Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Fare Deals | master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
Does this qualify for double points?
Sadly not - exUK only.

But impressive you've managed to get transcon-First for that price - that normally blows out the fare completely.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by thebigben
Here's the usual 2 week trips in J (and one in F this time too!) from Google Flights

CDG-BKK £966
BUD-DEL £987
MAD-SFO/LAX £1,098
BRU-HKG £1,134
ALG-West Coast £1,192

Europe-NRT from £1,464 QSuites
MAN-JNB £1,595
CDG-MEL £2,031 QSuites
BUD-West Coast £2,333 First
Are the MAD - SFO/LAX only with Finnair?

Was hoping to piece together a Spain-LHR-JFK-LAX and vv
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
Are the MAD - SFO/LAX only with Finnair?

Was hoping to piece together a Spain-LHR-JFK-LAX and vv
Try ex AGP.
I've found SFO easier than LAX.

Spike
efincomputer and krispy84 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Has anyone any experience of 'TravelUp' or 'WorldAirFares'. ... as highlighted by TurningLeftforLess a few days ago they've got attractive business class fares on the BA codeshare flights to Helsinki ( from about £250 r/t - booking direct with BA, Finnair or any other OTA is much more )

TravelUp in particular seems to get poor TrustPilot reviews
Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Other more expert than I will reply. The main issue is if something goes wrong trying to get money back is very slow and may have other fees. If it all works out then there is no problem.
EvilDoctorK and Schwann like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Has anyone any experience of 'TravelUp' or 'WorldAirFares'. ... as highlighted by TurningLeftforLess a few days ago they've got attractive business class fares on the BA codeshare flights to Helsinki ( from about £250 r/t - booking direct with BA, Finnair or any other OTA is much more )

Can’t comment on WorldAirFares but Travelup is a big no for me. They have virtually no service, ignore all your requests, I had to fight it with MCOL for the pandemic cancellation fees, ended up reaching up court hearing and they didn’t bother turning up. But they paid up promptly after judgment though.
frb98mf likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:28 am

Anyone seen anything to ex-EU to BNE/SYD/MEL recently? I'm very flexible with dates and have been looking for ~4 weeks leaving anytime from September - December 2020, but the best I've been able to see is ~£2750 ex FRA on CX.

What do our crystal balls 🔮 tell us in terms of waiting? In a normal year I would wait another few months and know something better would inevitably be coming around the corner.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by trolleymusic
Anyone seen anything to ex-EU to BNE/SYD/MEL recently? I'm very flexible with dates and have been looking for ~4 weeks leaving anytime from September - December 2020, but the best I've been able to see is ~£2750 ex FRA on CX.

What do our crystal balls 🔮 tell us in terms of waiting? In a normal year I would wait another few months and know something better would inevitably be coming around the corner.
There were ex-DUB flights to many Australian cities for around £1200 return a couple of months back, but with Star Aliiance. BA/OW didn’t match so I’m not optimistic about finding any good fares ExEU with OW going forward.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by trolleymusic

Normally there would be a QR deal from somewhere in Europe but nothing since the CDG-MEL £2k a couple of months ago. Very slim OneWorld pickings.
Could usually rely on BA OSL-SYD for around £2.3k but that hasn't come back. I think It might be years til we see anything decent to Australia from Europe.
I'm considering SQ from CDG for around £2.3k for a second trip later in the year.

Spike
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Funky Spike
Normally there would be a QR deal from somewhere in Europe but nothing since the CDG-MEL £2k a couple of months ago. Very slim OneWorld pickings.
Could usually rely on BA OSL-SYD for around £2.3k but that hasn't come back. I think It might be years til we see anything decent to Australia from Europe.
I'm considering SQ from CDG for around £2.3k for a second trip later in the year.

Spike
Interesting insight on OneWorld fares - I'd echo it for numerous destinations I've been looking at. Nothing decent at all.

I'm on the hunt for an Ex-EU OW fare to Vietnam next March - probably AY or QR. Everything I can find seems to be priced around £2k-2.3k, but I was hoping for around £1500. Am I being unrealistic in the current climate? Hopefully not based on your projected cost of a SYD/MEL fare, albeit on StarAlliance. I'll sit it out a few weeks longer.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK

If you're sure you will travel then I think it's ok. As others have said, only problem is if something goes wrong. In that case if you pay by credit card you have protection with them and another layer of protection with travel insurance.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’m booked with TravelUp to fly to HEL next Saturday so will report back if I have any issues.

The only issue I’ve had is selecting a seat in the AY flights (couldn’t do it on any of the partner airline websites) so had to call BA.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I’m booked with TravelUp to fly to HEL next Saturday so will report back if I have any issues.

The only issue I’ve had is selecting a seat in the AY flights (couldn’t do it on any of the partner airline websites) so had to call BA.
I'm booked with them for June. The etickets came through quicky and you can add the booking to your BA account as it was a BA flight number. I had to choose seats on RJ though.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I was wondering if we could book with BA and claim the price difference back via the Price guarantee policy (or whatever it’s called)?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I was wondering if we could book with BA and claim the price difference back via the Price guarantee policy (or whatever it’s called)?
I had a quick look. The only issue I saw was that TravelUp and other sites didn't display the letter class of the fare - which it looks like the BA price match thingy says it needs.
MaxFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.