Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tragic news : Three BA cabin crew killed in New Years Eve car crash

Tragic news : Three BA cabin crew killed in New Years Eve car crash

Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
A terrible end to the festive season. Thoughts and love to the families that have lost someone special so young.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:28 pm

Over 30k raised in around 4 hours. Incredible.

As a crew community we really are one big family. If you didnt know the victims personally youll certainly know of them through mutual friends. It hurts today.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Lowly Blue
I was deeply saddened to learn of this dreadful accident with the tragic loss of so many young lives from Mid Fleet. It will be devastating for their families and will sadden and be felt by all BA staff, particularly cabin crew and especially those in MF who knew them.

To all of those touched this accident, my deepest condolences, for although long retired, I still consider myself part of the BA family.

Bellerophon
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:11 am

Very sad to hear about this tragic accident. My condolences to the families and friends of those who have lost their lives.
Bearface likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The names have now been officially released, and I think it's right to give to give the victims their all too human identity. The three BA cabin crew killed on New Year's Eve were Rachel Clark, 20 years old, Dominic (Dom) Fell, 23, and Joe Finnis, 25. Another cabin crew member remains seriously ill in hospital and isn't being named at this stage, however she is 25 years old.

The BA Angels fundraiser is currently at 47,313, and I can see quite a number of FTers have generously contributed to the fund, as have other frequent flyers whose names I don't recognise. I'm sure the fact that passengers have dipped into their pockets for this is appreciated by the victims' family, friends and colleagues. I see there have been donations from many other airline staff, including American Airlines, Norwegian, Emirates, easyJet and doubtless others. It's really easy to make a donation, even small sums are really adding up here.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ba-angels-fund
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The BA Angels fundraiser is seriously impressive.

Such a sad occurrence ... my sympathy goes to all those involved, including of course their colleagues.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Very sad, especially at this time of year. My heart go out to the families - I hope they get to see this thread at some stage in the future and understand that the passengers that travel on BA all do seem like one big BA family - we all do appreciate the work the cabin crew all do - especially the younger ones as they are always keen to help.

I also pause for a moments thought for the cabin crew who still need to work and who have been affected by this tragedy - please speak to someone if you need to - or even if you don't think you need to. I would hope that we, as passengers, can pass on a smile to show we care - lets not get excited about the little things just now - it really is not worth it!

aks120
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Deepest condolences to all involved, truly terrible. Thanks for the link to the BA Angels fundraiser.
Bearface likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:30 am

I notice the top donation of 500 is from someone called Alex C.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
What dreadful news. I am former BA cabin crew and felt compelled to donate. Bless them all.

Flying is such a special and unique job, I miss the fantastic crew on Eurofleet.
flygirl68, aks120 and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I've just had a look, and they've collected over 71,000 on the fundraiser. That's amazing, what a response!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I've just had a look, and they've collected over 71,000 on the fundraiser. That's amazing, what a response!
Amazing amount donated for this cause, I know its probably a private matter, but is there any update on the 4th female passenger in this accident, hoping she is making a good recovery?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
Amazing amount donated for this cause, I know its probably a private matter, but is there any update on the 4th female passenger in this accident, hoping she is making a good recovery?
All we know at this stage is that she remains in a central London hospital. No other details have been released. We are desperately hoping for a full recovery.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Can I just highlight the appeal, we are 3,500 short of our 100,000 target, thank you for all for your very generous donations.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/ba-angels...pd+share-sheet
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:04 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Is there any news on the charities chosen that this fund will goto?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.