending up in your cutlery basked is a bit rich.
I've never flown BCal dear so it was definitely the missus who swiped the spoon. I admit to an Air France tumbler ending up in my bag after cabin crew failed to collect it close to landing. Should have started a thread about the safetry incident on the AF forum!! 20 years later and I'm still using it tonight.

Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
I at least have to scroll a lot, since the pictures are large. Not sideways, thankfully, but the posts are huge in length due to the photos. And apparently I'm not the only one, since at least two of us in the thread think the pictures are too large.

And I have to keep scrolling past your continued moaning and demands that someone else makes the effort you dont feel inclined to.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:17 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've never flown BCal dear so it was definitely the missus who swiped the spoon. I admit to an Air France tumbler ending up in my bag after cabin crew failed to collect it close to landing. Should have started a thread about the safetry incident on the AF forum!! 20 years later and I'm still using it tonight.
I have an Air France ashtray that came from 1st Class - I have not smoked since 1978 but like all good Dragons I blow fire I suspect that this is a real piece of memorabelia none the less

A Scotsman who never flew BCal - whatever next?
HIDDY and bisonrav like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Many years ago I was done with a difficult week in California, (but staying in a waterside 5* hotel). I had booked United/someone else to Melbourne, via Hawaii and Sydney. All in J.
After a little relaxing in Hawaii, it was back to work, down to Melbourne. For no apparent reason, UA upgraded me to First from Hawaii.. (I was BA and SQ Gold, but I was nothing to UA).

When I eventually returned to SWMBO in UK, I found a UA F spoon in my small (ex-BA) toiletries bag, a smallish one that I often took on long haul flights.

It's a brilliant spoon. - Other than the branding . Bigger than a tea spoon, but smaller than a pudding spoon. I use it daily for my meusli/cereal.

Some years after this, I was a guest at an Aviation function, and sat next to the then UA CEO. I told him about my spoon, and he said that I could keep it.

My only other goodies other than rather too many BA jimmy jams, and toiletries bags, are the give-aways from my one and only Concorde TA flight.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Hand wash

Originally Posted by signol

My son has autism, and this is his favourite fork. Every meal he uses it (unless it's in the dishwasher, only if it's dirty will he use another). The kicker, is that we've no idea where it came from. Neither my wife nor I have *ever* flown AA...

signol
I don’t think something this precious should be consigned to the dishwasher. Hand-washing works perfectly well for cutlery, and for glassware. Dishwashers are for pots and pans!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
only thing i recall stealing was a stemless wine glass from AA biz--the newer ones with the logo etched in...because i wanted to understand how much wine i consumed as at the time they were always there to fill it up! spoiler alert: was much more than i thought!

so it was obviously for academic/research purposes!
adrianlondon and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by VSLover
only thing i recall stealing was a stemless wine glass from AA biz--the newer ones with the logo etched in...because i wanted to understand how much wine i consumed as at the time they were always there to fill it up! spoiler alert: was much more than i thought!

so it was obviously for academic/research purposes!
Darling I started to read your rationale and a flock of blue pigs flew in tight formation past the window!!

I, of course, believe you.
VSLover and alex67500 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
My parents have various bits of BEA and Iran Air cutlery in the kitchen, plus a BEA wine opener. Remnants from my mother’s time as an air stewardess cabin crew.

If she ever reads this she’ll be furious with me for hinting at her age with the obsolete job title and the airlines mentioned!
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Darling I started to read your rationale and a flock of blue pigs flew in tight formation past the window!!

I, of course, believe you.
it is well known amongst my friends i despise stemless wineglasses as they represent the worst of the trendy early 2000s cooking show go-to in the US! i would never!
Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
There was an imposter onboard the other week:

Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bluekjp
beer at 7.30 Euros for two thirds of a pint when the AY lounge is full on Schengen side.
The size of the pour is a greater insult than the price.

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
a difficult week in California
Aren’t they all?

Originally Posted by SxMan
I don’t think something this precious should be consigned to the dishwasher. Hand-washing works perfectly well for cutlery, and for glassware. Dishwashers are for pots and pans!
How odd. All my stainless flatware is subject to the dishwasher while I’d never dream of putting my pans through that torture.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.