Premium Fare Deals | master thread

Old May 30, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by stewaran
thanks , thats good to know, I had a good look but wanted to make sure

Did find FRA - SIN on Etihad for £1350!

now hoping QR match it :-)
not sure QR will. Looking at a flights I am booked on July /August, the seat map shows J cabin almost full. Very surprised by this but pent up demand across Europe seems to filling long haul out of DOH. I’d imagine things will settle down later in year and post WC.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by trolleymusic
Anyone seen any good ex-EU fares to east coast Australia recently? I’ve been looking on and off since February and nothing seems to come in under £3k.
Seems virtually impossible...fares are just going one way. I scored a QR lite fare out of DUB in February for travel in September. €3,800 which in retrospect, seems like a fantastic deal. Part of me wanted to wait, but I am glad I didn't. A mate is trying to get flights from Madrid and some of the prices are eye watering
trolleymusic likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I've recently booked BUD-....-HNL and then an avios redemption for HNL-SYD. Including positioning flights and layover hotels it worked out about £2k plus all the avios I'll earn, and I'm doing HNL-SYD down the back! Despite a long time playing with options in the ITA matrix I couldn't find any cash deals better than £2.9k
Oh wow! That's going to be a huge trip!
Old May 30, 2022, 3:09 am

and nothing seems to come in under £3k.
If you can get GBP3k for a Business class round trip UK or EU/Oz I'd suggest you're doing well and should take it.
The eye-watering pricing mentioned above leads to desperate measures. As reward fares haven't yet gone up, my next trips up and down are using sale purchased AA Miles on BA via SIN, on QR via DOH, on FJ/BA via SFO and at Christmas a good cash price on MK from PER via MRU. Others down here have used Scoot SYD/SIN or Jetstar MEL/BKK to connect with a better variety of cheap flights from those points to Europe on Finnair etc. One other thought is that if Japan really opens up (the recent de-restriction is only for tour groups) we may see extra capacity being offered via TYO on ANA or JAL, but it's unlikely to beat your target price, particularly with the increased non-Russia flying time.
trolleymusic likes this.

Last edited by Bullswood; May 30, 2022 at 3:18 am
Old May 30, 2022, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Bullswood
If you can get GBP3k for a Business class round trip UK or EU/Oz I'd suggest you're doing well and should take it.
The eye-watering fares mentioned above lead to desperate measures. As reward fares haven't yet gone up, my next trips up and down are mostly using sale purchased AA Miles on BA via SIN, on QR via DOH, on FJ/BA via SFO and at Christmas a good cash price on MK from PER via MRU. Others down here have used Scoot SYD/SIN or Jetstar MEL/BKK to connect with a better variety of cheap flights from those points to Europe on Finnair etc. One other thought is that if Japan really opens up (the recent de-restriction is only for tour groups) we may see extra capacity being offered via TYO on ANA or JAL, but it's unlikely to beat your target price, particularly with the increased non-Russia flying time.
Yeah, I think I've been spoiled recently by the £1.2k flights to US & South America, and thinking that Australia might head back down close to £2k. Don't know if I have to wait till next year for that to come back or if those days are gone.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:21 am

With high demand, reduced capacity, high fuel prices and longer flight times, I think we've seen the last of bargain fares to Oz for the foreseeable future.
trolleymusic likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Anyone seen any good ex-EU fares to east coast Australia recently? I’ve been looking on and off since February and nothing seems to come in under £3k.
Was looking at flights to AUS for the cricket world cup in October. Best J fares I found were MXP-MCT-KUL-MEL (with WY) for £2400, and LHR-MEL via HAN/SGN with VN for £2700.
orbitmic and trolleymusic like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Was looking at Ex EU fares to the US a month back and was seeing some in the £1,500 range. Now everything seems to have doubled. Need to spend a few days on the east coast in mid September. Prom into NYC maybe one or two internal legs and out from ATL, BNA, CLT or similar. Anyone have any tips?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by brentford77
Was looking at Ex EU fares to the US a month back and was seeing some in the £1,500 range. Now everything seems to have doubled. Need to spend a few days on the east coast in mid September. Prom into NYC maybe one or two internal legs and out from ATL, BNA, CLT or similar. Anyone have any tips?
A lot of the ex-eu cheapy deals require booking more than 180 days in advance , presumably thats why September is now no longer available but was in recent months.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
A lot of the ex-eu cheapy deals require booking more than 180 days in advance , presumably thats why September is now no longer available but was in recent months.
thx. the fares I was seeing in May were certainly in the <180 days category
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
The internal legs seem to push up the fares…. But you can still get £1,500 in and out of NYC starting in Dublin and finishing in Madrid.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 7:29 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
There’s plenty of £770 WTP fares in September LHR-JFK and wide open CW reward availability for upgrades. So £1k +50k avios ish total?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by Gomac
The internal legs seem to push up the fares…. But you can still get £1,500 in and out of NYC starting in Dublin and finishing in Madrid.
DUB is always worth having a look at for J fares both westbound and eastbound
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by blurt91
DUB is always worth having a look at for J fares both westbound and eastbound
Definitely worth a look, got DUB-YUL, CUN-DUB flights at Christmas for just over £1300, and flights from DUB to MEX over Easter for £1250!
blurt91 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
ARN-JFK is still around the £1500 mark for some dates in September (and every day from October onwards) direct or connecting via LHR or HEL. The direct service is on the Finnair A330 with the new non-reclining seats which are not everyone's cup of tea.

LAX is an almost free add-on with ARN-[LHR/HEL]-JFK-LAX also around £1500.
MaxFlyer and wanderingjock like this.

Last edited by Steve_ZA; Jun 18, 2022 at 3:30 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.